> Where does Provodnikov go next?
mgrover
post Mar 18 2013, 04:02 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 18 2013, 08:42 PM) *
No argument there, Mg. It's nothing personal against Ruslan. I just don't like this pilosophy, that's all. Let Provod prove himself...to me, one fight isn't enough.

fair enough, but the way he's going, gotta strike while the irons hot, thats why he was offered the Mike vs Rios fight rather than Bradley. If he wins he'll become a new star, probably bigger than Bradley. If he loses he was in barn burner. While Bradley may of gained respect for his win that night, people are already talking about his retirement which is a bit weird but whatever. If Bradley beats Rios, it's bad for Arum and if he loses to Rios, well we know he won't, but he'll most likely get robbed on the cards.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 18 2013, 04:31 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 18 2013, 05:02 PM) *
fair enough, but the way he's going, gotta strike while the irons hot, thats why he was offered the Mike vs Rios fight rather than Bradley. If he wins he'll become a new star, probably bigger than Bradley. If he loses he was in barn burner. While Bradley may of gained respect for his win that night, people are already talking about his retirement which is a bit weird but whatever. If Bradley beats Rios, it's bad for Arum and if he loses to Rios, well we know he won't, but he'll most likely get robbed on the cards.

Agreed. You know, this is how the system works...me not agreeing with it hardly changes anything (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I am not sure about Bradley beating Rios, hes got all the tools but he gets hurt a lot...which is weird because I think hes got a good chin. Anyways...don't get me wrong really, it was an impressive coming out performance from Ruslan...but I want to see him establishing himself in the division and also establishing his name in general. One or two more fights just to see that the "styles make fights" was not the only thing in effect during his fight vs Bradley and I'm ok with him getting lil' sumtin' sumtin'.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 18 2013, 05:23 PM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Provodnikov will be yet another brawler who'll be the gate keeper to title fights probably. I see him as being no different then say a Selcuk Aydin type guy. Maybe even a Jan Zaveck. He'll give a potential star fighter a serious scare but even if he wins a close decision, he'll never get the victory on the score cards. I admire his heart and punching power but I don't him as anything more than a resume' builder.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 18 2013, 06:14 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 18 2013, 08:10 AM) *
The guy lost on points, but beat the living shit out of Bradley. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see Bradley for a while. Where does Provodnikov go from here? He just became the new Antonio Margarito. No one will want to tuch this guy at WW or 140. Not everyone has the workrate ability that Bradley does. That won Bradley the fight because he was able to pull a Joe Calzaghe.

The top names at WW don't have Joe Calzaghe in them. They will avoid Provodnikov like the plague. His power and relentlessness will keep him from getting fights.

and like margarito walked through that shit storm (first 7 rounds) from cotto to get that win....ruslan walked through a shit storm for 12 to get a loss. he may have not shown it during the fight...but he's been softened up. like margarito...it'll show in the next few fights. hopefully he takes a long vacation before he gets back in the ring. if his ppl care about him, they'll match him with a soft touch next time around.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 18 2013, 06:16 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 18 2013, 11:57 AM) *
I hope he doesn't go anywhere near big or even mediocre paydays. I am tired of these one fight out of nowhere money catapults.

are they taxing the kids college funds? breaking your bank? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

he's earned whatever he's got coming after that one.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 18 2013, 06:17 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 18 2013, 01:59 PM) *
The winner of that one will likely be beat up too. That fight might happen next year. All of these guys will need to recuperate. It will be a barn burner should it happen...

rios/alvarado/prodnikov....they'll all end up punchy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 18 2013, 07:14 PM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 18 2013, 07:17 PM) *
rios/alvarado/prodnikov....they'll all end up punchy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

They won't be able to digest solids by the time they're 40.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 18 2013, 07:29 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 18 2013, 09:31 PM) *
Agreed. You know, this is how the system works...me not agreeing with it hardly changes anything (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I am not sure about Bradley beating Rios, hes got all the tools but he gets hurt a lot...which is weird because I think hes got a good chin. Anyways...don't get me wrong really, it was an impressive coming out performance from Ruslan...but I want to see him establishing himself in the division and also establishing his name in general. One or two more fights just to see that the "styles make fights" was not the only thing in effect during his fight vs Bradley and I'm ok with him getting lil' sumtin' sumtin'.

At 147 I think Bradley wins, I mean how far can Rioses power really carry up? He beat Alvarado by accumulation and Alvarado gassing more than anything.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Mar 18 2013, 07:32 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 18 2013, 07:14 PM) *
and like margarito walked through that shit storm (first 7 rounds) from cotto to get that win....ruslan walked through a shit storm for 12 to get a loss. he may have not shown it during the fight...but he's been softened up. like margarito...it'll show in the next few fights. hopefully he takes a long vacation before he gets back in the ring. if his ppl care about him, they'll match him with a soft touch next time around.

I think he's a bit different than Margarito. His neck, head and torso are big. he's top heavy and may be able to sustain a bit more than Margarito. Genetics may be in his favor. We'll see. I hope he, too stays away for a while. I thought he acted like a tough guy at the end, but was hurt much more than he let on.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 18 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

he reminds me of this guy

(IMG:http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/753/533/sloth_goonies_display_image.jpg)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 11:06 PM