IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's Official! Schaefer is leaving GBP! (Topics Merged), Mayweather also parts way, Hopkins next?
mgrover
post Jul 31 2014, 06:59 PM
Post #121

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 30 2014, 09:55 PM) *
Tuesday, De La Hoya tweeted the following: “Imagine Canelo vs Cotto, GGG vs Ward on the same card?! 5 de mayo! Would anybody pay to see that?”

I wonder if De La Hoya knows or has some general idea of what Mayweather's big surprise will be in May. Some fans think he's challenging Mayweather with this statement and others think he's trying to just steal the cinco de mayo date.

Regardless I don't think this is likely because I don't see Ward and Golovkin fighting on an undercard in a fight of that magnitude. Plus I think a Mayweather-Danny, Broner-Matthysee, and Thurman-Porter card would trump Oscar's plans

I think without Mayweather a Broner-Matthysee and Thurman Porter could trump it, hell I'd happily pay for both. Those are awesome fights lol. Mayweather Garcia I don't care about so much.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 31 2014, 09:42 PM
Post #122

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 31 2014, 06:59 PM) *
I think without Mayweather a Broner-Matthysee and Thurman Porter could trump it, hell I'd happily pay for both. Those are awesome fights lol. Mayweather Garcia I don't care about so much.

If Danny were to fight Peterson and beat him before the year is out I wouldn't have a problem with that fight but otherwise I agree. That's one helluva card that can't be ignored

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 31 2014, 09:48 PM
Post #123

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 31 2014, 11:54 AM) *
Wow Oscar! Way to bite the hand that has been feeding you! You think Canelo and Cotto won't pull in big numbers? I can see this happening. I am sure Arum wouldn't mind sticking it to De La Hoya. Danny has to look impressive against Salka that might not happen. I mean his stock has fallen. And i doubt his first test at WW will be Mayweather. They could possibly take Cinco De Mayo back with that card. Ward could agree to be a co-feature. he would be fighting on a big stage, the biggest of his career. It can only help his exposure. Question is, how you going to pay all those big names? The only card that can trump this is well, Pac Mayweather.

Oscar is a bitch, now he getting the jump, forcing Mayweather to do something big and fighting at the Garden won't be enough, he has to fight someone everyone wants to see.

What are you talking about first test? His fight with this nobody is at a catch weight of 142. Ward ain't gon be nobody co feature. I just don't see that happening. That's hustling backwards, and if I was him or on his team there's no one who'd get me to agree to that. You do to fight under nobody when you have his resume and plus he's trying to get to the status of being a bigger star

Agree though, he kinda lost his mind with this statement, those are big fights thus they are big money fights. I don't see where the money comes to pay for that card. Oscar might just be stirring up shit but I don't see it happening

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 1 2014, 06:01 PM
Post #124

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 31 2014, 06:48 PM) *
What are you talking about first test? His fight with this nobody is at a catch weight of 142. Ward ain't gon be nobody co feature. I just don't see that happening. That's hustling backwards, and if I was him or on his team there's no one who'd get me to agree to that. You do to fight under nobody when you have his resume and plus he's trying to get to the status of being a bigger star

Agree though, he kinda lost his mind with this statement, those are big fights thus they are big money fights. I don't see where the money comes to pay for that card. Oscar might just be stirring up shit but I don't see it happening

Ward has a terrific resume, but he is still unknown to the massive. Being on an undercard like that it can introduce him to a wide audience, do I think it is fair, no! You would put Danny in with Floyd for his first fight at WW?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 6 2014, 01:33 PM
Post #125

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 1 2014, 06:01 PM) *
Ward has a terrific resume, but he is still unknown to the massive. Being on an undercard like that it can introduce him to a wide audience, do I think it is fair, no! You would put Danny in with Floyd for his first fight at WW?

Still not going to happen. Ward may not be known to the masses but he's arguably the best fighter in the sport today. He's already getting million dollar plus purses. And for a fight like that they couldn't pay him or Gennady what they deserve. And as I said fighting on an undercard against GGG is stupid, that's a stand alone fight. Danny already fighting at WW, he's fighting at 142 on Saturday. Do you read or do you just skip to parts that interests you? I think the only fight which he'll try to make 140 for is against Lamont.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 6 2014, 01:38 PM
Post #126

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 6 2014, 10:33 AM) *
Still not going to happen. Ward may not be known to the masses but he's arguably the best fighter in the sport today. He's already getting million dollar plus purses. And for a fight like that they couldn't pay him or Gennady what they deserve. And as I said fighting on an undercard against GGG is stupid, that's a stand alone fight. Danny already fighting at WW, he's fighting at 142 on Saturday. Do you read or do you just skip to parts that interests you? I think the only fight which he'll try to make 140 for is against Lamont.

I know his fight is at 140 I'm saying I would not have Danny fight his first 147 fight against Floyd.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 6 2014, 10:01 PM
Post #127

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Let's see how this GBP/TR marriage plays out. Oscar's never really had two brain cells to rub together (after his career ended), but maybe by the Law of Averages, he'll get it right and make a major move, in the midst of this merger (so to speak).

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 7 2014, 12:08 AM
Post #128

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 6 2014, 01:38 PM) *
I know his fight is at 140 I'm saying I would not have Danny fight his first 147 fight against Floyd.

It's not, his first fight at WW is Saturday since it's at a cw of 142

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 10:11 PM