IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Ortiz only 850,000 PPV buys? (Topics Merged), Is FightHype reporting inaccurate figures?
Cshel86
post Oct 13 2011, 09:58 AM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Okay Leonthegee, I will take that answer in the meantime. It was better than your answer last time this thread was open..."Ive never even heard of this Steve Kim dude and the writer doesnt even list his credituals."

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 13 2011, 09:59 AM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 8 2011, 09:46 PM) *
It doesnt say where the numbers came from. Ive never even heard of this Steve Kim dude and the writer doesnt even list his credituals. I doubt he has the contacts to break a story like that. Im not buying it. HBO will realise the offical numbers. They always do.

I guess nobody knows the real PPV numbers, huh?

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/126491957248.gif) (IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/tumblr_lqcr9kOLup1qayhrz.gif)

FAIL!!!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 13 2011, 10:18 AM
Post #33

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Okay, well since there's not much going on in this thread, I actually feel bad about closing it...

Well on the other hand...I actually DONT!!! Hahahahaha!!!...

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/evillaughcastle.gif)

See ya later folks...

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/somanybarneysp1.gif)

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Oct 13 2011, 12:15 PM
Post #34

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

Why does any thread that mentions the possibility of Mayweather-Ortiz pulling in less than a million PPV buys get closed?

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showtopic=27778

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showtopic=27796

(IMG:http://a4.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/74/c532fb8c88644bd4aecbd67e0e7cb157/l.jpg)

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Oct 13 2011, 01:41 PM
Post #35

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

It's just not cool to start a thread that's in any way anti-Mayweather. You can talk about him inside a thread but that's it. It's like a conspiracy theory, but it's not, cause something's clearly up. Reporting PPV numbers by itself is certainly not trolling.

I guess in this case Hype disputes the reports indicating the fight did under a million, and stands by his previous info. He also doesn't seem to like other reporters getting credit on his message board. Hence, responding to Fitz the other day about the link to a Tavoris Cloud interview, and the way he dismissed Steve Kim's "credituals" in the first closed thread.

I expect this thread to be closed soon as well, with a stern message as an epitaph.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
thehype
post Oct 13 2011, 01:50 PM
Post #36

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 13 2011, 02:41 PM) *
It's just not cool to start a thread that's in any way anti-Mayweather. You can talk about him inside a thread but that's it. It's like a conspiracy theory, but it's not, cause something's clearly up. Reporting PPV numbers by itself is certainly not trolling.

I guess in this case Hype disputes the reports indicating the fight did under a million, and stands by his previous info. He also doesn't seem to like other reporters getting credit on his message board. Hence, responding to Fitz the other day about the link to a Tavoris Cloud interview, and the way he dismissed Steve Kim's "credituals" in the first closed thread.

I expect this thread to be closed soon as well, with a stern message as an epitaph.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

I didn't close the thread, so no clue as to what the fuck you're talking about. I could care less about "anti-Mayweather" threads. There's been plenty here before that have never been closed.

As for the PPV numbers, Kevin Iole reported 1.3-1.7, we reported 1.3, and just last Friday, Dan Rafael says Schaefer and HBO told him well over 1 million, so like I said, this mystery 850,000 number doesn't really matter to me. And I didn't "dismiss" Steve Kim's credentials...so please don't put words on my fingers...I agreed with the fact that he's dialed in, which is one of the reasons why he even calls me when he's snoopin for info.

As for other reporters getting credit, I could care less about that shit too...if I did care, I'd put a fucking word filter on other websites and prevent people from linking to them...kind of like other websites do for us. My response to Fitz was ONLY because I don't feel as though WE get enough credit on our own motherfuckin' message board!

I tell you what though....I am starting to reconsider someone else's opinion about message boards and am really wondering if it's worth the fucking headache of keeping one around for motherfuckers who only seem to bitch all the time.

And just for the record, I reopened the fuckin thread since, like I said, I'm not even sure why it was closed in the first place because there ain't no motherfuckin conspiracy.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 13 2011, 02:08 PM
Post #37

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

(IMG:http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u247/balalalaaa/Explosion.gif)

+Quote Post
caneman
post Oct 13 2011, 02:31 PM
Post #38

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

I will say this, while $1.3 million sounds fine....I always wondered about the PPV's that you never hear the final #'s on! I would think those are the ones that done less than expected like maybe Pac/Mosley for example, they may never give the final #'s! The fact is no matter if it's this site or another, they can report what they are told. The way the economy is these days, honestly 850k ain't even bad really! Fuck, hoes are giving free blow jobs these days give to have something warm in their bellies! lmao

For the record I think this site does great work and gets interviews no one else can...that FACT speaks for itself IMO!

This post has been edited by caneman: Oct 13 2011, 02:46 PM

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Oct 13 2011, 02:38 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 13 2011, 02:50 PM) *
I didn't close the thread, so no clue as to what the fuck you're talking about. I could care less about "anti-Mayweather" threads. There's been plenty here before that have never been closed.

As for the PPV numbers, Kevin Iole reported 1.3-1.7, we reported 1.3, and just last Friday, Dan Rafael says Schaefer and HBO told him well over 1 million, so like I said, this mystery 850,000 number doesn't really matter to me. And I didn't "dismiss" Steve Kim's credentials...so please don't put words on my fingers...I agreed with the fact that he's dialed in, which is one of the reasons why he even calls me when he's snoopin for info.

As for other reporters getting credit, I could care less about that shit too...if I did care, I'd put a fucking word filter on other websites and prevent people from linking to them...kind of like other websites do for us. My response to Fitz was ONLY because I don't feel as though WE get enough credit on our own motherfuckin' message board!

I tell you what though....I am starting to reconsider someone else's opinion about message boards and am really wondering if it's worth the fucking headache of keeping one around for motherfuckers who only seem to bitch all the time.

And just for the record, I reopened the fuckin thread since, like I said, I'm not even sure why it was closed in the first place because there ain't no motherfuckin conspiracy.

This bitching is really getting on your nerves? Didn't a great man once say that you haven't made it big unless people are bitching at you?

+Quote Post
PalookaJoe
post Oct 13 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #40

Guess who...

Member No.: 13,297

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 13 2011, 09:31 AM) *
Since we are repeating recent history...anybody know who Steve Kim is?

Lil Kim's brother?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 01:49 AM