IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd getting worked in sparring??, Does this mean anything?
BrutUalBK
post Apr 18 2013, 05:45 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt...6#ixzz2QrFAFP7b
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Ruben Guerrero: Mayweather Getting Beat Up in Sparring
Posted by: Rick Reeno on 4/18/2013 .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Rick Reeno

Ruben Guerrero, the outspoken father/trainer of Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (31-1-1, 18KOs), tells BoxingScene.com that he heard rumblings that Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26Kos) is getting worked over by his sparring partners. Guerrero challenges Mayweather on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Showtime Pay-Per-View will televise.

Both Mayweather and Guerrero are holding their training camps in Las Vegas. Ruben believes his information is valid, because on Wednesday at a media workout at the Mayweather Boxing Club - it was pretty clear that Mayweather was sporting a bruise under his right eye.

"I seen that black eye on him. If he thinks he's getting beat up in sparring wait until May 4. He's gonna get a real beatdown [that day]. He better be ready that's all I'm saying because Robert wants this. He's ready and he's a warrior with Mexican blood. We fight till the death. Robert wants to put a beating on this guy and its gonna take every Mayweather in that ring to beat my son. And if the father wants a old school beating I have one for him too. Viva Mexico! Viva California! Viva Texas! We want this! Let's go," Ruben said.

Ruben says he is not intimidated by going against the training duo of Floyd Mayweather Sr. and his brother Roger Mayweather.

"If you got two trainers you got nothing. Floyd Sr. is a puppet, all he does is talk. Roger is the real trainer who does mitts and everything. The other guy is a cheerleader man. What type of head trainer doesn't do mitts with his fighter? Lil Floyd Jr. just feels bad cause he treated his father like sh*t on TV. If I were Roger I wouldn't allow these fools to do that. He trained Floyd Jr. his whole career and the other guy is here for the paycheck," Ruben said.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
flazi
post Apr 18 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

the harder the training the easier the fight.

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 18 2013, 05:57 PM
Post #3

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

Yeah...not so much. Lack of credibility with "the source."

Now if Guerrero had said this weeks or days before media day and the obvious bruise (and especially if his son wasn't fighting the fighter in question)...his "I heard..." would be a slight more credible. But to come out after you see a bruise on a fighter....that's just spin.

Not the first time Floyd's sported a bruise during training.

Wonder why Reuben Guerreo is not more focused on his own fighter...and those 12 pounds he still needs to lose. Smh.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 18 2013, 06:06 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

It could mean a whole range of things if it was true. But that's a big if. Maybe it would explain how come they'd didn't film any sparring this time around? But if it was true, it really needs to be put into context, you know what Floyds like, does crazy rounds for crazy amount of time with fresh opposition when he himself is tired as. I mean remember when Floyd fractured a rib before the Marquez fight. Nothing new.

12lb in 30 days is nothing, any idea what Floyds was at?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 06:30 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 18 2013, 06:45 PM) *
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt...6#ixzz2QrFAFP7b
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Ruben Guerrero: Mayweather Getting Beat Up in Sparring
Posted by: Rick Reeno on 4/18/2013 .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Rick Reeno

Ruben Guerrero, the outspoken father/trainer of Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (31-1-1, 18KOs), tells BoxingScene.com that he heard rumblings that Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26Kos) is getting worked over by his sparring partners. Guerrero challenges Mayweather on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Showtime Pay-Per-View will televise.

Both Mayweather and Guerrero are holding their training camps in Las Vegas. Ruben believes his information is valid, because on Wednesday at a media workout at the Mayweather Boxing Club - it was pretty clear that Mayweather was sporting a bruise under his right eye.

"I seen that black eye on him. If he thinks he's getting beat up in sparring wait until May 4. He's gonna get a real beatdown [that day]. He better be ready that's all I'm saying because Robert wants this. He's ready and he's a warrior with Mexican blood. We fight till the death. Robert wants to put a beating on this guy and its gonna take every Mayweather in that ring to beat my son. And if the father wants a old school beating I have one for him too. Viva Mexico! Viva California! Viva Texas! We want this! Let's go," Ruben said.

Ruben says he is not intimidated by going against the training duo of Floyd Mayweather Sr. and his brother Roger Mayweather.

"If you got two trainers you got nothing. Floyd Sr. is a puppet, all he does is talk. Roger is the real trainer who does mitts and everything. The other guy is a cheerleader man. What type of head trainer doesn't do mitts with his fighter? Lil Floyd Jr. just feels bad cause he treated his father like sh*t on TV. If I were Roger I wouldn't allow these fools to do that. He trained Floyd Jr. his whole career and the other guy is here for the paycheck," Ruben said.

i will give ruben this....this is the most shit i've ever seen anyone talk to floyd and his camp ever. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) either he's crazy....or he's a genius. we'll find out come may 4th.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

floyd has 3 sparring partners....

errol spence, sechew powell and jesus gonzalez. word is that gonzalez is giving him the best work.

there's a fine line between training someone to a peak...and over doing it. with more than one cook in the kitchen...this may be an issue. from an interview i saw earlier today from roger...he says he's the one steering the ship. i know floyd wants the whole family involved...i hope it's a good thing. jeff is down in panama. we'll see what happens come fight night.

on guerrero's side...i've seen guerrero and his pops work. honestly..i've always got the feeling that guerrero trains himself. his pops definitely pushes him though.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Apr 18 2013, 06:35 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 18 2013, 06:36 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 18 2013, 06:06 PM) *
It could mean a whole range of things if it was true. But that's a big if. Maybe it would explain how come they'd didn't film any sparring this time around? But if it was true, it really needs to be put into context, you know what Floyds like, does crazy rounds for crazy amount of time with fresh opposition when he himself is tired as. I mean remember when Floyd fractured a rib before the Marquez fight. Nothing new.

12lb in 30 days is nothing, any idea what Floyds was at?

I thought Floyd never allowed cameras I'm when in sparring?

Either way it sounds sketchy. But Floyd has some pretty good sparring partners so even if he is getting worked its probably a good thing, help him shake off the rust.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 18 2013, 06:53 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Well I remember a certain DLH getting worked by tiny little Valero and had serious black eyes before he got dusted off by MP and prior the fight everyone was saying that what happens in sparring was no indication of what would happen in the ring......I forget, what round was DLH stopped in??

I'm not making a comparison between DLH's defense and Floyd's but the black eye thing stands out to me, if that is true then if those are lesser fighters than RG that Floyd is facing in his training/sparring then he may be in for an even more tougher night than we originally thought if this is any indication.

Just saying!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 07:01 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 18 2013, 07:53 PM) *
Well I remember a certain DLH getting worked by tiny little Valero and had serious black eyes before he got dusted off by MP and prior the fight everyone was saying that what happens in sparring was no indication of what would happen in the ring......I forget, what round was DLH stopped in??

I'm not making a comparison between DLH's defense and Floyd's but the black eye thing stands out to me, if that is true then if those are lesser fighters than RG that Floyd is facing in his training/sparring then he may be in for an even more tougher night than we originally thought if this is any indication.

Just saying!

here is video of the guy who is giving floyd the best work. how did i miss this???

he's a 168lb fighter.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 18 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 19 2013, 12:36 AM) *
I thought Floyd never allowed cameras I'm when in sparring?

Either way it sounds sketchy. But Floyd has some pretty good sparring partners so even if he is getting worked its probably a good thing, help him shake off the rust.

They live streamed when he was training for Cotton for whatever reason. Must of felt confidence in what he was doing as opposed to now. Maybe he wants to keep Guerrero guessing whether he'll be on the inside or pot shorting from the outside etc

Why is Floyd sparring 168lbers? Or does he expect Guerrero to be overweight by a lot lol

This post has been edited by mgrover: Apr 18 2013, 07:07 PM

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 11:53 AM