Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who is Saul Alveraz fighting?
Dolimite
post Jan 8 2013, 12:34 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

On the front page Saul (I am not calling another man Cinnamon) is training for his upcoming fight. Who is he suppose to be training for? Isn't that apart of your training is who your opponent will be? I think he is going to either fight Devon Alexander or Lamont Peterson. They are small and either will not be able to hurt him. Austin Trout could be a threat and I do not think Cotto is going to fight Saul. I wish this guy would fight a 154 fighter just once. I know he is 22 but you can not call yourself a rock star boxer if the only guy on your list that you beat is a 40 year old Shane Mosley. What I would like Saul to do is challenge himself before he fights Mayweather. And Saul looks a lot like Blake Griffin.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jan 8 2013, 01:00 PM
Post #2

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Isn't Lamont Peterson fighting Holt i think? Anyways, Canelo is fighting some tomato can in the Floyd undercard. Then, after Floyd beats Guerrero in the main event, in the post fight interview with Floyd, Canelo is going to interrupt, Mosley Style. Setting the showdown for Sept 2013.

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Jan 8 2013, 01:10 PM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

And to think I was all excited about Alvarez and Trout going to war..... Well it looks like that fight can't materialize until 2014 if ever. I really can't understand why this dude is getting all this credit without one impressive win over one respectable opponent.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 8 2013, 01:32 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

after his recent string of opponents, i think it is fair to predict that the ginger will be fighting criticism and disdain from fans. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

his next pick is either going to bring him in the right direction or fans are just going to shit on him and write him off.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 8 2013, 02:16 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Plah @ Jan 8 2013, 11:00 AM) *
Isn't Lamont Peterson fighting Holt i think? Anyways, Canelo is fighting some tomato can in the Floyd undercard. Then, after Floyd beats Guerrero in the main event, in the post fight interview with Floyd, Canelo is going to interrupt, Mosley Style. Setting the showdown for Sept 2013.

He is fighting in Feb but he can still fight in May if Saul fights anyone in 147 division I am going to be pissed.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jan 8 2013, 02:35 PM
Post #6

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

What i dont get is why he's waiting till may4th to fight if he's already in the gym. He could cashout and fight in february and the May 4th like Adrien Broner is going to.

Alvarez is being brought along nicely, someone he's already cashing out no matter who he faces. He should fight someone at 154 in february may it be a tomato or anyone else in the top 10 from jr middle and middleweight division. So after that solid win finally facing someone at 154 and probably beating them convincingly he gets trout on May 4th too, takes that Win and cashes out. 2 Paychecks in 5 months...This could be a really good year for Canelo

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 8 2013, 02:36 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 8 2013, 12:34 PM) *
On the front page Saul (I am not calling another man Cinnamon) is training for his upcoming fight. Who is he suppose to be training for? Isn't that apart of your training is who your opponent will be? I think he is going to either fight Devon Alexander or Lamont Peterson. They are small and either will not be able to hurt him. Austin Trout could be a threat and I do not think Cotto is going to fight Saul. I wish this guy would fight a 154 fighter just once. I know he is 22 but you can not call yourself a rock star boxer if the only guy on your list that you beat is a 40 year old Shane Mosley. What I would like Saul to do is challenge himself before he fights Mayweather. And Saul looks a lot like Blake Griffin.

Can't fight lamont, he is fighting holt. And Alexander has been training for the brook fight for a while. Probably gonna fight ortiz or as the rumor had it maidana.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 8 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 8 2013, 12:36 PM) *
Can't fight lamont, he is fighting holt. And Alexander has been training for the brook fight for a while. Probably gonna fight ortiz or as the rumor had it maidana.

Please tell me you are joking? I guess since Sergio beat the shit out of that fluke Chavez Jr. maybe he feels that he should had an Argentinian an ass kicking? If he fights Marcos over Trout, Kirkland, hell fight Keith Thurman! Now that would be a fight. Saul please fight Keith I would respect you if you fought that guy. Would anyone be upset if Saul fought Keith Thurman? I would watch!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 8 2013, 06:30 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Dig up Ivan Calderon...rumor has it, he's been warming up for another fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I'm wondering why everybody's overlooking Ricardo Mayorga's recent calling out of Canelo a few months ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they made that fight happen.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 8 2013, 06:58 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Keith Thurman. I am pushing this fight.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 04:29 AM