IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Provodnikov vs. Algieri-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
mrchitown
post Jun 17 2014, 08:30 PM
Post #131

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 17 2014, 09:48 AM) *
The nuthugging was awful, but not as bad as the Cotto/Martinez fight. It seems like everybody was trying to jump on Algeri's stick, once they saw that Rusland couldn't get him outta there. Man I tell ya, lateral movement and basic fundamentals are a nightmare for these big punchers out here. Lol

The Cotto fight was bad but I expected that. IMO it was a close fight and it could've went either way. Lampley was going so hard for Ruslan that it was quite comical at times. Here is a guy whose supposed to be elite and he's getting pasted with nothing jabs all night and can't even do shit to finish the guy with 1 eye. Provodnikov had Chris on the ropes numerous times and he couldn't pull the trigger, he had opportunities to put a stamp on the fight but he didn't.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 18 2014, 11:42 AM
Post #132

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jun 17 2014, 07:48 PM) *
just like ward gets amnesia about 175

1. Just like Sergio did with 160, when they offered him a Kirkland fight. He wanted Kirkland to move up, BUT he (Sergio) suddenly was a Jr. Middleweight when he blabbing about a Mayweather or Pac fight

2. Just like Provodnikov didn't wanna move up to WW to fight Rios, who can no longer make 140, but he's willing to move up to fight Bradley (again), Marquez, Pac, etc.

3. Just like Hopkins claims that he'll come down to fight Floyd, but wont consider fighting Ward at 168.

4. Just like Oscar denied Floyd a fight at WW, but moved down and fought Pac at WW.

Point is, most fight have done it...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 18 2014, 11:46 AM
Post #133

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 17 2014, 09:30 PM) *
The Cotto fight was bad but I expected that. IMO it was a close fight and it could've went either way. Lampley was going so hard for Ruslan that it was quite comical at times. Here is a guy whose supposed to be elite and he's getting pasted with nothing jabs all night and can't even do shit to finish the guy with 1 eye. Provodnikov had Chris on the ropes numerous times and he couldn't pull the trigger, he had opportunities to put a stamp on the fight but he didn't.

Last time I checked, when you have a guy in there with one eye...it's supposed to be Christmas from that point on. It's not even like Ruslan lost in that bad of a fashion, but the word "exposed" just scrolls through my head.

Honestly, what he did last Saturday, was nothing different from what he did in the Bradley fight....hurt the guy on numerous occasions, gets boxed to death by a guy with little to no power, and leaves the fight in the judges's hands...typical Ruslan.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jun 18 2014, 01:17 PM
Post #134

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 18 2014, 09:46 AM) *
Last time I checked, when you have a guy in there with one eye...it's supposed to be Christmas from that point on. It's not even like Ruslan lost in that bad of a fashion, but the word "exposed" just scrolls through my head.

Honestly, what he did last Saturday, was nothing different from what he did in the Bradley fight....hurt the guy on numerous occasions, gets boxed to death by a guy with little to no power, and leaves the fight in the judges's hands...typical Ruslan.

Thread

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 18 2014, 04:56 PM
Post #135

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 18 2014, 11:46 AM) *

I want to see who they match him up with next. And I also know that TR isn't his main promoter, they just have/had options on him. At some point he's going to have to get out of his comfort zone and prove to the public that he can actually beat a boxer. I'd give him a shot against any brawler like a Brandon Rios but he needs to improve his head movement, he needs a better jab, and he couldn't even cut the ring off...one of the good things about it is Roach has been quiet lately. He had so much to say about everybody leading up to the fight but when one of his fighters loses he goes into hibernation mode until he thinks the public has forgotten about it

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 20 2014, 06:02 PM
Post #136

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I like Chris and Ruslan and shit happens like this in boxing. I saw Chris fight on ESPN and he looked like a good boxer. Nice jab and movement. Ruslan hurt him and it was obvious, do I think Ruslan won? Yes. But did he finish the job? No. I am actually kind of happy Chris won because he shut Freddie Roach up and anytime that can happen, I am all for it. Should there be a rematch? Sure, but against Bradley first and then Chris. Chris is in a great position. Imagine Chris vs. Danny! Great fight. I would love to see that.

People argue in this fight Ruslan lost because he wasn't active enough but did land the significance of the power punches well if that is the case: Herrera got royally screwed and Maidana should of got the W. However, different strokes for different judges. Oh and Bradley really did beat Pac the first time they fought.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 20 2014, 08:58 PM
Post #137

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 20 2014, 07:02 PM) *
I like Chris and Ruslan and shit happens like this in boxing. I saw Chris fight on ESPN and he looked like a good boxer. Nice jab and movement. Ruslan hurt him and it was obvious, do I think Ruslan won? Yes. But did he finish the job? No. I am actually kind of happy Chris won because he shut Freddie Roach up and anytime that can happen, I am all for it. Should there be a rematch? Sure, but against Bradley first and then Chris. Chris is in a great position. Imagine Chris vs. Danny! Great fight. I would love to see that.

People argue in this fight Ruslan lost because he wasn't active enough but did land the significance of the power punches well if that is the case: Herrera got royally screwed and Maidana should of got the W. However, different strokes for different judges. Oh and Bradley really did beat Pac the first time they fought.

Totally backwards here. You're acting Chris stole his soul, so he's gonna go to Bradley and get his confidence back before rematching Chris. If anything, Bradley did more physical damage to Ruslan, than mental damage, which was probably done by Algeri when he outworked him and didn't allow him to crush him.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 21 2014, 11:07 AM
Post #138

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 20 2014, 05:58 PM) *
Totally backwards here. You're acting Chris stole his soul, so he's gonna go to Bradley and get his confidence back before rematching Chris. If anything, Bradley did more physical damage to Ruslan, than mental damage, which was probably done by Algeri when he outworked him and didn't allow him to crush him.

I don't know... I think Bradley is a bigger name and Chris's win is split. With a win against Bradley can put him right back where he wants to be.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 21 2014, 01:21 PM
Post #139

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 21 2014, 12:07 PM) *
I don't know... I think Bradley is a bigger name and Chris's win is split. With a win against Bradley can put him right back where he wants to be.

You'd have to question whether Bradley even wants the rematch at this point. Beating a bigger name, doesn't necessarily mean that your loss to a lesser known (but skilled) fighter, will be erased...in most cases. Now, if Danny moves on to fight Floyd and beats him impressively, then a few conclusions can be drawn there.

Though Herrera has a different style than Floyd, most have been trying to beat Floyd, so a win over him will be impressive...but it wont truly take the edge off the fact that Danny couldn't adjust to Herrera.

So, now that Ruslan got outworked and ultimately exposed by Algeri AND lost his title, any fight that Algeri wins after this, will both make Ruslan's loss, a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing is, maybe Algeri was just that good...bad thing, maybe Ruslan just isn't as great as many gave him credit for being.

Now, if Algeri goes on and gets blitz in 2 rounds by somebody, then that'll make Ruslan look even worse, because he had Algeri in a bad spot and couldn't seal the deal. I'm just rambling, but hopefully, some of this makes sense. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 21 2014, 06:07 PM
Post #140

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 21 2014, 01:21 PM) *
You'd have to question whether Bradley even wants the rematch at this point. Beating a bigger name, doesn't necessarily mean that your loss to a lesser known (but skilled) fighter, will be erased...in most cases. Now, if Danny moves on to fight Floyd and beats him impressively, then a few conclusions can be drawn there.

Though Herrera has a different style than Floyd, most have been trying to beat Floyd, so a win over him will be impressive...but it wont truly take the edge off the fact that Danny couldn't adjust to Herrera.

So, now that Ruslan got outworked and ultimately exposed by Algeri AND lost his title, any fight that Algeri wins after this, will both make Ruslan's loss, a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing is, maybe Algeri was just that good...bad thing, maybe Ruslan just isn't as great as many gave him credit for being.

Now, if Algeri goes on and gets blitz in 2 rounds by somebody, then that'll make Ruslan look even worse, because he had Algeri in a bad spot and couldn't seal the deal. I'm just rambling, but hopefully, some of this makes sense. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Bradley said last week he's not really interested in a rematch with Provo right now becaus ehe jsut lost. He said it took some of the luster off a potential rematch. My guess is that TB is holding out to see if he can get that Cotto fight in December

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 05:42 PM