Reply to this topicStart new topic
> gabriel rosado rejects catchweight!!!, in fight against ggg
daprofessor
post Jan 2 2013, 08:08 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

win or lose...i have to give this man his props. apparently he didn't know about the catchweight. his promoter asked for it...and ggg's camp agreed to it. rosado said it wasn't necessary and basically took a page from the old school and said he'd fight ggg at his weight out of respect for boxing and the champion!!! plus...he didn't want any excuses about the 2lbs "when he wins." man i love this kids' confidence!!!!

i cannot wait for this fight. he's got me second guessing my initial prediction with this move. reading the article on the front page...i still felt they're making a mistake. it's apparent to me they really don't know who ggg is...and his trainer said they only started viewing tape of him since the fight was signed. i think they're biting off way more than this kid can chew. maybe they see something i don't? in any case...this kid just showed his balls to the world with this move. good for him! more fighters should take note.

on the flip side...u don't hear ggg talking about 'who is gabriel rosado?' or any bullshit like...'this kid isn't worthy...' or 'i wanna fight the best in the division, blah,blah,blah.' i hope ppl are taking note. this is how it's done.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 2 2013, 08:17 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

thats exactly how it should be done, there both going about there business in a respectful manor (not that am against decent trash talking), I can't wait for this fight

edit:

As much as I like this guy, I can really see GG outboxing him more and more everytime i watch the Whitaker fight. I mean if Whitaker stuck to his jab further on I think he could of kept him off him.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Jan 2 2013, 08:42 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 2 2013, 08:19 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Thank goodness...the bullshit catchweights need to stop anyway. See what happens when Manny gets knocked out?...people get out of lala land and do what real fighters do.

I'm happy that Rosado is willing to take that step and do things by the book. I like Rosado and dude is just skilled and quick enough to get to Golovkin...the kicker is, what is he gonna do when Golovkin starts to land his shots?

Will his defense be up to par? Possibly. Is his punch resistance good enough? History has shown us that he can't take a big punch. I'm pumped up for this tripleheader. I'm glad that Saildo/Garcia isn't getting that much attention...those are the fights that usually sway the naysayers. Keep it that way!

I think Golovkin will cut off the ring and use great body work, like he did against Proska. Gabriel better use his feet and fight a Carlos Molina-type fight. I would like to see how Golovkin fights when his movement and balance is interrupted.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 2 2013, 08:23 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 2 2013, 09:19 PM) *
Thank goodness...the bullshit catchweights need to stop anyway. See what happens when Manny gets knocked out?...people get out of lala land and do what real fighters do.

I'm happy that Rosado is willing to take that step and do things by the book. I like Rosado and dude is just skilled and quick enough to get to Golovkin...the kicker is, what is he gonna do when Golovkin starts to land his shots?

Will his defense be up to par? Possibly. Is his punch resistance good enough? History has shown us that he can't take a big punch. I'm pumped up for this tripleheader. I'm glad that Saildo/Garcia isn't getting that much attention...those are the fights that usually sway the naysayers. Keep it that way!

I think Golovkin will cut off the ring and use great body work, like he did against Proska. Gabriel better use his feet and fight a Carlos Molina-type fight. I would like to see how Golovkin fights when his movement and balance is interrupted.

i totally forgot that garcia/salido is the main event!!! that has fight of the year written all over it!!! that is the kind of fight we as fans should promote to non-boxing or fair weather fans. it's the sort of bout that will create the next generation of fans because it's almost guaranteed to produce fireworks! this card is going to be great!!! what a way to kick off the year!!!

+Quote Post
flazi
post Jan 3 2013, 03:03 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

classy move. i like this kid even more now but still my pick hasn't changed. unless he catches ggg with something vicious he loses.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 3 2013, 07:39 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 2 2013, 09:17 PM) *
thats exactly how it should be done, there both going about there business in a respectful manor (not that am against decent trash talking), I can't wait for this fight

edit:

As much as I like this guy, I can really see GG outboxing him more and more everytime i watch the Whitaker fight. I mean if Whitaker stuck to his jab further on I think he could of kept him off him.

totally agree.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 7 2013, 07:52 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

possible game changer: golovkin has 2 sparring partners that are philly natives. i don't like this bit of information.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 7 2013, 08:43 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 7 2013, 07:52 PM) *
possible game changer: golovkin has 2 sparring partners that are philly natives. i don't like this bit of information.

Same here...reminds me of bald tires on a rainy day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 7 2013, 08:51 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 7 2013, 08:43 PM) *
Same here...reminds me of bald tires on a rainy day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

bald tires period! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i just put some new tires on my hooptie...what a difference that makes! feel like i'm driving a porsche now!

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 8 2013, 12:33 AM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

While Im happy for his stance, I think this is a huge opportunity passed up. That said if this SOB pulls this off, he may become a new favorite fighter to watch lol. Well maybe not that serious but I will pay a lot more attn to him.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:48 PM