IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alexander? Not Guerrero? (Topics Merged), Update:IBF Will Not Sanction Mayweather-Alexander (Brook is Mandatory)
Cshel86
post Feb 9 2013, 01:51 AM
Post #141

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

(IMG:http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b324/PepsiMan34/popcorn-1.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 9 2013, 04:36 AM
Post #142

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 9 2013, 06:51 AM) *

Glad your having fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 9 2013, 12:56 PM
Post #143

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 9 2013, 04:36 AM) *
Glad your having fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Great discussions are always cool. Besides, I was a bit buzzed when I posted the Michael Jackson gif. I just saw a few guys exchanging some good points, lol.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 9 2013, 09:28 PM
Post #144

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 8 2013, 06:54 PM) *
We probably won't see eye to eye on this so we'll see, I personally wouldn't of had a problem with 60-40. There's a reason I specifically stated that it was Arum who said it was because we all know how he talks shit, and it was HBO who released the Mayweather PPV numbers so there solid. But otherwise we have nothing to compare, at all. And if you really going with that card. Who beat Marquez first? Who beat Cotto first? Who beat Hatton more brutally? Who beat De La Hoya more brutally? You see the bullshit I can spit out, yet we know there's * to all those answers. and the number 3. people will go anywhere for a payday.

LOL, cracked me up reading all these highlighted responses. Sure most people will go anywhere for a payday but I also know many in this sport who have not and won't. Yes, what I highlighted is BS but you gotta admit it is a fantasy to believe those reasons will be in consideration at the negotiating table when talking dollars and cents.

Like I said before, you are repeating the crap from Arum. I put about 1% credibility into anything a criminal like Bob Arum says when it comes to the fight game. Bob is too busy trying to figure who to safely pair Pac with to get the tarnish off of his cashcow because he knows that another loss especially to anyone other than JMM, Bradley or Floyd ruins his career totally.

That is why a loss is so devastating to Pac and the reason he won't get to fight Floyd should be apparently obvious, Arum won't accept nothing less than 50-50 and everyone who is logical knows that Pac doesn't deserve no more than a 60-40 split.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 10 2013, 05:07 AM
Post #145

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 10 2013, 02:28 AM) *
LOL, cracked me up reading all these highlighted responses. Sure most people will go anywhere for a payday but I also know many in this sport who have not and won't. Yes, what I highlighted is BS but you gotta admit it is a fantasy to believe those reasons will be in consideration at the negotiating table when talking dollars and cents.

Like I said before, you are repeating the crap from Arum. I put about 1% credibility into anything a criminal like Bob Arum says when it comes to the fight game. Bob is too busy trying to figure who to safely pair Pac with to get the tarnish off of his cashcow because he knows that another loss especially to anyone other than JMM, Bradley or Floyd ruins his career totally.

That is why a loss is so devastating to Pac and the reason he won't get to fight Floyd should be apparently obvious, Arum won't accept nothing less than 50-50 and everyone who is logical knows that Pac doesn't deserve no more than a 60-40 split.

I never said they'd be considered, actually am the one who clearly stated they were bullshit, but you seemed pretty content to bring up the fact that Floyd beat X fighter first. What happens at the table we'll never know if it does happen or what its on, if I remember the first time around that this was ever going to happen when the drugs test was a problem Floyd agreed to a 50/50 split didn't he? Unless someone can correct me cause am not too sure

Also if you go fight Pac in China any eastern Asian country you stand to make a lot of money, they seem to love him a lot there. Imagine if it was in the Philippines they could probably find there biggest stage and sell out

This post has been edited by mgrover: Feb 10 2013, 05:09 AM

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post Feb 11 2013, 08:15 AM
Post #146

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

i really have no problem with floyd fighting alexander. people are complaining about guerrero but whats the difference? both are C fighters in my eyes. devon has faced better opposition, granted his wins are questionable but he still faced better opposition.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 11 2013, 09:42 AM
Post #147

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 10 2013, 05:07 AM) *
I never said they'd be considered, actually am the one who clearly stated they were bullshit, but you seemed pretty content to bring up the fact that Floyd beat X fighter first. What happens at the table we'll never know if it does happen or what its on, if I remember the first time around that this was ever going to happen when the drugs test was a problem Floyd agreed to a 50/50 split didn't he? Unless someone can correct me cause am not too sure

Also if you go fight Pac in China any eastern Asian country you stand to make a lot of money, they seem to love him a lot there. Imagine if it was in the Philippines they could probably find there biggest stage and sell out

No. He never agreed to that. Secondly, why would Floyd...the undefeated fighter with the better PPV numbers, go fight Manny in the Phillipines for equal pay. I mean really. People love to label Floyd as an ashole, and to an extent, rightfully so. That being said, if you took away the names and just called them fighter A and fighter B...this argument wouldnt even exist.

Fighter A
Undefeated
Regarded as #1 P4P
Biggest draw in the sport.
A the top of every fighters dream matchup list.
Considered the most skilled fighter by most
Has no promoter
Makes moremoney and generates more PPV than anyone in the sport.
Arguably has the better resume'
Beat some of the same guys fighter B bet at their natural weight BEFORE fighter B bet them

Fighter B
Impressive resume
Huge Draw
Beloved by most, especially HBO (cult like following)
Just behind Fighter A in PPV sales among active boxers
Has a promoter who robs him blind and makes significantly less than Fighter A
Has KO losses both recent and early in his career
Has looked very pedestrian in his last 4 fights
Has NEVER made the amount of money Fighter A offered him to fight
Has had extremely questionable responses to and avoidances of steroid allegations

+Quote Post
Dric
post Feb 11 2013, 10:32 AM
Post #148

Amateur

Member No.: 13,817

Manny wanted the easiest fight possible, and didn't want to fight Marquez again but from what i read he would have to take less money. Anyway Manny messed up, he could of made way more money fighting Floyd than any other fighter he has faced in the past or in the mere future. But Manny (I'm Scared of needles) Pacquiao resigned with Top Rank with whom may not be handling his finances like they should be, and they ended up getting him beat. You can't keep fighting the same guy whom by the way has your number and not expect to get beat eventually. I was just shocked that he got knocked out lol. But Bob arum is what is wrong with boxing today, and its disgusting that good matches are not being made because of top rank conflict with golden boy.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 11 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #149

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 11 2013, 02:42 PM) *
No. He never agreed to that. Secondly, why would Floyd...the undefeated fighter with the better PPV numbers, go fight Manny in the Phillipines for equal pay. I mean really. People love to label Floyd as an ashole, and to an extent, rightfully so. That being said, if you took away the names and just called them fighter A and fighter B...this argument wouldnt even exist.

Fighter A
Undefeated
Regarded as #1 P4P
A the top of every fighters dream matchup list.
Has no promoter
Makes moremoney and generates more PPV than anyone in the sport.
Arguably has the better resume'
Beat some of the same guys fighter B bet at their natural weight BEFORE fighter B bet them - that's just technically Mosley and DLH, yet it was DLH who wanted the welterweight limit?.

Fighter B
Impressive resume
Huge Draw
Beloved by most, especially HBO (cult like following)
Has KO losses both recent and early in his career
Has looked very pedestrian in his last 4 fights
Has NEVER made the amount of money Fighter A offered him to fight
Has had extremely questionable responses to and avoidances of steroid allegations

Am not talking about Floyd, am on about any other fighter that doesn't realistically draw as much as them two.

But the thing with the natural weight, am sure you could make that argument that Pac beat Marquez at his natural weight. Having a promoter that robs him blind has nothing to do with making a fight, I don't understand why Mayweather brings this up and am paraphrasing he says that Pac cannot have a 50/50 split because he has to pay Arum, but realistically aren't they both payed whatever and that's dispersed to other parties? Promoters, trainers etc

But a more fairish comparison would be

Fighter A
Undefeated
Regarded as #1 P4P
Makes more money and generates more PPV than anyone in the sport.
Has no promoter
Arguably has the better resume
Beat some of the same guys fighter B beat at their natural weight BEFORE fighter B beat them
Never made the type of money that he offered fighter B

Fighter B
Impressive resume yet recently has declined and was recently KOed
Top ten P4P maybe
Second Biggest draw in the sport
Has above average offense
Has beaten men above his weight natural weight
Beat some of the same guys fighter A beat at their natural weight BEFORE fighter A beat them
Never has made the type of money Fighter A offered him.

That's more of an objective list to directly compare the two.

To be fair its all sad now for boxing, I even chuckled at the guy who said this fight would of happened in September on the front page.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Feb 11 2013, 12:54 PM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 12 2013, 05:41 PM
Post #150

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 11 2013, 10:37 AM) *
Am not talking about Floyd, am on about any other fighter that doesn't realistically draw as much as them two.

But the thing with the natural weight, am sure you could make that argument that Pac beat Marquez at his natural weight. Having a promoter that robs him blind has nothing to do with making a fight, I don't understand why Mayweather brings this up and am paraphrasing he says that Pac cannot have a 50/50 split because he has to pay Arum, but realistically aren't they both payed whatever and that's dispersed to other parties? Promoters, trainers etc

But a more fairish comparison would be

Fighter A
Undefeated
Regarded as #1 P4P
Makes more money and generates more PPV than anyone in the sport.
Has no promoter
Arguably has the better resume
Beat some of the same guys fighter B beat at their natural weight BEFORE fighter B beat them
Never made the type of money that he offered fighter B

Fighter B
Impressive resume yet recently has declined and was recently KOed
Top ten P4P maybe
Second Biggest draw in the sport
Has above average offense
Has beaten men above his weight natural weight
Beat some of the same guys fighter A beat at their natural weight BEFORE fighter A beat them
Never has made the type of money Fighter A offered him.

That's more of an objective list to directly compare the two.

To be fair its all sad now for boxing, I even chuckled at the guy who said this fight would of happened in September on the front page.

In this case it does or do you not know the history of Arum vs Mayweather? I really do not expect much objectivity from a guy who's Avatar is saying that Floyd is a Chicken but there is enough information regarding the bad blood history of Arum to Floyd and the reasons why Mayweather left him as much so as it is from Arum to Oscar and the reasons he left him for one to gather enough intel to understand why this matters.

What I've learned from being a real fan of boxing the sport and not just some bandwagon Pacquiao fan (as most seem to be on the net these days) is that the overwhelming vast majority of those who started following boxing once Manny got popular is that they just seem to be no more than Parrots or Mockingbirds that simply reguirgitate the lies that come from Arum without checking the facts.

Floyd never agreed to 50-50 but there is a fact that Pac said he'd take less, again Arum being the culprit here still wouldn't allow the fight to happen but I guess the blinded Pac faithful can never seem to see this with Arum's sh*t covering their eyeballs.

Pac never deserved a 50-50 split and now he most definitely doesn't come nowhere near close to it, Manny lost out on 40 million and took 2 loses in a row (one devastatingly) but still Pac's fans come on the net and on this forum pretending to mask their so called "objectivity" behind garbage that they call facts when it is apparent that their logic comes from Arum.

Amazing that this blame game on Floyd continues after we can clearly see the hypocrisy from Arum and the clear avoidance of this fight by Manny Pac and his camp but what else can one expect by those who only follow Fighter B instead of the boxing game itself??

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:00 PM