post Oct 25 2012, 11:29 AM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 25 2012, 12:10 PM) *
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/sports/emanuel-ste...eports-of-death

Stewart's sister says he hasn't passed away. Not sure what is going on

I heard this too, that's why I was asking.. why would someone like his protege fuck around and say something like this if he hasn't passed yet?

This post has been edited by checkleft: Oct 25 2012, 02:40 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 25 2012, 11:44 AM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I'm so confused. So many conflicting reports. So much irresponsible journalism going on.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Oct 25 2012, 11:53 AM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Its strange seeing all these statements from people that are close to him. Klitschko borthers said its true, then deleted the statement. Steward's sister now says it's not true. I am confused...

+Quote Post
sduck
post Oct 25 2012, 12:33 PM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

And I came to say RIP....

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 25 2012, 02:24 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Man the internet has killed off a slew of public figures/celebrities in the past couple of years. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Hope this isn't true.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Oct 25 2012, 02:28 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

I think I may as well take the statement from his sister as the true official one. Let us hope he will get through his illness then.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Oct 25 2012, 03:26 PM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

It's been confirmed, he passed away. RIP Manny

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Oct 25 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Well, we knew he was sick because Wlad had to replace him as his chief trainer for his upcoming bout. My heart goes out to the Steward family.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 25 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

While I didnt always agree with his strategies as a trainer or his opinions as an analyst, Steward was a boxing savant. Especially in this era where any good samaritan wiy access to local talent can pick up mitts and call themselves a trainer,Mannys Kronk gym put the science in sweet science. Back in the days where your clout as a trainer was earn through your boxing knowledge and not by you having a rising star fighter. God rest his soul. Condolences to his loved ones.

Between losing him n Bert Sugar, boxing is truly losing its historians and champions for the purist side of the sweet science. While Jim Lampley aggravates me, Ive always admired his unapologetic stance for wearing his heart on his sleeve when a loved one is lost. I can only imagine he may be a wreck on their next broadcast...and rightfully so. Sad day for boxing.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 25 2012, 05:23 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 25 2012, 05:56 PM) *
While I didnt always agree with his strategies as a trainer or his opinions as an analyst, Steward was a boxing savant. Especially in this era where any good samaritan wiy access to local talent can pick up mitts and call themselves a trainer,Mannys Kronk gym put the science in sweet science. Back in the days where your clout as a trainer was earn through your boxing knowledge and not by you having a rising star fighter. God rest his soul. Condolences to his loved ones.

Between losing him n Bert Sugar, boxing is truly losing its historians and champions for the purist side of the sweet science. While Jim Lampley aggravates me, Ive always admired his unapologetic stance for wearing his heart on his sleeve when a loved one is lost. I can only imagine he may be a wreck on their next broadcast...and rightfully so. Sad day for boxing.

Couldn't agree more. He is very good at saying farewell to boxings lost ones, I don't think theres anyone better for this job. He and lampley did many events together.... If Jim can even get through his farewell. Boxing has taken a big hit

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 08:44 PM