Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whats up with your boxing guys
BigG
post Dec 1 2009, 07:01 AM
Post #11

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Johnny what happened was when I was I tried to box him from the outside but I just got the sense right away that I couldnt hurt him and my shots had no inpact and he was picking them all off and I really couldnt move properly I'm an in and out type fighter and I couldn't get out of trouble at all so I let him back me up against the ropes I felt like I was Toney and he was Jirov lol. Anyway, I know I'll learn from this loss bro I came out of the fight really disappointed because of my prepartion and performance I know I could've done better if I trained harder and lost some weight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 19 2009, 04:56 AM
Post #12

Choppin Headz Boi!

QUOTE (PR316 @ Nov 24 2009, 04:59 AM) *
I figured I could ask you both this question then.

What are some exercises or routines I can do to improve my footwork??...

I think my form and execution on punches has gotten alot better but the balance and smooth movement with the feet is not quite there yet. What do you guys recommend?

Someones footwork you should watch closely is Miguel Cotto. He does every very well.

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post Dec 19 2009, 06:59 AM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,468

QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 1 2009, 08:01 AM) *
Johnny what happened was when I was I tried to box him from the outside but I just got the sense right away that I couldnt hurt him and my shots had no inpact and he was picking them all off and I really couldnt move properly I'm an in and out type fighter and I couldn't get out of trouble at all so I let him back me up against the ropes I felt like I was Toney and he was Jirov lol. Anyway, I know I'll learn from this loss bro I came out of the fight really disappointed because of my prepartion and performance I know I could've done better if I trained harder and lost some weight.

This is why you shouldn't come to the ring listening to nas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) ........If you would have walked out to Killa Cam the GOAT you could have stopped him in round 1. All jokes aside don't let it get to you even Floyd had some losses in the amateurs just come back stronger/faster/better.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 19 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #14

Choppin Headz Boi!

Ugh the thing is I just lost cuz I was out of shape and didn't train for this fight at all. Everyone told me I showed more skills but I just got outworked.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Dec 20 2009, 05:18 AM
Post #15

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

Just had my first spar back in 9 months and did really good..I weigh 205 and sparred a dude 220..I was landing a lot of jabs and put him down in the second round with a overhand right when he was throwing a left hook at me..Dude fell forward and landed on his face with both arms spread all the way out..hahaha..We were goin light though but it was perfectly landed and I saw the punch right when I threw it(the openeing for it)..I also stunned him in the first round pretty bad with a left uppercut and later with a right cross..

I was really technique and nothing was wild..I was surprised at how relaxed I was after the long layoff from sparring..He hit me with maybe 4 right hands and a few jabs but not much..I actually didn't even feel like I sparred afterwards besides my ear..He threw a wide right hand right on my ear and it didn't hurt but it felt like the feeling you get when your ear is cold then someone flicks or hits your ear..

+Quote Post
PR316
post Apr 29 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 19 2009, 09:56 AM) *
Someones footwork you should watch closely is Miguel Cotto. He does every very well.

Yeah he does. Always on balance and gets perfect leverage when he punches.

Of course B-Hop really comes to mind. He's really good with the turns and pivots.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jun 22 2010, 05:44 AM
Post #17

Choppin Headz Boi!

Im fighting again soon..I made some switches to my style and im lighter this time...I wanna dig into my next opponent body with a miguel cotto left hook XD

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Jun 23 2010, 02:43 AM
Post #18

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (BigG @ Jun 22 2010, 06:44 AM) *
Im fighting again soon..I made some switches to my style and im lighter this time...I wanna dig into my next opponent body with a miguel cotto left hook XD

How much are you weighing now?

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jun 23 2010, 06:29 AM
Post #19

Choppin Headz Boi!

155...I feel like this is the best weight for me.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Jun 25 2010, 01:44 AM
Post #20

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (BigG @ Jun 23 2010, 07:29 AM) *
155...I feel like this is the best weight for me.

Thats whats up. I just lost 12 pounds in 2.5 weeks. My trainer felt I should trim down and become a bit more lean so I went from 187 to a comfortable 175. I think I may drop about 5-10 more. Eh...wont hurt.

Good Luck with your upcoming fight though.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:16 AM