Reply to this topicStart new topic
> is anyone studying the tapes?
Jovi
post May 2 2013, 08:34 AM
Post #21

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,532

Just seen all access episode 4. I can't believe I'm saying this but Robert Guerrero is looking good. I take my hat off to the guy, i really didn't like him before the fight but his head is in the right place, what he said about floyd was true about being in his high position and not really being a good influence, he said better it was spot on. He's looking pretty fast too, i hope floyd has been doing something off scenes because i see the same stuff and its slower than before. But his body does seems like its bigger than before, the only good sign i got was when they showed one of Floyd's sparring partner's who could be a Super middleweight southpaw if its the right guy and he said "he was unhumanly strong" while his face looked alil swelled up.

I knew he would come back bigger and stronger, but i wasn't thinking too highly of the fight. I am a fan but i don't have the illusion that Mayweather can never lose, ANYTHING can happen in that ring. Gonna be a good fight, I'm excited. Every other big fighter this year has either been upset, or unimpressive.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 2 2013, 09:15 AM
Post #22

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

What exactly is Jeff working with Floyd on during camp? Was he in episode 4?

I'm asking because I was watching it, but fell asleep. I totally forgot that it yesterday was Wednesday, and I had to end up catching the 1AM rerun...needless to say, I was gonna be able to hang.

It DOES seem like a bit of second-guessing in the Mayweather camp, well, according to the way Floyd is talking about the whole "I'm getting older now" stuff. Maybe this is a smokescreen like the ones that the Guerrero camp is putting out there...who knows?

Something tells me that both guys have some pace-changing stuff up their sleeves...its all about who's able to get off first.

Anybody else notice how on the fence I am about this fight??? I'm flip-flopping in every FMJ/Guerrero thread. I'm such a mess right now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 2 2013, 09:49 AM
Post #23

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 2 2013, 10:15 AM) *

I'm asking because I was watching it, but fell asleep. I totally forgot that it yesterday was Wednesday, and I had to end up catching the 1AM rerun...needless to say, I was gonna be able to hang.

It DOES seem like a bit of second-guessing in the Mayweather camp, well, according to the way Floyd is talking about the whole "I'm getting older now" stuff. Maybe this is a smokescreen like the ones that the Guerrero camp is putting out there...who knows?

Something tells me that both guys have some pace-changing stuff up their sleeves...its all about who's able to get off first.

Anybody else notice how on the fence I am about this fight??? I'm flip-flopping in every FMJ/Guerrero thread. I'm such a mess right now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) me too bro, i just ranted to my roommate how this fight is gonna be a good one and 2013 may be the year of the upset.. I even said that i wouldn't bet any money on mayweather this fight. Very bold statement.

This post has been edited by Jovi: May 2 2013, 09:50 AM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 2 2013, 12:35 PM
Post #24

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

its funny how these shows changes people minds

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 2 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

u are not alone! i heard some stuff that has me rethinking everything at this point. floyd has executive producer credits on 360? that means he has access to all the footage and gets to say how the whole story gets told. i don't have a problem with him telling the story his way....but i do have a problem with him having access to all the footage. he gets to see what the guerrero camp is doing in camp. that should be classified information and it gives one side an unfair advantage...pretty much like pac/roach had for most of his run. it's kind of hard to lose when u know what the other side is planning.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 2 2013, 03:17 PM
Post #26

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2013, 02:09 PM) *
u are not alone! i heard some stuff that has me rethinking everything at this point. floyd has executive producer credits on 360? that means he has access to all the footage and gets to say how the whole story gets told. i don't have a problem with him telling the story his way....but i do have a problem with him having access to all the footage. he gets to see what the guerrero camp is doing in camp. that should be classified information and it gives one side an unfair advantage...pretty much like pac/roach had for most of his run. it's kind of hard to lose when u know what the other side is planning.

yea i seen that. i don't think he had that on 24/7

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 2 2013, 08:29 PM
Post #27

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 2 2013, 09:15 AM) *

Because age is going to get to him. Just because we got Hopkins who can make it happen at those ages, doesn't mean Floyd is the same. Floyd's family I think also has a history of health problems, so it's going to happen sooner or later.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 3 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

jeff was down in panama with one of his fighters during this camp. i think he's only helping out in the corner.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 3 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #29

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (sduck @ May 2 2013, 08:29 PM) *
Because age is going to get to him. Just because we got Hopkins who can make it happen at those ages, doesn't mean Floyd is the same. Floyd's family I think also has a history of health problems, so it's going to happen sooner or later.

Age has already gotten to him

+Quote Post
du365
post May 4 2013, 12:55 AM
Post #30

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 2,129

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 1 2013, 12:23 PM) *
I take that whole "watching tape" thing like I take Jay and Biggie not writing their rhymes. #1 We don't know how true it is. #2 Maybe Floyd is just better on the fly than coming in with a pre-conceived game plan. He's not the first fighter to say this. Some of the old school trainers say that when you have a rigid game plan, fighters become robots. Then when they get in the ring and their opponent does something they didn't plan for, they panic.

BIG use to right rhyme and then he stopped one, all dome after that..

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:55 PM