IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just heard from a solid that PBF & King..., have signed a $100 million contract!
thehype
post Aug 9 2010, 11:10 AM
Post #21

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 7 2010, 05:32 PM) *
I ain't gonna bring it up til he is in the open but he is our facebook friend & his 1st name begins with G!

Gabe Montoya perhaps?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

If so, I'd LOVE to know who his solid is at DKP (because I doubt he's talking to anyone close to Mayweather).

For the record though, I still say it's smoke and mirrors.

On a side note, DK just having Floyd and Evander Holyfied (I thought Tyson was supposed to show, but I didn't notice him) at the event probably brought more eyes to it than normal.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PR316
post Aug 9 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

QUOTE (JD @ Aug 7 2010, 04:15 PM) *
Arum has won the PR war by way of Julian Jackson like KO.

And the funny thing about it is that Floyd helped Arum do it to him.

He never stood up on his behalf. He ran and hid from the media behind his team, made excuses, and now he's got this circus going on with Don King. Throw in the fact that Floyd isn't exactly the most likeable guy in the sport, and Bob Arum wins this thing going away.

Its also obvious that Arum is having Pacquiao face the likes of Margarito, Cotto, and Clottey in large part because Mayweather refused to fight those guys. I look for Top Rank to milk the hell out of Pacquiao-Margarito and do everything in their power to make this an absolute smash because that will put Floyd at a significant disadvantage at the negotiating table. And if Pacquiao absolutely beats the bloody hell out of Margarito, Arum will not allow Floyd's spoiled ass to push his man around an inch.

Floyd is that poker player who's got a 2 and 7 offsuit and has been bluffing his way through the game and everyone secretly knows he's bluffing. His leverage is all but gone now. His act of "making smart business decisions" does not play anymore. Arum and Pacquiao proceeded to call Mayweather's bluff and Floyd folded. The same guy who talked on and on about "I wanna clean up boxing" refuses to fight the guy who's considered his biggest challenge and on top of it, his BIGGEST PAY DAY..

Not a good look, Floyd....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif) Very poor.

There is no reason for this to not happen unless somebody wants it to NOT happen. Some say its Arum. I'm not so sure. Surely Bob must know that Pacquiao is not going to be fighting too much longer. I say Manny at most has 2 more years left in boxing before he dedicates himself to being a full time politician. Thats not a long time considering that PBF only fights once a year now. Why wouldn't he want to make this fight??.. The only reason I could think of his that he doesnt' like doing business with Mayweather but at the end of the day, money is money and Arum will do what he has to do to make that money.... So who???... Can't be Golden Boy.. They want to get rich too off this. We're talking the biggest fight in boxing history as far as MONEY goes right??... So who??... Who doesn't want Mayweather-Paquiao to happen??.. Who benefits most from Mayweather-Pacquiao not happening???....

Its not that much of a mystery, my friends. FLOYD MAYWEATHER, thats who.. Its not about the money. Floyd can make 20 plus million fighting somebody like Sergio Mora.. Floyd can make that kind of money fighting anybody he wants not named Pacquiao. And he knows that. So why turn down 40 plus million??...

Its all about that 0... Thats what this boils down to at the end of all the bullshit and smokescreens in the media. Floyd may not be scared of the man Pacquiao himself. But I truly believe Floyd is very afraid of losing. I don't think he could handle the mere thought of losing. Which is why as he's moved up in weight he's gotten more careful and selective about which fights to take. And since Floyd has come back, nothing's changed.

This whole thing with King may or may not be true but it doesn't matter. The fight won't happen simply because Floyd doesn't want it.

This post has been edited by PR316: Aug 9 2010, 11:49 AM

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 9 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #23

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Member No.: 2

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

I think all that could have been posted in another thread.

On a side note, Mayweather vs. Pacquiao could have taken place on May 1 of this year if Arum was really interested in making the fight.

+Quote Post
Keith
post Aug 9 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #24

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,273

I'm not even sure I want to see them fight anymore.

I love the Pac Margarito matchup and I could care less if Floyd ever fights again.

+Quote Post
Nay_Sayer
post Aug 9 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #25

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 9 2010, 12:05 PM) *
On a side note, Mayweather vs. Pacquiao could have taken place on May 1 of this year if Arum was really interested in making the fight.

Exactly.

Either Arum or Pacquiao or both left 40-50 million dollars on the table due to drug testing.

Can someone please explain the logic in their actions?

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 9 2010, 01:59 PM
Post #26

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (PR316 @ Aug 9 2010, 12:48 PM) *
This whole thing with King may or may not be true but it doesn't matter. The fight won't happen simply because Floyd doesn't want it.

How does Mayweather not want the fight to happen? There has been one legitimate attempt at negotiating the fight and Mayweather agreed to the 10 million for each pound over and made concessions with the drug testing.

QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 9 2010, 01:05 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

I think all that could have been posted in another thread.

Arum couldn't make that fight happen, Pacquiao was: scared of needles, scared of blood, weak during the Morales loss, agreeing to the 14 day cutoff, denying he'd agree to a 14 day cutoff, and now agreeing to the 14 day cutoff after the negotiations have long passed.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Aug 9 2010, 02:03 PM
Post #27

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

After the fight in St Louis this past weekend, Floyd was seen hanging out with Sam Watson who works with Al Hayman.

I'm not sure what's going on but I'll be interested in seeing how this thing plays out.

+Quote Post
sweetscientist1
post Aug 9 2010, 03:16 PM
Post #28

SoCali Cum Guzzler

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,549

QUOTE (PR316 @ Aug 9 2010, 12:48 PM) *

He never stood up on his behalf. He ran and hid from the media behind his team, made excuses, and now he's got this circus going on with Don King. Throw in the fact that Floyd isn't exactly the most likeable guy in the sport, and Bob Arum wins this thing going away.

Its also obvious that Arum is having Pacquiao face the likes of Margarito, Cotto, and Clottey in large part because Mayweather refused to fight those guys. I look for Top Rank to milk the hell out of Pacquiao-Margarito and do everything in their power to make this an absolute smash because that will put Floyd at a significant disadvantage at the negotiating table. And if Pacquiao absolutely beats the bloody hell out of Margarito, Arum will not allow Floyd's spoiled ass to push his man around an inch.

Floyd is that poker player who's got a 2 and 7 offsuit and has been bluffing his way through the game and everyone secretly knows he's bluffing. His leverage is all but gone now. His act of "making smart business decisions" does not play anymore. Arum and Pacquiao proceeded to call Mayweather's bluff and Floyd folded. The same guy who talked on and on about "I wanna clean up boxing" refuses to fight the guy who's considered his biggest challenge and on top of it, his BIGGEST PAY DAY..

There is no reason for this to not happen unless somebody wants it to NOT happen. Some say its Arum. I'm not so sure. Surely Bob must know that Pacquiao is not going to be fighting too much longer. I say Manny at most has 2 more years left in boxing before he dedicates himself to being a full time politician. Thats not a long time considering that PBF only fights once a year now. Why wouldn't he want to make this fight??.. The only reason I could think of his that he doesnt' like doing business with Mayweather but at the end of the day, money is money and Arum will do what he has to do to make that money.... So who???... Can't be Golden Boy.. They want to get rich too off this. We're talking the biggest fight in boxing history as far as MONEY goes right??... So who??... Who doesn't want Mayweather-Paquiao to happen??.. Who benefits most from Mayweather-Pacquiao not happening???....

Its not that much of a mystery, my friends. FLOYD MAYWEATHER, thats who.. Its not about the money. Floyd can make 20 plus million fighting somebody like Sergio Mora.. Floyd can make that kind of money fighting anybody he wants not named Pacquiao. And he knows that. So why turn down 40 plus million??...

Its all about that 0... Thats what this boils down to at the end of all the bullshit and smokescreens in the media. Floyd may not be scared of the man Pacquiao himself. But I truly believe Floyd is very afraid of losing. I don't think he could handle the mere thought of losing. Which is why as he's moved up in weight he's gotten more careful and selective about which fights to take. And since Floyd has come back, nothing's changed.

+Quote Post
sweetscientist1
post Aug 9 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #29

SoCali Cum Guzzler

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,549

Dude, sorry to tell you. That this point of view you have is absolute fantasy. I mean, I've read really bad commentary before, but dam. This really is the silliest shit I've ever read. The man that holds the cards is the man that earns the biggest paydays. And he ain't with Top Rank! Also, as for King. I'm sure Arum would welcome his old nemesis to the negotiating table because "with DON KING, WE KNOW THE FIGHT WILL BE MADE". See man, it's time for scrubs like you to really open there eyes and get off Manny's crotch! The fact of the matter is that both of these fighters badly want this fight. The politics of dancing are so strong that Floyd is looking for another way to get this fight made, because his current group obviously can't get it done. So Floydie is being proactive in his own way to make it happen on his terms. Go Floyd!! Fuck the Naysayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 9 2010, 04:02 PM
Post #30

The Consultant

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (PR316 @ Aug 9 2010, 11:48 AM) *

Couldn't have said it better.

Jack

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 10:43 PM