IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GBP and Top Rank both have 9/14 on reserve in LV, Who wins?
daprofessor
post Apr 24 2013, 03:41 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 24 2013, 01:16 PM) *
I want to say that GBP takes the cake here, but who knows? Has Arum's numbers ever been real?

arum didn't build the careers of marquez or bradley. his numbers mean nothing in this match up imo. it's just a great fight for boxing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 24 2013, 06:47 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

All depend really if Floyd actually fights on that date he said he'll move

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 24 2013, 09:53 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 23 2013, 07:24 PM) *
Bradley marquez is on ppv? That's more surprising

I'm buying. Wanted to see this one for about 2 years now.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 25 2013, 12:41 AM
Post #14

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 24 2013, 06:47 PM) *
All depend really if Floyd actually fights on that date he said he'll move

True, if Mayweather goes on that date even Duboef said they'll move Bradley-Marquez. Don't really matter who he fights, but if he goes in again on Sept 14th, it won't be a need to worry about dueling cards

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Apr 25 2013, 12:41 AM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 25 2013, 03:35 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

This could be a fairly clever move on Arums part, see they say there fighting on Floyds date which Floyd clearly won't be happy about but he knows if he fights Arum will have to move, but it could really be Arum forcing his hand into actually fighting on September. Either way Arum gets what he wants, either he gets his card and gets to say "I told you so" or Floyd fights twice a year and we see if there's any wear and tear

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 25 2013, 08:11 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 24 2013, 10:53 PM) *
I'm buying. Wanted to see this one for about 2 years now.

I stopped buying TR events a long time ago. I'll watch tho as I said it floyds next opponent is any of the guys he's been listing, cause if Floyd is in top form the only person i would want to see him against is probably Bradley that is if Bradley shows he isn't damaged goods (which I don't think he will be, the guy has balls of steel).

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 25 2013, 04:35 AM) *
This could be a fairly clever move on Arums part, see they say there fighting on Floyds date which Floyd clearly won't be happy about but he knows if he fights Arum will have to move, but it could really be Arum forcing his hand into actually fighting on September. Either way Arum gets what he wants, either he gets his card and gets to say "I told you so" or Floyd fights twice a year and we see if there's any wear and tear

I agree with you, bet money that if Floyd moves arum stacks that card and goes head to head with canelo. I mean why not? He won the last time canelo fought on the same date

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 25 2013, 09:35 AM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 01:42 PM) *
Probably not but Arum doesn't need facts especially when he has the media by the nuts and on his payroll~

Yep, for the most part. Anytime Manny's numbers were in question, Arum usually swept it under the rug by either announcing Manny's next opponent, or making up a number. I will admit, TR's last few fights have been fan-friendly, so I wont really give him a hard time if the numbers the he gives us are actually somewhat high.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 24 2013, 04:41 PM) *
arum didn't build the careers of marquez or bradley. his numbers mean nothing in this match up imo. it's just a great fight for boxing.

C'mon Professor, we ALL know that that's what it's gonna come down to when these two rival promoters are airing a PPV on the same night. Hell, they compare numbers when they compete on different networks on the same night. It even got so petty last September, that they were trying to see who sold the most tickets at the T & M Center and the MGM.

They said that the T & M Center was sold out, but that was a lie because I was there, and there were several seats left. Then they went on to say that the MGM was sold, that too was a lie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Neither side will go out quietly after Sept. 14th...inevitable.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 25 2013, 11:21 AM
Post #18

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 25 2013, 06:35 AM) *
Yep, for the most part. Anytime Manny's numbers were in question, Arum usually swept it under the rug by either announcing Manny's next opponent, or making up a number. I will admit, TR's last few fights have been fan-friendly, so I wont really give him a hard time if the numbers the he gives us are actually somewhat high.

C'mon Professor, we ALL know that that's what it's gonna come down to when these two rival promoters are airing a PPV on the same night. Hell, they compare numbers when they compete on different networks on the same night. It even got so petty last September, that they were trying to see who sold the most tickets at the T & M Center and the MGM.

They said that the T & M Center was sold out, but that was a lie because I was there, and there were several seats left. Then they went on to say that the MGM was sold, that too was a lie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Neither side will go out quietly after Sept. 14th...inevitable.

If Floyd fights Canelo, Bob is moving that date. I promise you. By the way he moved Pac's fight to November and to Macau. He is looking for that money and whoever Pac fights is a guaranteed victory. Mike or Brandon will have to kill Manny in the ring if they have a shot to win.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 25 2013, 11:57 AM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I know I'm probably in the minority but I think that Bradleu/Marquez fight is going to be awful to watch. The fact that it's going to be on PPV just makes it even worse lol. I'd sooner rewatch Mosley vs More than buy that fight on PPV.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 25 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 25 2013, 05:57 PM) *
I know I'm probably in the minority but I think that Bradleu/Marquez fight is going to be awful to watch. The fact that it's going to be on PPV just makes it even worse lol. I'd sooner rewatch Mosley vs More than buy that fight on PPV.

I've a feeling it'll be worse than Dawson/Hopkins I if that didn't end abruptly as that fight had no real business being a PPV

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 11:12 AM