IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do You Think Floyd Mayweather Will Retire Undefeated?
Do You Think Floyd Mayweather Will Retire Undefeated?
Fighting all 6 fights against Top Level Competition.
Yes, he'll retire undefeated [ 7 ] ** [63.64%]
No, he'll retire defeated [ 4 ] ** [36.36%]
Total Votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
Gambit808
post Mar 20 2013, 11:28 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Wusup FHC! Now that we know about Mayweather's 6 fight deal with Showtime in 33 months, if he owns up to it, do you see him retiring undefeated based on the (realistic) talent around the Welterweight/Super-Welterweight divisions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 21 2013, 01:47 AM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Yup, realistically who around his weight class can beat him??? Canelo is an obvious choice but he gets hit too cleanly, look at how a natural junor welter fighter like Josesito backed him up in spots in their fight. The guy he's fighting May 4th in Guerrero, I don't think he has the tools to win the fight. He just doesn't look impressive to me at WW and I think he's being over rated a bit by his new legion of nut huggers.

I said last year that if Cotto didn't beat him then no one would and I'm sticking to that. His biggest challenge and the person who I would say has the absolute best chance of putting that L on Floyd's record is Sergio Martinez but I don't know if those two will ever lace up and fight each other

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 21 2013, 04:58 AM
Post #3

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

Yep...my man will retire undefeated. BUT I think he will get knocked down somewhere along the way - which will haters love. I can already see "Yeah, yeah...he was undefeated but remember that one time he got KD?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I don't think that Sergio Martinez, while possessing tremendous ability represents a big threat to Floyd though. His at times sloppy footwork and being out of balance and getting put on his ass as the result is something Money will take advantage of easily imo.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Mar 21 2013, 05:46 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

If he completes all 6 fights, no he want retire undefeated. I think Floyd will gauge himself after every fight and retire before losing which is a smart move. Honestly money will be the major issue, if he manages his money he can retire at any point. If not he will fall in line with everyone else's who have fought past their best days.

Let me go off subject for a sec..

I always here Floyd and his team talk about leaving the game with all your falcuties in tact, but it only takes one fight to be ruined in the sport. So the longer Floyd hangs around- the greater the risk of him becoming one of those statistics

+Quote Post
Plah
post Mar 21 2013, 08:34 AM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

I believe this exact same thread was created some months ago. Can't wait for Cshel's response lol.

Btw, I voted yes because the ones who I think can beat him are Martínez and Trout and I don't think he'll ever fight them. (Them being too big for him, etc).

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 21 2013, 08:36 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

Yes, his ring IQ will keep him that way, he is just that guy (the MJ) of this era.

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Mar 21 2013, 09:06 AM
Post #7

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,480

I'm a fan but if he fights 6 opponents that are considered Top Level Comp I'm not so sure. He's getting no younger. Too many variables involved on this one for me. I hope he does go undefeated though.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 21 2013, 11:33 AM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think he'll get beat only because he's going to feed into the temptation of fighting a natural 154 lber.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 21 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #9

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 21 2013, 06:46 AM) *
If he completes all 6 fights, no he want retire undefeated. I think Floyd will gauge himself after every fight and retire before losing which is a smart move. Honestly money will be the major issue, if he manages his money he can retire at any point. If not he will fall in line with everyone else's who have fought past their best days.

Let me go off subject for a sec..

I always here Floyd and his team talk about leaving the game with all your falcuties in tact, but it only takes one fight to be ruined in the sport. So the longer Floyd hangs around- the greater the risk of him becoming one of those statistics

what you said makes sense and also makes what Bernard Hopkins does at his age so remarkable----PBF trains like he does and has perfected defense a la BERNARD HOPKINS... the risk of him becoming a statistic is very small considering that he is 36 still sharp and is still very hard to hit in succession.. even when standing in the pocket.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Mar 21 2013, 05:14 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Plah @ Mar 21 2013, 09:34 AM) *
I believe this exact same thread was created some months ago. Can't wait for Cshel's response lol.

Btw, I voted yes because the ones who I think can beat him are Martínez and Trout and I don't think he'll ever fight them. (Them being too big for him, etc).

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif) I can't wait

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:17 AM