IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ANOTHER BOGUS BELT FOR THE WINNER OF PACMAN-MARQUEZ IV, HOW LONG WILL THIS HYPE CONTINUE
BrutUalBK
post Nov 28 2012, 09:57 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

Pacman-Marquez fight for special WBO belt

When Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez face off for the fourth time on the 8th of December in Las Vegas, the winner of the fight will be crowned the World Boxing Organization’s “Champion of the Decade.” Sartonk Designs was commissioned by the WBO to create a special belt for this title.

Here we go again, Arum getting another boxing organization to create another bogus belt/title for Manny (should he win), honestly if anyone cannot see the farce that is Manny Pac with all these garbage titles/belts by now then what else can one say about this?

This is simply done so that once Manny loses to Floyd they can say he has more belts/titles, we should all know that should JMM win (again, IMO he beat him all the other fights) that nobody would be willing to call Marquez the "Champion of the Decade".

Why wasn't this bogus strap offered for the Bradley vs Pac fight?? Oh, I almost forgot, Pac lost that one fair and square.

Thoughts??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 28 2012, 10:04 PM
Post #2

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

There are too many belts,

But the saving grace is that, like the WBC Diamond Belt, it's commemorative only. There are no rules, sanctioning fees, or anything associated with it. It's probably due to the fact that this is the 4th tiime these two will be fighting. Correction, this fight's commemorative belt is for the winner of Pacquiao-Marquez IV, not automatically going to Manny. I made the correction in the title above.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 29 2012, 01:26 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

They'll have to make two titles then...

This "Champion of the Decade" title can either go to Pac or JMM upon victory, but a "Forever Butthurt" title needs to be made in the event that Marquez is jobbed again.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 29 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

we're 2 years into the decade...making a belt and calling it "champion of the decade" is very presumptuous of them.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Nov 29 2012, 01:43 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

Though I feel Marquez is going to finally get the decision this time, I still can see it... "Manny Pacquiao, Champion of the Decade". Hahahaha

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 29 2012, 02:39 PM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 29 2012, 01:35 PM) *
we're 2 years into the decade...making a belt and calling it "champion of the decade" is very presumptuous of them.

LMAOOOOOOOO For real. Like fuck the rest of you dudes and your future accomplishments. Once this fight is over, you can ll go home. It'll all go downhill from here.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Nov 29 2012, 02:44 PM
Post #7

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

lol please tell me this isn't true.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Nov 29 2012, 02:49 PM
Post #8

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (flazi @ Nov 29 2012, 03:44 PM) *
lol please tell me this isn't true.

Seriously. Reminds of the WWE or better yet, All My Children. May as well start hiring writers and scripting the matches....oh wait....forgot about Bob Arum in this one.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Nov 29 2012, 02:55 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 29 2012, 01:35 PM) *

Yup.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Nov 29 2012, 02:56 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 29 2012, 02:39 PM) *
LMAOOOOOOOO For real. Like fuck the rest of you dudes and your future accomplishments. Once this fight is over, you can ll go home. It'll all go downhill from here.

Definitely. On the plus side, hopefully Pacquaio will finally retire and take his Pactard level fans with him.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Nov 29 2012, 02:57 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:20 AM