IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alverez, Reply in New Pin Up Thread and Vote in Poll!
neophyte7
post Apr 21 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #21

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

I picked Trout to stop Canelo based on his performance with Cotto and must say-- Canelo surprised me against trout relative to his head movement, albeit he is not busy enough and seems to tire periodically in rounds... He is good yet it is interesting that he was credited with a solid performance despite his constant retreat mode from TROUT who definitely lacks power people gave him big time credit even running for most of the 12th round in a close fight (those scores were pathetic) If mayweather performed like Canelo did people would have called him A TRACK STAR...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 22 2013, 01:06 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Amandla @ Apr 21 2013, 02:19 PM) *
I know this thread says Mayweather vs Alvarez but the weight difference immediately makes me think of another living legend called Sergio Martinez.

THATS the fight that needs to be made. Canelo vs Martinez. The winner of this can call out Floyd.

And they can come down to 154 for the fight.

I completely agree here with the canelo martinez fight! The one good thing that came out of last night was that we saw canelos not too small for martinez and maybe some other middleweights if he can't find an appropriate dance partner.

Canelo came in at 172?? Mayweather doesn't even walk around at that weight. I think martinez only rehydrated to about 178 against chavez? But I'm sorry if martinez is anywhere near his chavez fight shape he could seriously hurt this kid. But I mean there is plenty of build up to this fight if it gets made. He could "avenge Mexico" or something. Talk about how he beat cintron and martinez didn't (even tho that fight was blastphemy). I would pay to see serg derail another "great Mexican hope"... It will be a sad day for me when the last of the real aztec warriors retires (marquez)

This post has been edited by checkleft: Apr 22 2013, 01:07 AM

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Apr 22 2013, 01:25 AM
Post #23

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

A Mayweather-Alvarez fight would be an Event, but in reality, the fight Mayweather should be fighting after he beats The Ghost is Bradley at 147. It's just to bad the promotional companies will not work with each other on that one. After looking through the rankings I'm curious to see who Mayweather selects next for his September fight. It's hard to believe it would be Alvarez at this point, but have to admit that is a fight to get excited about. Obviously it wont be Bradley or Pacman( As long as they are with Arum). Mayweather already destroyed and embarrassed Marquez. Maybe a Garcia or Alexander if they win there next fights? You could make a case for Alexander if they allow it to be Unification at 147. Its hard to knock any unification's that take place(Mayweather has been Lineal, but never Unified). Garcia moving up to 147 IF he beats Judah would be OK, but hard to see that happening also. The Khan fight has lost too much buzz with his defeats and he got a lot of work to do. I don't expect Mayweather to go to Middleweight and fight Martinez. That would be stretching it. I may be in the minority, but if Spadafora could beat a legit opponent I wouldnt mind seeing him in there with Floyd. I'm not big on a Maidana fight either. He's Not gonna fight Broner at this point or ever so who the heck is it gonna be?

This post has been edited by xxxxxx: Apr 22 2013, 01:41 AM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 22 2013, 01:52 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i didn't see anything from canelo that would suggest he can beat floyd. i won't entertain the thought of that fight until floyd beats guerrero.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 22 2013, 03:04 PM
Post #25

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Floyd has the stamina to beat canelo.. Canelo has stamina issues in mym view because he is fighting out of his class he is a 160 or 168 pound fighter. He cannot get away with the rehydration tactic too long before it physically catches up to him...

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Apr 22 2013, 03:05 PM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 23 2013, 01:14 AM
Post #26

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 22 2013, 03:04 PM) *
Floyd has the stamina to beat canelo.. Canelo has stamina issues in my
m view because he is fighting out of his class he is a 160 or 168 pound fighter. He cannot get away with the rehydration tactic too long before it physically catches up to him...

Yea sometime in 2014 he should be moving up in weight.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 23 2013, 06:14 AM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 22 2013, 11:52 AM) *
i didn't see anything from canelo that would suggest he can beat floyd. i won't entertain the thought of that fight until floyd beats guerrero.

Clearly you did not see that slick head movement that Saul displayed in the middle of the ring. And his accuracy was amazing! Plus he fought a guy within his weigh class and knocked him down. Yes Trout out pointed him and showed ring generalship throughout the fight but that Saul guy, he is the next Reddick Bowe of boxing! Mark my words!

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 23 2013, 08:43 AM
Post #28

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 23 2013, 03:14 AM) *
Clearly you did not see that slick head movement that Saul displayed in the middle of the ring. And his accuracy was amazing! Plus he fought a guy within his weigh class and knocked him down. Yes Trout out pointed him and showed ring generalship throughout the fight but that Saul guy, he is the next Reddick Bowe of boxing! Mark my words!

30% connect percentage is amazing to you? And Canelo was dying after six rounds. He dropped Trout in the first 15 seconds of round 7 than got outboxed for the other 2 min and 45 seconds of that round. You guys are setting the bar a little low with Canelo arent you? And 431 total punches aint getting it done against Floyd. Thats give or take 40 punches per round for a 22 yr old with 40+ fights. Floyd jumping out of a casket walks through this kid.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 23 2013, 09:38 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 23 2013, 09:43 AM) *
30% connect percentage is amazing to you? And Canelo was dying after six rounds. He dropped Trout in the first 15 seconds of round 7 than got outboxed for the other 2 min and 45 seconds of that round. You guys are setting the bar a little low with Canelo arent you? And 431 total punches aint getting it done against Floyd. Thats give or take 40 punches per round for a 22 yr old with 40+ fights. Floyd jumping out of a casket walks through this kid.

Me thinks he was being sarcastic

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 23 2013, 11:49 AM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 23 2013, 07:38 AM) *
Me thinks he was being sarcastic

I think the Reddick Bowe comment should of given him a hint. +1

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 11:38 AM