IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "There's talented fighters and then there's gifted fighters", This is NOT a P4P list!
klonopinz
post Nov 14 2013, 10:27 PM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,879

i do recall ward saying something the lines of he has only 5 or 6 years left in the sport until he retires, and that he is not bernard hopkins. so hes 29, he is in his prime, and he plans on having a good rn for the next few years, but compared to broner and canelo, hes got much less time. i believe hes in the same boat as rigo and ggg, theyre looking for big fights for the next 5 years and they are out. these guys are medium rare right now, they have "cooked" broner and canelo were just taken out of the package and put onto the grill.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 15 2013, 01:11 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Nov 14 2013, 10:27 PM) *
i do recall ward saying something the lines of he has only 5 or 6 years left in the sport until he retires, and that he is not bernard hopkins. so hes 29, he is in his prime, and he plans on having a good rn for the next few years, but compared to broner and canelo, hes got much less time. i believe hes in the same boat as rigo and ggg, theyre looking for big fights for the next 5 years and they are out. these guys are medium rare right now, they have "cooked" broner and canelo were just taken out of the package and put onto the grill.

Canelo ain't even on the grill yet. Him and Ward shouldn't even be in the same paragraph, Andre is looking for big money fights. That's it. And you got to figure with his current resume and the fights on the horizon like Chavez Jr, GGG, Stevenson, Kovalev and who knows who comes thru the ranks in that time. Dude is already great. All he had to do is keep cementing his legacy. Canelo is not what you people make him out to be. How you gon be great with stamina issues and mediocre defense? He getting tagged at ease by natural 140lbers and that's including Floyd. I'm trying to see what people see in Canelo besides his marketability. He's talented but I never saw greatness in his future....Rigo, Ward, and GGG are all better fighters then Alvarez. When he fights real fighters in his weight class like Lara and others and them moves up and fights real 160lbers then we can get a fair reading on him. Many outside of Texas think he lost to Trout lol. Watch how many losses pile up for Canelo when he fights a Lara or a Molina.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 15 2013, 06:38 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 15 2013, 02:11 PM) *
Canelo ain't even on the grill yet. Him and Ward shouldn't even be in the same paragraph, Andre is looking for big money fights. That's it. And you got to figure with his current resume and the fights on the horizon like Chavez Jr, GGG, Stevenson, Kovalev and who knows who comes thru the ranks in that time. Dude is already great. All he had to do is keep cementing his legacy. Canelo is not what you people make him out to be. How you gon be great with stamina issues and mediocre defense? He getting tagged at ease by natural 140lbers and that's including Floyd. I'm trying to see what people see in Canelo besides his marketability. He's talented but I never saw greatness in his future....Rigo, Ward, and GGG are all better fighters then Alvarez. When he fights real fighters in his weight class like Lara and others and them moves up and fights real 160lbers then we can get a fair reading on him. Many outside of Texas think he lost to Trout lol. Watch how many losses pile up for Canelo when he fights a Lara or a Molina.

I agree for the most part. But I think he can beat molina, not outbox him, but I think he has the goods to hurt him bad. But I think Lara stops him, no way he can handle laras accuracy and speed.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 15 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 15 2013, 06:38 PM) *
I agree for the most part. But I think he can beat molina, not outbox him, but I think he has the goods to hurt him bad. But I think Lara stops him, no way he can handle laras accuracy and speed.

I just can't give Canelo too much props. I like him, not as sold on him as others but I just want to see him face some stiff competition. Everybody he's fought with the exception of Trout and Mayweather Jr, he was supposed to beat. He faced adversity in both his fights this year and look shaky in one and failed in the other. I'm not sold on him beating Molina, Carlos is no slouch and his resume is superior to Alvarez

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Nov 16 2013, 06:06 PM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

canelo would KO molina. are you kiding me? molina is a slow bum. so he got schooled by one of the greatest fighters of all time, hes 22. hes got a lot to learn, and hes got a long jurney ahead, but i promise you once he cooks he will be a sight to see.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 16 2013, 06:20 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Nov 16 2013, 06:06 PM) *
canelo would KO molina. are you kiding me? molina is a slow bum. so he got schooled by one of the greatest fighters of all time, hes 22. hes got a lot to learn, and hes got a long jurney ahead, but i promise you once he cooks he will be a sight to see.

Molina will give him problems, Canelo will always have issues with fighters who can actually box, Lara will counter Canelo so bad he'd wonder why he started boxing in the first place. And he wouldn't have got schooled by Floyd if he hadn't of got that gift decision in Texas. I too believe he will get better but he's not going to be the leader of the new gen of fighters. He will cook, no doubt but he won't sizzle, elite fighters don't get fatigued in 3rds. I'm still waiting to hear what attributes that he has that puts him on the path to greatness. He will eventually have to move up to middleweight, that's going to be interesting to see how he fairs there.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 16 2013, 11:26 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Let dat boy Canelo cook

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 17 2013, 12:54 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Nov 16 2013, 07:06 PM) *

Man don't go throwing the B word around, molina is far from a bum. I agree with you on thinking canelo can beat him but if molina was such a bum canelo would have fought him a long time ago and added him to the long list of bums he already has fought.

Can't be disrespecting good fighters like that and consider yourself a "fan" of the sport bro.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 17 2013, 02:13 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 16 2013, 11:26 PM) *
Let dat boy Canelo cook

He been cooking with Broner. Cant you tell by the wright gains (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 20 2013, 09:17 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 17 2013, 02:13 PM) *
He been cooking with Broner. Cant you tell by the wright gains (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Certainly!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 10:40 AM