IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Would You Support A Gay Boxer Who Can Fight?
Would You Support A Gay Boxer Who Could Fight.
Be Honest, Not A Politician
Yes [ 14 ] ** [87.50%]
No [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
Cshel86
post Oct 7 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 7 2012, 02:12 PM) *
I've had this nagging suspicion for a long time Haha.. but who knows lol maybe he's just a a super heterosexual 37 year old rich athlete without any record of a wife gf or kids and a personal shopper (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Lol, I'm not sure where Sergio stands, not that it's any of my business...but something about dude's presence just seems weird. Maybe I just expect all of the rich cats to have all of the ladies and be proud of it, maybe Serg just keeps his life private.

We'll find out after he hurts this mystery chick's feelings, and she makes a big deal out of it and does something stupid, like "leave with half". You know how they do, when they want to leave, but not on an empty-handed basis. Until then, Serg is on the gaydar. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 7 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

One thing's for sure, if a fighter is gay, his fan base will automatically increase...it's inevitable. One thing I cant stand about that particular community, is the fact that they wait to hear "gay" or some homo jokes, just so that they can make a big deal out if it.

I mean shit, you chose that life for whatever reason, get over it. I hear people trying to compare race to sexual orientation, very few things to argue about in that area, so why bring it up? All I can say is, as a black man, if I feel discriminated against, I just suck it up and keep it moving.

On the other hand, if you're gay, which is YOUR CHOICE, then don't get all defensive when somebody says something about it. I just dont get it. I've heard people say shit about black people in my presence, I just explain it or intelligently tell them how ignorant they are, and keep it moving. No need to call the law/HR and file charges and shit.

Anyhow, I've been a firm believer that people are the way they are, because of their environment (past/current). Never been a firm believer in the whole "I was born that way" or "I was supposed to be woman, but I was born a man" nonsense.

Those same gay people that say that, run off and start talking about how good God is (or whoever they choose to serve), but how in the hell is He so good and perfect, when you're basically saying that He made a mistake in your making? Weird aint it?

I have much respect for those that come out, because the ridicule that comes with it is endless. Just dont be over the top in trying to punish someone for their beliefs of NOT believing in the way you live. Like when Manny made that comment about the gay community, they tried to fuckin' hang the dude. He already apologized, but it wasn't enough, they just HAD to take it further.

There are things that I dont like about some of these "new age" gay people, not the ones who've been through hell and high water, and made their choice...I respect those. I hate when women call themselves being gay, just because they dont want to be alone. Cut that shit out man, for real. I see it waaay too much nowadays, and I know a chick who is trying to convince me that it's a "toss up" subject because she's having a shitty time with men, trust me, I'll give you guys an update when she decides to bat for the other team...I feel it coming.

We've all been to that point in life, when we feel like we dont have much luck with "locking in" a significant other, rather than doing the casual stuff. Cool, no problem. These chicks dont give themselves enough time to heal between relationships, they just find a rebound dude, and leave the other guy. Can you say, detrimental cycle? Before they know it, after all of that shit goes sour, they've bottled all of that emotion up.

When they find out just how emotionally damaged they are, instead of sitting down somewhere and healing/finding out who they are, they go out and try to find an honest guy. Bad move. During that time, they become victims of pretentious dudes who are trying to just get some. With that in mind, they get tired, and run to someone who will give them the attention they need....some bull dagger.

Lil Duval (google him) said it best, "Shoutouts to all of the bull daggers who came on their period today. You're still a woman bitch". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Funniest stuff ever. I just dont see it. No matter how many failed relationships I go through in life, NOTHING, and mean NOTHING will make me go and suck some d*ck, just because Im lonely, and I cant find a woman that Im happy with...(women's translation): find somebody that I can change JUST enough, so I can feel comfortable with them, because Im not comfortable in my own skin.

What a sad and strange world we live in. Nobody's comfortable with who they really are, and nobody wants to be judged. Everybody's afraid of getting their feelings hurt, so they hold back on giving that affection to the right person...JUST to give it to some loser fucktard. When it goes sour, you have to hear how unfair life is, and men/women "aint shit". Boo hoo, sad story.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Oct 7 2012, 02:41 PM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 6 2012, 11:26 PM) *
I don't get it, I don't have a problem with it. I mean people support de la hoya and he was a cross dresser, I don't care what a persons preference is in as long as they can fight.

And if anything if this guy gets to the top being gay would probably help him sell more.

Eh don't get me wrong checkleft, I feel the same way in not caring of anyone's sexual preference either, but I also have the right to support my heterosexuality the same way an Orlando Cruz supports his homosexuality. Maybe I should have elaborated more in saying I respect the dudes stance an all, but I don't have to root for the guy or watch 24/7 or fight camp 360 on something I don't relate to. It's like u said if the guy can fight, it is what it is and I can respect that, because this is what boxing is all about, and anything else after that really is not my buisness or concern. But in the ring it's there flag against my flag.

Oh and based off this subject, if the guys successful, no doubt it will be sold to the public to make good money, and then comes the gay version of a Rocky Balboa Movie lol.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 7 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

what orlando has done is brave and i commend him. he did not make his life any easier but i give him credit for not living a lie and being true to himself.

i have a sibling and close relatives that are gay and lesbian. it is my honest belief that some/most are born that way. i don't believe it's a choice for them. i get what cshel is saying about scarred chicks that are done dealing with men...that's something different. i agree that you cannot compare what gays are going thru to racial discrimination. u can hide ur gayness...but u can't hide ur race. but that's not to say that what gays/lesbians experience isn't real. i've had to come to the rescue of friends and relatives who were targeted because of their sexual orientation. that shit is not cool. i won't accept it. if someone is a homophope...i have to question them. what is it about homosexuality that would spur a person to hate or act violently? for those ppl i would say they need to look deeper inside to figure that out. i have no problem with an openly gay boxer. as for would i support a guy boxer who can fight? sure, why not?

*side note....there have been several openly lesbian women in boxing who have embraced their sexuality and they can fight. proof that some women have more balls than men. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Oct 7 2012, 04:30 PM

+Quote Post
Archimedes
post Oct 7 2012, 05:52 PM
Post #15

Amateur

Member No.: 13,487

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 6 2012, 07:32 PM) *
Orlando Cruz announces that he's gay??? Wow! I mean I can't really be surprised in this era we live in today, but can you imagine if this guy gets to an elite level and starts beating top notch opposition? He'll have more problems than President Obama in this per-dominantly heterosexual sport. I mean seeing Cotto on 24/7 share a bed with dude and play with each others "dooky shoot" (as Mayweather put it) is one thing, but having an openly gay fighter on 24/7???

Anyways I'd watch the fight but you wouldn't catch me rooting for a gay fighter to win it lol, nope.

Openness about one's sexuality is becoming more and more accepted, and though the "pioneers" of race relations like Jackie Robinson and President Barack Obama were persecuted initially. The reward for their resolve was a freer and more open society. It's hard to be the first of anything because of all the notoriety one receives but the courage shown by Orlando Cruz is going to resonate to other boxers who are either gay or lesbian. I imagine there have been gay champions in the past, but announcing you were gay several years ago would not be viewed anywhere near like it is today. So when or if they start coming out, we'll probably see men who were thought of as being really rough and tough, only to find them having depth and contrast. (And it would totally put to rest this idea that because one is gay, you have to be a sissy.)

What fans fail to understand sometimes is that we don't know these people we admire so much. They entertain us but that is the extent of the compact we have with them. All I care about when a fighter gets in the ring is if he can put on a good show, what he/she may do outside of the ring doesn't affect or concern my life.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 7 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 7 2012, 02:41 PM) *
Eh don't get me wrong checkleft, I feel the same way in not caring of anyone's sexual preference either, but I also have the right to support my heterosexuality the same way an Orlando Cruz supports his homosexuality. Maybe I should have elaborated more in saying I respect the dudes stance an all, but I don't have to root for the guy or watch 24/7 or fight camp 360 on something I don't relate to. It's like u said if the guy can fight, it is what it is and I can respect that, because this is what boxing is all about, and anything else after that really is not my buisness or concern. But in the ring it's there flag against my flag.

Oh and based off this subject, if the guys successful, no doubt it will be sold to the public to make good money, and then comes the gay version of a Rocky Balboa Movie lol.

I wasn't calling you out or anything gambit, I figured most people probably feel the way you and I do lol.

You had me dying with that gay rocky movie bit though Haha even though I wouldn't doubt that happens if he gets big

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Oct 7 2012, 07:08 PM
Post #17

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 7 2012, 03:16 PM) *
One thing's for sure, if a fighter is gay, his fan base will automatically increase...it's inevitable. One thing I cant stand about that particular community, is the fact that they wait to hear "gay" or some homo jokes, just so that they can make a big deal out if it.

I mean shit, you chose that life for whatever reason, get over it. I hear people trying to compare race to sexual orientation, very few things to argue about in that area, so why bring it up? All I can say is, as a black man, if I feel discriminated against, I just suck it up and keep it moving.

On the other hand, if you're gay, which is YOUR CHOICE, then don't get all defensive when somebody says something about it. I just dont get it. I've heard people say shit about black people in my presence, I just explain it or intelligently tell them how ignorant they are, and keep it moving. No need to call the law/HR and file charges and shit.

Anyhow, I've been a firm believer that people are the way they are, because of their environment (past/current). Never been a firm believer in the whole "I was born that way" or "I was supposed to be woman, but I was born a man" nonsense.

Those same gay people that say that, run off and start talking about how good God is (or whoever they choose to serve), but how in the hell is He so good and perfect, when you're basically saying that He made a mistake in your making? Weird aint it?

I have much respect for those that come out, because the ridicule that comes with it is endless. Just dont be over the top in trying to punish someone for their beliefs of NOT believing in the way you live. Like when Manny made that comment about the gay community, they tried to fuckin' hang the dude. He already apologized, but it wasn't enough, they just HAD to take it further.

There are things that I dont like about some of these "new age" gay people, not the ones who've been through hell and high water, and made their choice...I respect those. I hate when women call themselves being gay, just because they dont want to be alone. Cut that shit out man, for real. I see it waaay too much nowadays, and I know a chick who is trying to convince me that it's a "toss up" subject because she's having a shitty time with men, trust me, I'll give you guys an update when she decides to bat for the other team...I feel it coming.

We've all been to that point in life, when we feel like we dont have much luck with "locking in" a significant other, rather than doing the casual stuff. Cool, no problem. These chicks dont give themselves enough time to heal between relationships, they just find a rebound dude, and leave the other guy. Can you say, detrimental cycle? Before they know it, after all of that shit goes sour, they've bottled all of that emotion up.

When they find out just how emotionally damaged they are, instead of sitting down somewhere and healing/finding out who they are, they go out and try to find an honest guy. Bad move. During that time, they become victims of pretentious dudes who are trying to just get some. With that in mind, they get tired, and run to someone who will give them the attention they need....some bull dagger.

Lil Duval (google him) said it best, "Shoutouts to all of the bull daggers who came on their period today. You're still a woman bitch". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Funniest stuff ever. I just dont see it. No matter how many failed relationships I go through in life, NOTHING, and mean NOTHING will make me go and suck some d*ck, just because Im lonely, and I cant find a woman that Im happy with...(women's translation): find somebody that I can change JUST enough, so I can feel comfortable with them, because Im not comfortable in my own skin.

What a sad and strange world we live in. Nobody's comfortable with who they really are, and nobody wants to be judged. Everybody's afraid of getting their feelings hurt, so they hold back on giving that affection to the right person...JUST to give it to some loser fucktard. When it goes sour, you have to hear how unfair life is, and men/women "aint shit". Boo hoo, sad story.

Yup, real talk.

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Oct 8 2012, 06:10 PM
Post #18

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

I support a gay rapper who can rap (Kanye West). LOL!!!!!!!! Why wouldn't I support a boxer? I judge athletes, artist, and actors by their talent not their lifestyle.

No matter where you go a MAN will always be a Man.......

This post has been edited by aTYpicalTYrant: Oct 8 2012, 06:11 PM

+Quote Post
sduck
post Oct 8 2012, 09:02 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

To the people who said no, whats wrong with being gay?

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 9 2012, 10:35 AM
Post #20

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I wouldnt want to be the one fighting him lol But in all seriousness, I don't give a fuck. I used to think Ray Leonard and De La Hoya were gay. Still kinda do. At this point and time, being bigoted is growing old. Time to wake up. So yes, I don't mind a gay fighter but I don't think it was the greatest idea to "come out" when he did.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 06:10 PM