> please don't go..., there is more to boxing than pac
wiley
post Dec 11 2012, 08:25 PM
Post #11

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,457

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 11 2012, 06:46 PM) *
floyd fans are typically band wagoners that have been around for a while. a lot of those guys were roy fans previously. broner is in the que for them...they won't be leaving anytime soon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

So true, I am one of these guys... Although I am a previous fan of Ali, SRR, SRL, Hagler, Herns, Duran, Tyson, Holyfield, etc... However I do love the sweet science and always will.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 11 2012, 08:52 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (wiley @ Dec 11 2012, 08:25 PM) *
So true, I am one of these guys... Although I am a previous fan of Ali, SRR, SRL, Hagler, Herns, Duran, Tyson, Holyfield, etc... However I do love the sweet science and always will.

i'll be the first to say that i am a fan of all of those great fighters as well...but over the years, i've come to realize that i am a fan of boxing more than i am a fan of any of them. sure...they led me to love the sweet science....but i do not believe any of them (collectively or individually) are bigger than the sport itself.

welcome to the forum! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Dec 11 2012, 08:53 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 11 2012, 09:33 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 11 2012, 08:15 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i'm hoping that in their moment of desperation...they hear me.

I hope they do too. You have my support here sir!

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Dec 11 2012, 09:50 PM
Post #14

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2012, 08:05 PM) *
Ever talked to a brick wall???

Leave it to Shelly!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 11 2012, 10:59 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 11 2012, 09:50 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif)

I hope Filipino fans are better than those MC Hammer fans. Man, when that dude went broke and flopped, people flaked and acted like he was a disgrace to music. Surely Manny's fans are more loyal to him and the sport as a whole.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 12 2012, 01:07 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Im guilty of being a huge Floyd fan but my favorite fighter right now is Martinez. The way he has accomplished what he has just demands respect... Ive been fine when Floyd has been gone and ill be fine when he retires. I watch Lo pro fights for the hell of it any time they are on I even really enjoy watching sparring. When Floyd and manny are gone I will be perfectly fine, they gave me many memorable moments. But I will always be a bigger fan of boxing than of a fighter. That's probably where my dislike for pac started in recent years, everybody made him seem like he was bigger than the sport no matter what he did or what he was potentially covering up.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Dec 12 2012, 05:33 AM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I'm guessing this is a troll thread lol

Also, everyone is a fan of fighters, anyone that denies this is full of it.

This post has been edited by sduck: Dec 12 2012, 05:34 AM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 12 2012, 10:21 AM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (wiley @ Dec 11 2012, 08:25 PM) *

Guilty as charged as well. Although I was never a Leonard fan.

Before Floyd, I was a big Roy Jones fan. I was also a fan of Whitaker and Toney. I also liked Manny back in the No Fear fire trunks days lol

And for a period of time I was a big Jeff Lacy fan (hangs head in shame)

I'll enjoy boxing post Floyd but I wont lie like it won't be the same. More than his skill, I admire Floyd's intellect in the ring. Hopefully Broner will bring that but I just dont see fighters think like Floyd does much anymore. I'm a big Andre Ward fan and have been for a while. Him and Floyd are a dying breed. I kinda like the kid Bryant Jennings, even though I think he's more suited as a cruiserweight.

To the original topic. I'll take it a step further. I don't think Manny is done by any means. Let's face it. Their aren't too many fighters with the ring IQ of a Marquez, that will take advantage of Manny's gaping holes in his fight game. I think Manny has 2 solid years of fights in him and I think it's a shame that so many people, especially Filipinos, turned their back on him after all he's done for their culture both in the Phillipines and in the US. Guys get knocked out. It happens.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 12 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 12 2012, 05:33 AM) *
I'm guessing this is a troll thread lol

Also, everyone is a fan of fighters, anyone that denies this is full of it.

i am a fan of some fighters more than others....

but if ur grandma has an amazing jab with good head movement and can counter punch the shit out of a crack head...i'm watching.

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Dec 13 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #20

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (wiley @ Dec 11 2012, 09:25 PM) *

This your list is so true of me as well, wiley.

As for daprof's original statement on the emerging lineage, I'm not quite sold on Broner as yet...he's quite good, but he hasn't blown me out yet, even with the DeMarco fight (to me, he was missing a lot of his punches in that fight.) And the comparison by some of that fight to Gatti-Mayweather is way out of line, IMO. Having said that, I still don't know who else takes over from Mayweather other than Broner in the current dispensation, when it comes to the style of boxing that I truly admire.

P34c3

This post has been edited by duwdu: Dec 13 2012, 01:28 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 12:10 AM