IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rampage / Evans quotes, Gold, Jerry! Gold!
Warlord
post May 19 2010, 08:11 PM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

Check out some of the comments made by Rampage and Rashad Evans over the last few weeks. I'm actually starting to look forward to this fight now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Rampage's comments after Evans beat one of his (injured) team-mates, Hector Ramirez, in June 2004.

"Rashad was still dancing around playing with his nipples back then with them little tight shorts on acting like he was doing something." Jackson went on to say "He came asking me, 'Hey, man, I want to come train with you." I thought it was real disrespectful because he fought my teammate in the tournament and he disrespected him by talking about his wrestling and dancing around. [I said], 'I don't want to train with you, man. You just disrespected my teammate.'"

Evans on Rampage

"He was my favorite fighter," Evans said. "He was my dude. He really was one of the dudes, I was like, 'Man, I want to get into fighting.' When he got his ass whooped by Wanderlei (Silva), that kind of crushed me. But still, he was still my dude."

Rampage on their burgeoning feud

"Everything was cool until he got in my face after the Jardine fight," Jackson said. "He real cocky; [He's] got the belt. He's the man, he's knocked out Chuck (Liddell). Then he knocked out this other fat guy with a head kick, so he feel like he's the man. His head is filling like a hot air balloon. So I come in the cage and I just did my job and fight his teammate, and he was supposed to be the one in the cage.

"Then, I watched the pay-per-view and he commentating on my fight, talking bad about me the whole time I'm fighting. I'm like, this guy's got some nerve. That's when I stopped liking him, right then and there. I didn't want to have nothing to do with him."

Evans on their upcoming fight

"I'm not saying I'll be like, 'Oh, man, I hate his ass, I'll never like him,'" Evans said today. "If he whoop me, or if I whoop him, I'm sure we'll probably fight again, and I'm sure we'll probably pick up right where we left off. But for the most part, after the fight, we'll probably be cool for a minute."

Rampage on their upcoming fight

"I'm a grown-ass man," he said. "This is a sport to me, this is how I get paid. But this is the first time I'm going to actually going to enjoy beating the hell out of somebody."

“A win over Rashad would be like a moral victory for me,” Jackson said. “Rashad doesn’t have a title. He couldn’t even hold onto the belt. It’s almost like I’m asking myself why I’m even fighting this guy. But then I did ‘TUF’ and now I know why. If you aren’t on the same level as someone, you should keep your mouth shut. This guy isn’t on my level. I defended my title. I don’t like the way he talks to me. He’s real fake and real cocky. For someone who hasn’t really done much in this sport…”

Evans

“Who am I to fight him? Who the (expletive) is he to fight me? I beat Forrest (Griffin), you lost to him,” interrupted Evans. “Just because you’re black, stop acting stupid. I can’t stand that attitude. Rampage does his same old thing like black-on-black crime. He just acts like he doesn’t know what’s going on for comedy. I’ve talked to him before. He’s a smart guy. He just acts stupid.”

Rampage

“At the end of the day on May 29, you know that you’re getting your ass kicked,” Jackson responded. “You go home and open your own gym and coach because you’re a good coach. You ain’t a fighter, homie. A guy like you with a glass jaw shouldn’t be talking as much as you are talking.”

Evans

“I have a glass jaw? I remember you getting rocked with a straight right hand going up against the cage against (Keith) Jardine,” Evans said. “You got a glass jaw. You’ve been knocked out many times and you were on queer street when you fought Jardine. You’re going to quit. What about the ‘Shogun’ (Mauricio Rua) fight? You quit. You sat in the corner and gave up. You were still talking while you were asleep.”

Rampage

“When I fought Jardine, I had a hurt jaw. That’s why I took that time off,” Jackson countered. “You were on queer street a long time when you fought (Thiago) Silva. You had jiggly legs and all. It was like you were gettin’ jiggy with it.”

Evans, on why he doesn't like Rampage

"He just says ignorant stuff." Evans said at the UFC 114 teleconference. "It's like that last comment," Evans says, directly to Rampage.
"You perpetuate stupidness. 'Oh don't use those big words, I don't know what that is,' mother[expletive], you're not stupid, stop acting like you're stupid. Stop acting like just because you black, you stupid. I can't stand that attitude."

"He does this little sambo thing. 'Oh black on black crime, oh I'm stupid. You can't use big words like that.' Like you don't know what the [expletive] is going on? Come on dude. I talked to this dude. This dude is pretty smart. He knows what's going on. 'Oh, it's comedy.' But why perpetuate the stereotype that you stupid?" Evans continues.

Jackson's response?

"Why you act all cocky and all fake? Be playing with your nipples and act all gay," said Jackson. "Why do you play up the stereotype of a black gay man?" Then Jackson asked Evans why he wears tiny shorts into the Octagon when he fights. "Cause you gay. You play with your nipples," said Jackson.

Evans

"I'll put my big balls in your face. Now that sounds gay. My big balls right in your face," said Evans."

Rampage

"I bet you get an [expletive] from it too," said Jackson.

Evans

"I probably will. But it'll be okay, cause it'll be in your mouth," said Evans.

Rampage on fighting Shogun WTF???

“I was young, I was a kid, full of myself. I felt like Shogun he ain’t never fought nobody, he can’t hurt me. I can still take this fight even though I was injured cause I was all about making that money, and it ended up costing me,” he recounted.

Evans, of course, responds

“At least I won’t quit, like you did when you was going against Shogun,” Rashad shouted. “You quit, just laying there like a little sucker in the corner.”

WOW. I think Rashad actually did the better trash-talking here. That shit about Rampage getting knocked out by Shogun and still stalking was hilarious. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post May 20 2010, 07:29 AM
Post #2

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

I like both guys in the ring. I used to hate Evans but after watching him go head to head with Rampage on TUF I really warmed to him & started to dislike Rampage. The way Rampage acted when all his fighters lost was pathetic & largely down to his lack of coaching ability & leadership qualities.

+Quote Post
pcraw
post May 20 2010, 02:42 PM
Post #3

The Talent

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,158

This is one I will just sit back and watch. I like both guys. The shit talk has even the casual fans interested, so lets hope they don't pull a Koscheck/Sanchez and respect the hell out of one another once the cage door gets closed!

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post May 20 2010, 04:05 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,400

audio

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post May 20 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #5

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

ive been waiting on this fight... i will be ordering this one... i hope dana white does the undercard justice.... true grudge here...

+Quote Post
Warlord
post May 20 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 20 2010, 08:29 AM) *
I like both guys in the ring. I used to hate Evans but after watching him go head to head with Rampage on TUF I really warmed to him & started to dislike Rampage. The way Rampage acted when all his fighters lost was pathetic & largely down to his lack of coaching ability & leadership qualities.

Ditto. I was never a huge Evans fan either. Not because of what he did on TUF, because honestly, I haven't watched TUF since TUF 1. I didn't like Evans simply because he was a wrestler, a pure wrestler, just the kind of fighter I hate.

But then I saw him (and a bunch of other Greg Jackson fighters) come to the ring twisting their nipples and shit, and I thought it was hilarious. GSP did it all inconspicuously, where you was like "Did he....? Naa. Couldn't be." But Rashad was all licking fingers and shit before hand, lol. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) And then he knocked out Chuck Liddell! Since then he's been okay in my book.

I also really like the way he's handling himself against Rampage. He's giving just as good, if not better, than he's taking. (Don't know if it will happen the same way in the fight.)

As for Rampage, well, I've always liked Rampage... in the ring. Sadly though, he's regressed in my opinion. He's basically just a glorified boxer now. He looks great fighting guys who will just stand in front of him. (Liddell, Silva III). In Pride he was a much more rounded fighter with nasty slams and nasty G'n'P.

Whoever wins this fight, I really don't care. I just hope it is exciting. I'm actually, at this point, picking Evans to win by upset. If he commits to leg kicks and take-downs, I can see him eeking out an ugly, unpopular victory.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post May 20 2010, 05:56 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Haha, here are some niced gifs of the nipple tweaks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

GSP "Turnin' up da riddum!" and playing it off
(IMG:http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t316/Rollins_n/25sqv48.gif)

Rashad Evans - A little more obvious
(IMG:http://i42.tinypic.com/4rc0pi.gif)

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post May 20 2010, 07:33 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

Warlord, whats the nipple tweaking thing about?

+Quote Post
Warlord
post May 20 2010, 08:20 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ May 20 2010, 07:33 PM) *
Warlord, whats the nipple tweaking thing about?

Like I said earlier, it's something all Greg Jackson's fighters do. He claims he didn't invent it though. According to him, and to Rashad, GSP was the first fighter to tweak his nips before the fight. God knows why. GSP is a funny dude. He might've been doing it because he's a pretty boy, or more likely, because he thought it might get him "excited" for the fight. Who knows. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

After that, some of the other fighters in GSP's camp started giving him a hard time about it, so Rashad went and did it too. And he knocked out Chuck Liddell! So then all the Greg Jackson fighters started doing it. GSP, Evans, Keith Jardine, and Leonard Garcia.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I think it's funny as shit. I might tweak myself this morning before I walk out the door. I'll let you guys know the results later. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Warlord
post May 20 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Greg Jackson's Camp - Turnin' up da riddum!

Georges St-Pierre
(IMG:http://i33.tinypic.com/2wn7aiq.gif)

Action: Turned up da riddum

Result: GSP by TKO

Rashad Evans
(IMG:http://i36.tinypic.com/29eq6vr.gif)

Result: Rashad by KO

Keith Jardine
(IMG:http://i34.tinypic.com/dh7qfk.gif)

Result: Jardine by Dec.

(Jardine forgot to lick his fingers first. That's why he only won by Decision.)

As stated, I'm gonna tweak myself before I walk out the door today. I recommend you guys do the same. Post the results later.)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 07:23 PM