> FLOYD MAYWEATHER, Better fighter now than in the past
Dolimite
post Dec 4 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 3 2013, 05:56 PM) *
I think it is more of Pac having shown nothing that would seem to trouble mayweather... He was kod by a less effective counter puncher than Floyd and out boxed by a lesser boxer than Floyd. Hopefully he and Pac fight-- I see it being EASY WORK for Floyd but I want to see it.

The question is, how can Pac beat Mayweather? Pac has never been close to a fighter of May's caliber. what did uncle Roger say? Speed don't mean shit if you don't know how to use it. Manny looked hesitate against Rios, RIOS! His foot work is what got him TKO by JMM. You are going to need more than speed to beat May. Is Pac smarter than Mayweather inside the ring?

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 4 2013, 01:00 AM) *
clearly has, speed and angles. He was KOed by a less effective counter puncher but that's simply because Marquez is a more aggressive counter puncher than Floyd

Thank you!
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 4 2013, 06:54 AM) *
True indeed. But Marquez's aggression played against him in all 4 meetings, until he finally landed the shot he'd been looking for in the previous meetings between he and Manny. Mayweather doesn't have the pop of Marquez but he's an assassin, accuracy is just as important as power and he's then most accurate in the game...Emmanuel Steward would always say something about Floyd that I believe to this day and that's if he wanted to, he could stop these guys.

I too, believe that if he would've stepped up the offense a bit more that he could've stopped Mosley, he definitely could've stopped Cotto in that last round but he buzzed him and then started moving as if his mission was complete. Even in 09, his fight against Marquez he could've got him out of there before the 10th imo. He just doesn't go for it like others, he's content to go rounds. He and Marquez are assassins but Mayweather is deadly accurate with his shots and that would pose a serious problem to Pacquiao

Let;s not forget the Bradley fight. He did nothing to serious hurt or stop Bradley from walking him down. Reminder, Bradley had a hurt ankle and Pac still could not impose his will. Against skilled fighters he looks terrible but against brawlers he looks great, Mosley even clocked him and Mosley has been past it. I do not think May is in love with the KO. I think he likes to know that he is the superior boxer, he performs for himself.
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 4 2013, 07:15 AM) *
Before I answer respond to the OP, can we stop saying Marquez landed one shot? That was the SECOND knockdown score for JMM of the fight. He didn't get lucky. He was countering Manny all night. And as far as Manny's speed, #1 Floyd is fast as well. #2 Floyd's jab to the belly (which is his most underrated punch IMO) can negate that. He did it to Oscar. He did it to Cotto. He did it to Guerrero.

As far as the OP, I thought Floyd may be losing a step when he fought Cotto. Maybe it was all talk and he really wasn't trying to mix it up. Maybe he just ran out of gas finally. Then I saw him vs Guerrero. Then I saw him vs Canelo. That wasn't "Money" Mayweather out there. That was Pretty Boy Floyd! That was the fighter that turned me from an occasional casual fan to a guy who loves boxing almost 2 decades ago. I don't if it's the addition of Sr, I don't know if it's even more dedication to his craft, I don't know if it was the time in jail etc etc etc. All I know is, the Floyd that fought in those last 2 fights was moving in the ring better than he has probably since the Marquez fight. Maybe even better than that. Floyd's footwork hasn't been that good since he fought Carlos Baldomir....and That's SCARY! To have those physical gifts with all that ring IQ. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shok.gif)

THIS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 12:42 PM