IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is there some type of double standard??, Express yourself please!!
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2013, 10:14 PM) *
As he should be stoned to death for such an offense as eating a stripper's box. This is in the bible somewhere.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2013, 03:39 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2013, 10:16 PM) *
In a hand basket sir...in a hand basket.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

with gasoline drawers. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) fear not dolomite....i have a suite reserved! we shall make it a party!!!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2013, 03:51 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (VJones @ Mar 29 2013, 01:42 AM) *
Brut, I'm a Christian. I don't believe people are hating Jesus more and more...but the misrepresentation of Christianity (with the judgementalness and arrogance) by so-called Christians is turning many people off. And that's sad. Because Jesus (even from just a historical perspective) was pure awesomeness!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Robert Guerrero has an awkward approach to his Christianity from my perspective. I don't know him personally, so I can't say what's in his heart. But frankly, I cringe every time he mentions God...because his approach is not biblically sound and he comes across like a jerk and I'm more than aware that this makes Christianity a target for ridicule and that's the exact opposite of what a Chrisitian should want -- we should fall back so all that others see is our Christ-like behavior.

But when Robert speaks of God...it's just self-motivated and misguided. And now all of his proclamations of God using him to humble Mayweather have quickly come back to bite him in the butt. And now he's being humbled. He could face serious jail-time.

There is certainly a double-standard in the media. It is often race and mostly money driven (which sometimes is one and the same). Manny Pac for years gambled every dime he earned, cheated on his wife multiple times (publicly and without regard for her feelings or that of his children). He fathered (at least one confirmed but another alledged) children outside of his marriage, and amassed what could only be considered a small army of "security personnel" (40+) and some over 300 automatic weapons. And yet the American press continued to present him as saint and savior, humble and innocent, despite the glaring truth.

Here's the real of things. Everyone in the public eye is on stage, playing minor roles that are scripted and calculated and not indicative of who they are. And unless we know them personally....we don't know them at all. So this notion of giving RG is pass and making assumptions about his character because his portrayal of himself is that of "wholesome" but demonizing the likes of Broner because his portrayal of himself is less than wholesome...it just doesn't wash. (For the record, I think Adrien Broner seems well out of control and I wish he would choose a better image for himself. His public persona grieves me and the fast track anointing HBO, GBP, Media and some fans have given him as heir apparent is undeserved, IMO. Not that he isn't supremely talented, but he hasn't earned anything yet).

Bottom line, I like to read between all lines. And if you peer past Golden Boy and Robert G's PR machine, you'll see some shadiness and some things that just dont quite add up, despite his religious proclaimations.

The question of the moment for me is: why was this man carrying a semi-automatic weapon and 15 round clips from state to state anyway? Was it for protection? And who or what is he afraid of? If that's not worthy of at least pondering, then I don't know...

supposedly it was for a photo shoot. i'm eager to see that one proven. they went on record with it...it will be used against them.

as for the whole christian/Jesus thing....and what a true christian is or isn't supposed to be...people forget...

Jesus rolled with a prostitute, the unfortunate, drank wine and was considered a rebel by the high priests of his time. they sentenced him to death!

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Mar 29 2013, 03:52 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2013, 04:05 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 29 2013, 08:07 AM) *
Well some might point to race as the reason but I'd point to culture. It's not just that Broner is a black man. He's a black nigger. He's what racists expect out of black people. He makes money, he flaunts it, he appears to spend it frivolously, he appears obnoxious, he seems to have a polarizing charisma and he hasn't been "humbled" yet. You see, most people don't know all races can be niggers. Long before nigger became a term designated to describe oppressed black people, it meant ignorant. American media has this sick fascination with wanting to humble people. They don't want you to get too high. They have to knock you off that pedestal. We saw it happen with Lance Armstrong, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Alex Rodriguez, Michael Vick etc. All of them were polarizing figures in their respective sports and all of them had nigger moments. It's not just about being on top of your game but being too well received. American media wants to tell you when, why, adn how much you can like someone. The powers at be are looking around like "alright nigger...that's enough." One Floyd Mayweather is enough. They can label him the villan, say he's ducked every fighter they can come up with, and try to diminish his credibility and historic career. TWO Floyd Mayweathers, one in which will be armed with the tricks of the trade the original wasn't privy to early on in his career, is unacceptable. Lo and behold some of these fighters start learning how to market themselves. They start making money without some fat cat business man taking a percent. They start learning how to fight with defense instead of beating each other's brains in and shortening their careers for the sake of filling someone else's pockets. Their "nigger" starts rubbing off on "innocent" Justin Beibers of the world. Oh no...we can't have that. We can't have smart, technical fighting inside the ring and fair but lucrative business being handled outside the ring. We can't have fighters being championed for standing up for equality, transparency or ethics in the sport. You see it's easy to market the Spanish guy who speaks perfect English with the wife who has a feel good cancer survival story. Talented niggers who came from the ghetto...they're a dime a dozen. That story has been done.

well said! best post yet.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 29 2013, 04:05 PM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 29 2013, 04:39 AM) *
Yeah, I'm not sure why (other than Christ simply telling us what is sin) more and more it seems people are hating on Jesus. Robert Guerrero obviously has to do things better do if he wants to walk in the ways of the Lord because he's setting a bad example for Christianity if he allows his mouth and things like this to define him.

Meh I think every religion has had atleast one person drag its name through the mud. Christianity is just getting its fill after the world was focused on Islam for so long for the link with terrorism.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 29 2013, 04:59 PM
Post #36

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 29 2013, 03:51 PM) *
supposedly it was for a photo shoot. i'm eager to see that one proven. they went on record with it...it will be used against them.

as for the whole christian/Jesus thing....and what a true christian is or isn't supposed to be...people forget...

Jesus rolled with a prostitute, the unfortunate, drank wine and was considered a rebel by the high priests of his time. they sentenced him to death!

Yes, he did because HE said "I did not come to call the righteous but rather the sinner to repentance" and yet died and then rose and now sits at the right hand of the Father.

People have forgotten what a true Christian is supposed to be, but Christ set that example. I'm not going to pass judgment and say that RG isn't following it but he doesn't make things better for us (Christians) by pointing fingers at the sins of the heathen (in this case; Floyd), he should just be quiet about his David and Goliath story and talk strictly about boxing for now and should he win then he can tout it more that it was because of God.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 29 2013, 06:03 PM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

The only other explanation is that he wants to piss off Floyd, insulting Floyd never works he's too smart for that, but something personal to make Floyd fight a bit reckless would easily be good for RG, the mans religion is easily pretty personal but yeah it's not the worst of strategies albeit not what you'd call classy.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 29 2013, 04:05 PM) *
Meh I think every religion has had atleast one person drag its name through the mud. Christianity is just getting its fill after the world was focused on Islam for so long for the link with terrorism.

christianity is not just getting its fill....it's been getting it. from the sanction of slavery to trying to wipe out the indigenous ppls of the americas...a lot of evil has been done over the last 1000 yrs in the name of christianity. islam pales in comparison imo.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 29 2013, 04:59 PM) *
Yes, he did because HE said "I did not come to call the righteous but rather the sinner to repentance" and yet died and then rose and now sits at the right hand of the Father.

People have forgotten what a true Christian is supposed to be, but Christ set that example. I'm not going to pass judgment and say that RG isn't following it but he doesn't make things better for us (Christians) by pointing fingers at the sins of the heathen (in this case; Floyd), he should just be quiet about his David and Goliath story and talk strictly about boxing for now and should he win then he can tout it more that it was because of God.

i have no problem with it. we all call upon a higher power to help achieve things in life. it's part of who he is and what he believes makes him successful. it's not my place to judge him or floyd.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 29 2013, 07:42 PM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 29 2013, 01:39 PM) *
with gasoline drawers. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) fear not dolomite....i have a suite reserved! we shall make it a party!!!

I still have time! Easter is on Sunday so I have a shot, plus I respected her mind and her body, her brain was great... her thinking that is...lol

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 01:00 PM