> WBC Demands Rematch, your thoughts?
bnoles4life
post Dec 18 2011, 08:04 PM
Post #41

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 18 2011, 05:59 PM) *
I've been hearing him talk about Bute, but I was under the impression that he wanted Bute to move up to 175, instead of him (B-Hop) moving down to 168. I guess 168 wouldn't be too bad for Hop, but I was questioning that when it "appeared" that he had trouble making weight for the Pascal rematch. His response was that he "didn't do #2" before the weigh-in.

So hey, who knows? I agree, there's absolutely nothing at CW for Hopkins, or anybody for that matter. As far as him fighting Bute, you're right, he would give him trouble...because its a known fact that Hopkins knows the ins and outs of frustrating the hell out of his opponents and ruining their fight game...let alone kill the mood of the fight.

Yeah, that sounds JUST like Hopkins', "Hey champ (and coincidentally, THE DRAW), come up in weight to beat me, even though you don't NEED me."

Amazing, how it probably will work.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 18 2011, 08:55 PM
Post #42

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 18 2011, 08:04 PM) *
Yeah, that sounds JUST like Hopkins', "Hey champ (and coincidentally, THE DRAW), come up in weight to beat me, even though you don't NEED me."

Amazing, how it probably will work.

Hell yeah. Hopkins feels that he's in a position to do that, but truthfully, based on his accomplishments (reigning MW champ, oldest champ in boxing), he does have that pull.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Dec 19 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #43

Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 18 2011, 09:55 PM) *
Hell yeah. Hopkins feels that he's in a position to do that, but truthfully, based on his accomplishments (reigning MW champ, oldest champ in boxing), he does have that pull.

I would agree, if it weren't for the ridiculously gigantic elephant in the room: The fact that Bute doesn't need 175, NY OR (and especially) Hopkins to make a VERY good payday. Now, consider BHop's & Chad's "stinker"; can BHop say the same?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 19 2011, 04:47 PM
Post #44

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 19 2011, 03:52 PM) *
I would agree, if it weren't for the ridiculously gigantic elephant in the room: The fact that Bute doesn't need 175, NY OR (and especially) Hopkins to make a VERY good payday. Now, consider BHop's & Chad's "stinker"; can BHop say the same?

Yeah true. Im sure this fight will materialize sooner than later though. You have to think about who needs the fight the most between the two (Hopkins and Bute). Bute's resume doesn't look all that great, which consists of an old Joppy, a faded Miranda, Bika, and a "comin' for the check" Glenn Johnson. Im sure that Bute will realize that he needs a HOF'er on his resume sooner or later...if he even cares.

Hopkins on the other hand, only needs Bute for a bigger payday and more recognition (which he has earned more than enough of)...his legacy is set for the most part. Im sure B-Hop will talk his way into this one, just as he's done all of his big fights.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Dec 19 2011, 05:13 PM
Post #45

Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 19 2011, 05:47 PM) *
Yeah true. Im sure this fight will materialize sooner than later though. You have to think about who needs the fight the most between the two (Hopkins and Bute). Bute's resume doesn't look all that great, which consists of an old Joppy, a faded Miranda, Bika, and a "comin' for the check" Glenn Johnson. Im sure that Bute will realize that he needs a HOF'er on his resume sooner or later...if he even cares.

Hopkins on the other hand, only needs Bute for a bigger payday and more recognition (which he has earned more than enough of)...his legacy is set for the most part. Im sure B-Hop will talk his way into this one, just as he's done all of his big fights.

The reason I'd want to see Bute/Hopkins is the hope of seeing Cote on the undercard. Kid has fast hands and is explosive....however, he may not "catch" well.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 19 2011, 05:27 PM
Post #46

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 19 2011, 05:13 PM) *
The reason I'd want to see Bute/Hopkins is the hope of seeing Cote on the undercard. Kid has fast hands and is explosive....however, he may not "catch" well.

Cote? Are you talking about that Canadian animal that fought on the Bute/Johnson undercard?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 19 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #47

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

dawson/bhop rematch won't happen. bhop never wanted that fight to begin with. if it does...the old man has a built in excuse...his shoulder. dawson will beat him.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Dec 19 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #48

Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 19 2011, 05:27 PM) *
Cote? Are you talking about that Canadian animal that fought on the Bute/Johnson undercard?

That is the Cote I speak of.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 19 2011, 07:48 PM
Post #49

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 19 2011, 05:55 PM) *
dawson/bhop rematch won't happen. bhop never wanted that fight to begin with. if it does...the old man has a built in excuse...his shoulder. dawson will beat him.

That's a strong possibility...

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 19 2011, 05:56 PM) *
That is the Cote I speak of.

Dude is a beast! He needs to do better a better job of protecting that chin of his, but his power is ridiculous! Jose Benavidez is my dude! He's sick! He's 6'0 140 lbs and he has a mean left hook

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 19 2011, 09:17 PM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 19 2011, 07:48 PM) *
That's a strong possibility...

Dude is a beast! He needs to do better a better job of protecting that chin of his, but his power is ridiculous! Jose Benavidez is my dude! He's sick! He's 6'0 140 lbs and he has a mean left hook

i watched benavidez put it on vernon paris in sparring. i was thoroughly impressed. the kid was looking like something special back then, but since he left the wildcard/freddie roach...i'm not so sure. i saw footage of him sparring the new filipino kid...he doesn't look as good as he used to. not so impressive.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 12:31 AM