> May 4th Undercard possibility, Guerrero is talking sh*t! Nice
checkleft
post Feb 25 2013, 08:20 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 25 2013, 06:16 PM) *
Yo i be saying the same thing! This guy talks about being humble and humbling Floyd yet he talks so much shit himself. The fact that someone can claim to be a devout follower of Jesus christ or any God for that matter on a large platform like television/twitter where they have 100k+ followers, then use those same platforms to partake in a combat sport in which they are the victor at the cost of your fellow brethren's health/life/demise is already contradictory as to what they represent and the God they serve. You batter people for money then have the nerve to thank a God that was nailed to a cross to liberate his people? But not only does he do that he boasts and brags. They haven't even faced off yet. Guerrero is on some next. He's doing more talking than Floyd! And he's getting personal!

@GhostBoxing (Robert Guerrero Tweet):
"Real men stand by their women! @floydmayweather has a lot to learn and I'm gonna teach him some respect! Can't wait! #humblewarrior"

nothing honorable about that tweet. Too personal..

I couldn't agree with you more about his religious contradictions.

And as far as him talking shit he is just gonna repeat the same shit everyone else has said about Floyd.... "Women beater" "spoiled brat" "teach him a lesson" "I'm gonna shut his mouth" ect. Nothing flamboyant or special about Robert in or out of the ring. Personally I think Alexander has accomplished more at welterweight, and he did it fairly. Yea it was boring but he didn't use to pussy ass tactics Robert did.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 24 2013, 12:42 PM) *
We know what the main event will be (I know Chsels is relieved) and even the co main event (please Golden Boy do not screw us), but what about the undercard. I know Adrian said that he might be fighting on the undercard but I think he may want to hold out for the winner of Burns and Vasquez. That would mean he would be fighting three times this year, which is not bad but a lot.

If Broner does fight in the undercard I would like him to either fight Hank Lundy or Kevin Mitchell. Both can be very entertaining.
Miguel Garcia would be good in the undercard as well. Maybe he and Jhonny Gonzalez can go to war. Anyone else have any ideas about the undercard?

Side note: Robert Guerrero is talking big sh*t! This dude tweeted Mayweather and said "@FloydMayweather hope u liked working corners I'm gonna make it permanent pretty boy!" How can you not like that confidence. He better watch it because he still has to get in the ring and fight. This fight is going to be FUN!

Mike Stafford trains Lundy now, so I don tsee that one happening. More than likely, he'll fight someone of little competition, but hell, when you have skills like Broner, it's hard to match him with tough fighters. Looks like J'Leon Love will be on the card, according to his recent tweets.

I believe GBP will spread out all of these fights, like Broner facing the winner of Vazquez/Burns, and make money off them on a separate card. I'm wondering how nig the budget will be for this card. If anything, if a fight is signed, I'll pray for all fighters to make it the event. No need for us to see Jessie Vargas vs Stevie Forbes, or some other garbage like that. Lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 26 2013, 06:25 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 25 2013, 05:16 PM) *
@Marcus, that's exactly what I mean. I have no care really in what a fighter does outside of the ring, if that was the case I'd never watch Broner fight because at times his comments can be quite stupid. But in terms of Guerrero, he gives off the holier then thou attitude. So now he's God's chosen one? I think he'll be disappointed come May 4th

He should take a lesson out of the Andre Ward playbook. A man of true faith and CLASS and who does not go out and berate his opposition, I like the way Ward trash talks, it's a breath of fresh air in a sport full of cuss words and shoving. The way he's handled the Kessler and Froch situation where there basically diminishing him as a fighter is nothing short of amazing.

Guerrero makes a comment about cancer, religion and less then 5 secs later he goes into a tirade about his opponent. In this instance he makes that dumb remark about Floyd and women. That is so judgemental on so many levels not to mention inappropriate. I'm going to this fight and I hope Mayweather gives him a beating

Robert is becoming annoying. I mean the the first rule of the Bible and Christianity is "thou shall not judge or thous will be judged" And Jesus even said those without sin can cast the first rock. I believe Robert should start getting into his Bible because right now he is a poster boy of a hypocritical Christian. Plus, God loves everyone, even Floyd.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2013, 09:27 AM) *
Mike Stafford trains Lundy now, so I don tsee that one happening. More than likely, he'll fight someone of little competition, but hell, when you have skills like Broner, it's hard to match him with tough fighters. Looks like J'Leon Love will be on the card, according to his recent tweets.

I believe GBP will spread out all of these fights, like Broner facing the winner of Vazquez/Burns, and make money off them on a separate card. I'm wondering how nig the budget will be for this card. If anything, if a fight is signed, I'll pray for all fighters to make it the event. No need for us to see Jessie Vargas vs Stevie Forbes, or some other garbage like that. Lol

Please do not make me have a nightmare tonight. I rather see Cory Spinks and K9 fight again!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 26 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 26 2013, 05:25 PM) *
Robert is becoming annoying. I mean the the first rule of the Bible and Christianity is "thou shall not judge or thous will be judged" And Jesus even said those without sin can cast the first rock. I believe Robert should start getting into his Bible because right now he is a poster boy of a hypocritical Christian. Plus, God loves everyone, even Floyd.

Agreed, if your as religious or as spiritual as you claim to be then don't worry about what the next person is doing, better yourself and those around you. And if you really feel that strongly about it, then reach out and help the person instead of being negative..... His day of reckoning will come May 4th

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 26 2013, 07:30 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Undercard might not shape up they way I hoped

@danrafaelespn
Issue with Alvarez-Trout is, from what I'm told, Floyd's unwillingness to commit contractually to an Alvarez fight in the fall (more)

@danrafaelespn
From what I'm told, Floyd has a tough fight in front of him w/ Guerrero. That's his focus. So if he wont sign for a fall Canelo fight (more)

@danrafaelespn
So Canelo could wind up facing Trout (or somebody else) May 4 without the guarantee Floyd is next or he could go on his own show in June.

@danrafaelespn
From what I'm told, Canelo is fine to fight Trout or whomever GB wants to make, but not on Floyd's card w/out guarantee of a Floyd fight

@danrafaelespn
Canelo unsure he wants to be on Floyd's undercard, bringing attention & $$ to show but minus guarantee he gets Floyd, which is what he wants

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 26 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Kratza @ Feb 24 2013, 04:12 PM) *
Mikey and Jhonny are both TR fighters so that won't happen

And i doubt Broner will be fighting on the undercard, i'm expecting Lopez vs Maidana

salido was a TR fighter and mikey just fought him. it's possible. there's no upside to jhonny...he's pretty much on the down side of his career.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 26 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2013, 12:27 PM) *

i'm sure floyd will be paying a lot of these guys out of pocket...which is a good thing for his camp. spread the wealth.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 26 2013, 07:49 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

religion aside...when was the last time one of floyds opponents talked this much shit? i like guerrero's comments/demeanor/confidence...and like floyd and broner...i can separate the bullshit. this kid is coming to fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 26 2013, 07:51 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 08:30 PM) *
Undercard might not shape up they way I hoped

@danrafaelespn
Issue with Alvarez-Trout is, from what I'm told, Floyd's unwillingness to commit contractually to an Alvarez fight in the fall (more)

@danrafaelespn
From what I'm told, Floyd has a tough fight in front of him w/ Guerrero. That's his focus. So if he wont sign for a fall Canelo fight (more)

@danrafaelespn
So Canelo could wind up facing Trout (or somebody else) May 4 without the guarantee Floyd is next or he could go on his own show in June.

@danrafaelespn
From what I'm told, Canelo is fine to fight Trout or whomever GB wants to make, but not on Floyd's card w/out guarantee of a Floyd fight

@danrafaelespn
Canelo unsure he wants to be on Floyd's undercard, bringing attention & $$ to show but minus guarantee he gets Floyd, which is what he wants

if canelo balks at the trout fight....his fans will turn on him. he needs to make this fight. it doesn't need to be on the under card of mayweather/guerrero...but it needs to happen. my guess is he wants to do it in cali so he gets a favorable ref and judges.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 26 2013, 08:39 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2013, 06:51 PM) *
if canelo balks at the trout fight....his fans will turn on him. he needs to make this fight. it doesn't need to be on the under card of mayweather/guerrero...but it needs to happen. my guess is he wants to do it in cali so he gets a favorable ref and judges.

From what the other tweets Fat Dan sent out said, Canelo wants Trout, he just doesn't want to continue to line Mayweather's pockets in the process. Especially if he doesn't commit to a fight in the Fall and Floyd thus far has not comitted

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Feb 26 2013, 08:40 PM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 03:39 PM