Reply to this topicStart new topic
> May 4th Undercard possibility, Guerrero is talking sh*t! Nice
checkleft
post Feb 26 2013, 10:27 PM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I actually agree with this. History has shown that nothing good comes out of being in line for a Canelo shot, so its a good idea to keep his mouth closed until after the guerrero fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 26 2013, 10:27 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2013, 08:26 PM) *
What did I tell you guys??? WHAT did I tell you guys? Floyd aint gonna commit to anything until after May 4th. No fighter in their right mind should have another opponent set in stone, before he beats the guy in front of him.

Canelo fighting Trout just seemed a bit too good to be true. Regardless of what they say about Canelo being willing to fight Trout if a Floyd fight was signed for September, even GBP knows that Trout is an obstacle.

Again, I see Canelo fighting Angulo or Molina, then fighting Cotto in the fall. I see Floyd fighting Guerrero in May, then the winner of Brook/Alexander...which WILL BE Brook.

You were right Shels, I can't deny that. If this plays out the way it's looking I can't deny that. Floyd will probably fight again in Dec if he comes out victorious May 4th. That Cotto-Canelo fight is looking more and more likely to me now

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 26 2013, 10:28 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 26 2013, 09:27 PM) *
I actually agree with this. History has shown that nothing good comes out of being in line for a Canelo shot, so its a good idea to keep his mouth closed until after the guerrero fight.

Hahaha Check you aint never lied. I don't want that Canelo curse on me if I was a boxer. Nothing good comes from pre-agreeing to fight him

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 10:27 PM) *
You were right Shels, I can't deny that. If this plays out the way it's looking I can't deny that. Floyd will probably fight again in Dec if he comes out victorious May 4th. That Cotto-Canelo fight is looking more and more likely to me now

Thanks, I just hope that this kids fights an able-body real soon.

I found it funny how GBP didn't completely write Cotto off after the Trout loss...they almost made it seem as if they still had him in mind, regardless of the loss. Cotto mentioned last week, that he was keeping his eye on the May 4th card, and he could possibly fight again in the fall. Hmmm...

Think about it, Cotto really didn't have any say-so on who he wanted to fight next, especially after the Trout loss...he lost all rights to speak up on picking the top guy. NOW, he has to wait and see what happens on May 4th...hoping that someone will perform well and call him out. I'm sure he'd still get the bigger split of the money because of his popularity, but he did mess up his chance to call the shots.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 27 2013, 06:12 PM
Post #35

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 10:28 PM) *
Hahaha Check you aint never lied. I don't want that Canelo curse on me if I was a boxer. Nothing good comes from pre-agreeing to fight him

Crazy how Canelo is trying to call the shots. He first did it with Cotto and now he's trying to do it on Floyd too? Here I am thinking Guerrero is bad. This kid has people lining up to fight him and then he expects the top P4P fighter to do the same. All that hype is getting to his head. He needs to be humble and remember the person who made him famous on his undercard.

He has done NOTHING impressive, contributive, or admirable for boxing and he's calling the shots? Oh hell no..
And I'm 110% certain that himself and Floyd will meet down the road. That fight has Money and legendary written all over it. All he/Floyd have to do is keep racking up victories. He doesn't seem to understand that his only american fanbase is in the Mexican household. Fighting on a Mayweather undercard and taking a pay cut would be of greater benefit to him than fighting as a headliner with a bigger purse (Especially since Floyd already gave a clue that his PPV fight would be aired on CBS a week after fightnight). Commentators could begin hyping up the fight to casual fans. He would have an opportunity to perform on a greater platform (I hope in a spectacular fashion because that would make the dream fight that much more tantalizing). I'd say a good 2-3 fights more on Mayweather undercards and he'd be a star throughout different cultural bg's in America. Especially if he fights Cotto and Trout. And the older Floyd gets the more interesting, winnable, lucrative, and legacy defining that fight would be. This kid is rushing like he's 30 ready to leave the game. He's still young.

As for his oppomemet this kid needs to step it up if he's calling the shots. It costs to be the boss. It's obvious Canelo can't afford to pay the price with his resume. He signs on that dotted line against Trout and we'll see if he can call those shots. I think it would be wiser for him to fight Miguel Cotto first that way people would begin comparing these two fighters and advocating for that fight even more while Trout fights another JMW (molina, angulo, smith). Then the two could meet up in that squared circle. Cotto also has a ROD fanbase so Canelo-Cotto would be a success. And i Certainly know thats a fight i still want to see because i think Cotto will bring it, especially since it would be his last title shot.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 27 2013, 07:50 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2013, 12:58 PM) *
Thanks, I just hope that this kids fights an able-body real soon.

I found it funny how GBP didn't completely write Cotto off after the Trout loss...they almost made it seem as if they still had him in mind, regardless of the loss. Cotto mentioned last week, that he was keeping his eye on the May 4th card, and he could possibly fight again in the fall. Hmmm...

Think about it, Cotto really didn't have any say-so on who he wanted to fight next, especially after the Trout loss...he lost all rights to speak up on picking the top guy. NOW, he has to wait and see what happens on May 4th...hoping that someone will perform well and call him out. I'm sure he'd still get the bigger split of the money because of his popularity, but he did mess up his chance to call the shots.

I was thinking the same thing about Cotto, I'm thinking they try to make this fight in September. I'm still leery about Floyd fighting in September, I'd think he'd come back in December. It's not a given that Canelo beats Trout and after all this stuff, I;m hoping more and more by the day that trout beats him and halts his free ride

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 27 2013, 07:57 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 27 2013, 05:12 PM) *
Crazy how Canelo is trying to call the shots. He first did it with Cotto and now he's trying to do it on Floyd too? Here I am thinking Guerrero is bad. This kid has people lining up to fight him and then he expects the top P4P fighter to do the same. All that hype is getting to his head. He needs to be humble and remember the person who made him famous on his undercard.

He has done NOTHING impressive, contributive, or admirable for boxing and he's calling the shots? Oh hell no..
And I'm 110% certain that himself and Floyd will meet down the road. That fight has Money and legendary written all over it. All he/Floyd have to do is keep racking up victories. He doesn't seem to understand that his only american fanbase is in the Mexican household. Fighting on a Mayweather undercard and taking a pay cut would be of greater benefit to him than fighting as a headliner with a bigger purse (Especially since Floyd already gave a clue that his PPV fight would be aired on CBS a week after fightnight). Commentators could begin hyping up the fight to casual fans. He would have an opportunity to perform on a greater platform (I hope in a spectacular fashion because that would make the dream fight that much more tantalizing). I'd say a good 2-3 fights more on Mayweather undercards and he'd be a star throughout different cultural bg's in America. Especially if he fights Cotto and Trout. And the older Floyd gets the more interesting, winnable, lucrative, and legacy defining that fight would be. This kid is rushing like he's 30 ready to leave the game. He's still young.

As for his oppomemet this kid needs to step it up if he's calling the shots. It costs to be the boss. It's obvious Canelo can't afford to pay the price with his resume. He signs on that dotted line against Trout and we'll see if he can call those shots. I think it would be wiser for him to fight Miguel Cotto first that way people would begin comparing these two fighters and advocating for that fight even more while Trout fights another JMW (molina, angulo, smith). Then the two could meet up in that squared circle. Cotto also has a ROD fanbase so Canelo-Cotto would be a success. And i Certainly know thats a fight i still want to see because i think Cotto will bring it, especially since it would be his last title shot.

Funny thing I never knew who the f*ck Canelo was til I saw him being mentioned in the same breath as Floyd. I don't think his team is telling him that like anything in life you have to pay your dues 1st then the perks will come. He's acting as of beating Rhodes and the "other" Hatton are career defining victories. Sooner or later this kid is going to get a reality check and for his sake he better hope it's not in the ring

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 28 2013, 01:33 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 27 2013, 03:12 PM) *

+1. This kid really is acting like a spoiled brat. I hope Trout rocks this boy.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 27 2013, 04:57 PM) *
Funny thing I never knew who the f*ck Canelo was til I saw him being mentioned in the same breath as Floyd. I don't think his team is telling him that like anything in life you have to pay your dues 1st then the perks will come. He's acting as of beating Rhodes and the "other" Hatton are career defining victories. Sooner or later this kid is going to get a reality check and for his sake he better hope it's not in the ring

Saul is a fool. His advisers really dropped the ball on this one. Welp that gives Broner and someone else the main stage. Let's hope it is someone good!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 27 2013, 07:50 PM) *
I was thinking the same thing about Cotto, I'm thinking they try to make this fight in September. I'm still leery about Floyd fighting in September, I'd think he'd come back in December. It's not a given that Canelo beats Trout and after all this stuff, I;m hoping more and more by the day that trout beats him and halts his free ride

We share the same sentiments, lol. He's officially believed his own hype, and that's usually a recipe for downfall.

Believe it or not, I'm starting to get this nagging feeling that he upsets Trout, rather than the other way around. Reason is, we all want to see him lose, and loss hardly ever materializes for that reason alone. Lol

Truthfully, I have no problem with Canelo or GBP...until both of their names are in the same sentence, which usually spells "fuckery".

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 28 2013, 07:04 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 28 2013, 12:33 PM) *
Saul is a fool. His advisers really dropped the ball on this one. Welp that gives Broner and someone else the main stage. Let's hope it is someone good!

I'm hoping Broner does get that spot, this might be a blessing in disguise for some fighter. I wouldn't mind seeing the Mares-De Leon fight on the undercard either

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 03:39 AM