Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lyoto Machida vs. Jon Jones at UFC 140
Warlord
post Oct 6 2011, 11:59 PM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

Rashad's thumb is still giving him problems, so Dana White has substituted Machida in for the title shot.

Thoughts?

I was really looking forward to Evans and Jones, as I think Evans would've been a real test. Even Jones himself has acknowledged that Evans used to take him down and hold him down at will in practice when they were both training at Greg Jackson's.

Machida will be a challenge as well, but in a different way. Machida has great timing, and may be the best counter-striker at 205. His karate base was a weakness against blitzers like Shogun, but it may serve him well against Jones, who is also a calculated striker. Machida's biggest problem will be getting past Jones's Dhalsim-like legs, which he uses as a jab to keep opponents at bay.

If Machida can get Jones's timing down, we may see his chin get tested. Jones has a shit gas-tank as well, whereas Machida has shown the ability to come on strong late in fights.

Overall I'm really hyped for this fight, and I will be cheering (hard) for Lyoto Machida for the first time in my life. If he can land another one of those Karate Kid Crane Kicks it will be fucking SWEET.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nyjyant1
post Oct 7 2011, 12:35 AM
Post #2

I'll send yall post cards from outer space...thanks Cshel...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,273

QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 7 2011, 12:59 AM) *
Rashad's thumb is still giving him problems, so Dana White has substituted Machida in for the title shot.

Thoughts?

I was really looking forward to Evans and Jones, as I think Evans would've been a real test. Even Jones himself has acknowledged that Evans used to take him down and hold him down at will in practice when they were both training at Greg Jackson's.

Machida will be a challenge as well, but in a different way. Machida has great timing, and may be the best counter-striker at 205. His karate base was a weakness against blitzers like Shogun, but it may serve him well against Jones, who is also a calculated striker. Machida's biggest problem will be getting past Jones's Dhalsim-like legs, which he uses as a jab to keep opponents at bay.

If Machida can get Jones's timing down, we may see his chin get tested. Jones has a shit gas-tank as well, whereas Machida has shown the ability to come on strong late in fights.

Overall I'm really hyped for this fight, and I will be cheering (hard) for Lyoto Machida for the first time in my life. If he can land another one of those Karate Kid Crane Kicks it will be fucking SWEET.

I dont really watch mma, but I guess jon jones is the best right now,even though ufc is like the nfl how there is always a new best,so imma go wit jones to beat evans or machida

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Oct 8 2011, 10:57 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

I think MAchida is the best bet at 205 to beating Jones. I rather see this fight than Evans vs Jones.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 02:58 PM