Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hatton Vs. Cotto 140
King Eugene
post Oct 7 2010, 03:14 AM
Post #1

Proud American

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

I guess you can consider this as a classic fight when both where undefeated and at 140. This could have been billed as the fight of the body snatchers. Cotto didn't have the sturdiest of chins at 140 but Hatton was a body hunter. This could have been an interesting fight. I think the ref plays a major role in this fight. Does he let Hatton maul and fight inside(you know Cotto doesn't like tying up and clinching) or does he keep it clean and Cotto outboxes him from the outside?

What do you guys think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Oct 7 2010, 09:09 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

I dont think Cotto would have handled Hatton at 140, mainly cos Cotto was clearly pretty tight at the weight and was always working his way to 147. Look at the war Polly gave him at 140, I think Hatton would have ground him out of there, Maybe late stoppage, maybe narrow UD, but whatever way, it would have been an ugly but entertaining war

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Oct 7 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #3

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 7 2010, 10:09 AM) *
I dont think Cotto would have handled Hatton at 140, mainly cos Cotto was clearly pretty tight at the weight and was always working his way to 147. Look at the war Polly gave him at 140, I think Hatton would have ground him out of there, Maybe late stoppage, maybe narrow UD, but whatever way, it would have been an ugly but entertaining war

Paulie showed heart but that was hardly a war by any stretch of the imagination. That said one can't really make that strong of a case for Cotto at that weight.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Oct 7 2010, 01:40 PM
Post #4

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

Cotto's struggles with the weight, coupled with Hatton's ability to hammer the body, would probably bring about the downfall of Miguel. A fight that should have happened.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Oct 8 2010, 05:45 AM
Post #5

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 7 2010, 02:40 PM) *
Cotto's struggles with the weight, coupled with Hatton's ability to hammer the body, would probably bring about the downfall of Miguel. A fight that should have happened.

So you think it was smart they kept Cotto away from Hatton for Cotto's sake? Was the fight every discussed or brought up?

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Oct 8 2010, 08:12 AM
Post #6

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 8 2010, 06:45 AM) *
So you think it was smart they kept Cotto away from Hatton for Cotto's sake? Was the fight every discussed or brought up?

To be honest I can't remember if it was ever discussed, or close to being made or anything really. My thoughts at the time were that Cotto would be too good for Hatton but I know more now about his struggles to make the weight than I did back then, hence why I've said Hatton would take it. I'm not confident in that pick though, it's just the way I feel now. Hatton ain't as bad as some people seem to think. Yeah, he was never any good above 140, but at his best, at 140, he was a bloody good fighter.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Oct 8 2010, 09:36 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

This is a decent fight. Miguel's inability to get himself into wars plays into Ricky's hands. Hatton by late round stoppage.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Oct 9 2010, 11:53 AM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

I think the pace coupled with Cotto's hard time making the weight could work out really well for Hatton, when Cotto gets tired in the late rounds and is just going from corner to corner fighting on fumes I think Hatton could get a stoppage.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Oct 9 2010, 12:54 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

Cotto is a better fighter, but at 140 the weight could affect him there.

At 147 Cotto brutalizes him.

+Quote Post
Hittman25
post Oct 31 2010, 11:52 AM
Post #10

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,662

cotto woulda whooped that ass with jabs and movement and hatton would have gotten a taste of his own medicine....the body punching.......hatto only fought kostazu at 140 ur a fool if u think cotto woulda have fell prey to hatton come forward no head movement grabbing and inside fighting....cotto dnt grab tko 10 it would have been a good fight to watch

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:08 PM