IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pledge to clean up my gay/lesbian derogatory innuendo., I will probably slip, but I'll to my best to honor it.
SmartyBeardo
post Oct 11 2010, 09:47 AM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,633

Given the recent spike in teen gay/lesbian suicide, as well as the spike in gay bullying and hate crimes, I am pledging to eliminate my offensive remarks regarding certain boxers and posters utilizing gay/lesbian derogatory innuendo.

I should never have ever utilized such speech. I avoid discriminatory remarks of all other types, as much as possible. I apologize for having done it.

This does not apply to you, CP (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hittman25
post Oct 11 2010, 10:54 AM
Post #2

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,662

Ur Crazy Ese but way to go

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Oct 11 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

Oh, c'mon, man, everybody fucks with gays.

Well, not EVERYone, just other gays, technically, but you catch my drift.

This post has been edited by ROLL DEEP: Oct 11 2010, 12:20 PM

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 11 2010, 01:22 PM
Post #4

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

Noble move Smarty, I applaud you for having such a conscious mind, but I also doubt we have many gay posters (at least not the kind that have been in the news lately). Even if we did have gay posters, I would assume they are the "can take a dick/can take a joke" type gays that don't take us too seriously.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Oct 11 2010, 04:10 PM
Post #5

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 11 2010, 03:22 PM) *
It really does not have to do with whether they are here and reading it anymore than if I was making racist comments about those who would probably be scarce on here. It is just against what I believe and the events of recent days and weeks have reminded me of it.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are gay and lesbian boxers. Some of them likely visit this site from time to time or even write pieces for the Front Page. I want them to know unequivocally that I recognize them as equal citizens and that I have fought and will fight for their rights as much as any other men, women and children on this planet.

The fact that people are being abducted and tortured for their personal sexuality is a threat to every single one of us. I have said it before on this board, if you threaten the life and liberty of others, I am your adversary, no matter your politics, religion, race or nationality.

That is a promise.

By utilizing terms for gay and lesbians in a derogatory manner, I have hypocritically done my part to enable and embolden those who threaten the life and liberty of that population.

It is not okay. This is as good (or better) a place as any to start ending the hypocrisy.

great post and real talk smarty... you speak the truth...

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 11 2010, 08:10 PM
Post #6

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 11 2010, 09:22 PM) *
It really does not have to do with whether they are here and reading it anymore than if I was making racist comments about those who would probably be scarce on here. It is just against what I believe and the events of recent days and weeks have reminded me of it.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are gay and lesbian boxers. Some of them likely visit this site from time to time or even write pieces for the Front Page. I want them to know unequivocally that I recognize them as equal citizens and that I have fought and will fight for their rights as much as any other men, women and children on this planet.

The fact that people are being abducted and tortured for their personal sexuality is a threat to every single one of us. I have said it before on this board, if you threaten the life and liberty of others, I am your adversary, no matter your politics, religion, race or nationality.

That is a promise.

By utilizing terms for gay and lesbians in a derogatory manner, I have hypocritically done my part to enable and embolden those who threaten the life and liberty of that population.

It is not okay. This is as good (or better) a place as any to start ending the hypocrisy.

Respect.

+Quote Post
sweetscientist1
post Oct 11 2010, 08:11 PM
Post #7

SoCali Cum Guzzler

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,549

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 11 2010, 03:22 PM) *

That is a promise.

Props to you on your verbal abstinence. But as far as racism goes the direct racist comments don't bother me as much as the institutionall ones where someone is just giving their mild manored opinion and true racist ideology surfaces and those parties that initiate it just don't quite understand how it affects other folks. That's the shit that really bothers me. and it's every day at work, church, in the gym etc.......

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Oct 11 2010, 09:12 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 11 2010, 09:11 PM) *
Props to you on your verbal abstinence. But as far as racism goes the direct racist comments don't bother me as much as the institutionall ones where someone is just giving their mild manored opinion and true racist ideology surfaces and those parties that initiate it just don't quite understand how it affects other folks. That's the shit that really bothers me. and it's every day at work, church, in the gym etc.......

Reg_One?

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Oct 12 2010, 04:27 AM
Post #9

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

What sort of a homo bum tickling thread is this?

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Oct 12 2010, 05:13 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Oct 12 2010, 05:27 AM) *
What sort of a homo bum tickling thread is this?

I dunno what sort of fag hag convention it is either. But what I can say is that it does contain a few of those Pontoon members, remember that balserwood, Titanic emulating, embarrassment device? The greatest floating collection of sausage jockey's in Fight Hype history.

I can only conclude that the pontoon and this thread are in some way connected.

Smarty stole on board the Pontoon halfway through their 'cruise' and hasn't been the same since. God only know what they made that poor bastard do, but soon after he created e-suicide and despite recently making a Lazarus like comeback, he is clearly not the same.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 06:40 AM