Reply to this topicStart new topic
> khan vs. Kell Brooks, A Win win
Dolimite
post May 6 2014, 05:52 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

It seems at any chance Amir gets to shit on Brooks he does. Khan has been doing a lot of talking. He needs another significant win to seal his Mayeather ticket. Amir should fight Brooks. I know Brooks is Porter's mandatory opponent, I am sure something can be worked out for Amir and Brooks to fight either in October or November. Or Brooks can forfeit his fight with Porter. I think this fight can be explosive. Maybe Brooks can shut Amir up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post May 6 2014, 06:26 PM
Post #2

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 6 2014, 06:52 PM) *
It seems at any chance Amir gets to shit on Brooks he does. Khan has been doing a lot of talking. He needs another significant win to seal his Mayeather ticket. Amir should fight Brooks. I know Brooks is Porter's mandatory opponent, I am sure something can be worked out for Amir and Brooks to fight either in October or November. Or Brooks can forfeit his fight with Porter. I think this fight can be explosive. Maybe Brooks can shut Amir up.

I like Special K but man it's a shame injuries plagued his first real test when he was suppose to fight Alexander.
Amir is just a guy who likes the attention and bright lights. He even said Froch should retire after his "win" over Groves and they're suppose to be friends.

If Porter vs Brook happens I expect Porter to actually beat Brook in a tougher than expected fight. Brook might not come out the same in this one, we'll hopefully see. Khan-Brook-Porter could all be in a super six welter tourney with Thurman-Maidana-Garcia, what a fist pumping event this would be.

Khan wants a belt so he won't fight Brook unless he beats Porter for the belt which would make the fight bigger in the UK.

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post May 6 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

tired of Brook myself, stop getting injured and hopefully he faces Porter... show something even in a loss, if not go away

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 6 2014, 07:59 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I like both Khan and Brook but they both run their mouths too damn much. But Kell isn't as reckless with his statements as Amir is. I think Brook is going to lose to Porter anyway. Too big and too skilled for him to get past imo. But even if Kell does win, I still think Khan beats him

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 7 2014, 12:45 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I think porter-khan is a better match up stylistically. Porter brings the fucking pressure, that leaves kell brook-thurman

+Quote Post
mitchell
post May 7 2014, 07:22 AM
Post #6

Amateur

Member No.: 14,188

khan all the way

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 7 2014, 08:21 AM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

That IBF belt is a curse for Brook...he either twists his ankle or jams his thumb, the week before a fight. I don't even wanna get excited about the idea of a Brook/Porter fight, with the given circumstances, it would be a waste.

Brook and Khan do need to fight though...from what he says, Khan isn't as big a seller in the UK, as we're led to believe. According to Brook, he's a bigger ticket than Khan. I wouldn't mind seeing it.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 7 2014, 09:10 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 7 2014, 02:21 PM) *
That IBF belt is a curse for Brook...he either twists his ankle or jams his thumb, the week before a fight. I don't even wanna get excited about the idea of a Brook/Porter fight, with the given circumstances, it would be a waste.

Brook and Khan do need to fight though...from what he says, Khan isn't as big a seller in the UK, as we're led to believe. According to Brook, he's a bigger ticket than Khan. I wouldn't mind seeing it.

While Khan isnt as big as he likes to make out, he still is massive compared to Brook (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 7 2014, 09:22 AM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

How about Porter vs Brook. Thurman vs Khan? Winner faces each other. Winner of that faces Floyd? Loser of that fights on the undercard.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 7 2014, 09:46 AM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 7 2014, 10:10 AM) *
While Khan isnt as big as he likes to make out, he still is massive compared to Brook (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Let Brook tell it, Khan has a Bradley-type fan base. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 11:38 AM