IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pac, BIG, Eminem, Big L or Nas, Who's your favorite MC?
Pac, BIG, Nas
Who's your favorite of the three?
2pac [ 3 ] ** [27.27%]
Notorious B.I.G [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Nas [ 3 ] ** [27.27%]
Eminem [ 3 ] ** [27.27%]
Big L [ 1 ] ** [9.09%]
Jay-Z [ 1 ] ** [9.09%]
Total Votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
JonnyBlaze
post Oct 27 2010, 11:44 PM
Post #11

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Oct 27 2010, 04:53 PM) *
Why isn't Jay Z getting any props?

Listen to 7 minute freestyle with Big L and you'll see why he just can't be ranked as the best..Yeah,it was one freestyle but Big L made Jay Z look REALLY BAD even though they were friends and it wasn't a battle or anything like that..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 27 2010, 11:57 PM
Post #12

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 28 2010, 04:06 AM) *
Pac wasn't the most lyrical but he was definitely ahead of his time. I remember being in the gym yesterday morning and my coach played Holla If You Hear Me. I hollered out "what you know about that Above The Rim music(movie soundtrack the song was on)" and he had no clue the song had been out that long.

Ahead of his time is the damn truth. You can hate him if you want, but a lot of the stuff he talked about is still relevant today. I personally think it's because he understood the trends of human societies in history, not just trends of today.

Canibus,when at his best probably has the best lyrics and is able to make it flow..I put him in the top 5 best ever..Big L is number 1 for me..Canibus is close behind..

Canibus most definitely had some of the illest lyrics I've ever heard, but his beat production SUCKED. That's really what killed his career IMO.

Listen to 7 minute freestyle with Big L and you'll see why he just can't be ranked as the best..Yeah,it was one freestyle but Big L made Jay Z look REALLY BAD even though they were friends and it wasn't a battle or anything like that..

Yup. Jay couldn't fuck with Big L on the freestyle. Jay Z had dope overall production. He knew how to appeal to the public ear with the overall sound of a track, not just the lyrics.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Oct 28 2010, 06:00 AM
Post #13

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Oct 28 2010, 12:44 AM) *

O.K, this thread she be changed to "Who had the best freestyle?" then. Many of the people listed has had terrible freestyles.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Oct 29 2010, 03:39 AM
Post #14

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Big L is a legend. lol compare any of Jay-Z's albums to Big L's first album...Big L spits fucking murder..since this thread is 90's rappers... Chino XL, Big Pun, REDMAN deserve mentions

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Oct 29 2010, 05:11 AM
Post #15

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

i can not believe you didn't include Vanilla Ice in this debate.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Oct 29 2010, 04:05 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

Jay-Z? Nah.

He done one AMAZING album (Reasonable Doubt) and then it was pretty much hit and miss there after imo.

Pac was great, but a little limited. How many times can you rhyme 'hennessy' 'cemetary' and 'my eyes are blurry' in one career? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Bis is and still is dope. Yeah, his production sucks, but I gotta admit, he is a favourtie of mine. He can rap over steel scratching and I'd like it, haha.

Biggie was obviously great, but his career was cut short. I would love to see what he'd be doing today.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Oct 29 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #17

The Savage

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Oct 28 2010, 06:00 AM) *
O.K, this thread she be changed to "Who had the best freestyle?" then. Many of the people listed has had terrible freestyles.

That was Big L and Jay-Z together on a track/freestyle so I used that as comparison..Big L shits on Jay-Z in every way possible..What has Jay-Z done better than Big L in terms of skills??NOTHING!!!Jay-Z is nothing compared to Big L..Big Picture and Lifestyles of the Poor and Dangerous both 2 of the best albums ever made..Both have a different feel to them..One is alittle more gangsta and the other is pure hip hop at it's best..I don't know which one I like more but I might have to go with the Big Picture..The stories on that album are mind blowing..I used to say Lifestyles was better though..Tough choice..

Also D-Marv,being a bad ass freestyler has a lot to do with being a great MC..I don't know how you could say otherwise..It's ridiculous..It shows your raw skills and how creative you are..Why do you think the best normally are great freestylers too??

Also,RA the Rugged man should be listed as one of the best..Biggie said RA was the best..RA is the total package like Big L was..Freestyles and his written..

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: Oct 29 2010, 05:07 PM

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Oct 29 2010, 05:08 PM
Post #18

The Savage

QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Oct 29 2010, 04:05 PM) *
Jay-Z? Nah.

He done one AMAZING album (Reasonable Doubt) and then it was pretty much hit and miss there after imo.

Pac was great, but a little limited. How many times can you rhyme 'hennessy' 'cemetary' and 'my eyes are blurry' in one career? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Bis is and still is dope. Yeah, his production sucks, but I gotta admit, he is a favourtie of mine. He can rap over steel scratching and I'd like it, haha.

Biggie was obviously great, but his career was cut short. I would love to see what he'd be doing today.

Biggie and Big L were cut short..

+Quote Post
BigG
post Oct 29 2010, 09:19 PM
Post #19

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Regardless I think Canibus is a legend too..like Pac, BIG, Eminem, Nas, Big L..he inspired alot of MC's.....and Nas is still at it today releasing solid shit...And the last song Canibus released was dope too...but Big L was the shit to me and #4 below Nas, BIG, and Pac.......I guess it's because I just personally loved his songs. I love how fucking hateful he was..

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Nov 2 2010, 02:27 AM
Post #20

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 30 2010, 03:19 AM) *
Regardless I think Canibus is a legend too..like Pac, BIG, Eminem, Nas, Big L..he inspired alot of MC's.....and Nas is still at it today releasing solid shit...And the last song Canibus released was dope too...but Big L was the shit to me and #4 below Nas, BIG, and Pac.......I guess it's because I just personally loved his songs. I love how fucking hateful he was..

Inside smaller circles Canibus can be considered a legend, but to the mainstream, he won't ever be compared to the likes of Biggie or Pac.

And it's interesting you liked the hateful side of Pac because what actually made me a fan of his was the other side. Songs like "Dear Mama", "Baby Don't Cry" or "Keep Ya Head Up" really made me respect him as an artist. I guess it's the ability to pull off showing emotion, yet still getting the respect of the streets is what I liked. The versatility. Proving that you can never judge a book by it's cover.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 08:19 PM