> Andre Ward Wants JCC Jr., SMH
Dolimite
post Mar 31 2013, 09:20 PM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-ward-eyes...showdown--63923

So he does want a pay day and he does want to be a PPV star and he wants recognition. I guess being at the MGM for the Rios and Alvarado fight made him realize that maybe the "little man" was right. He should be getting paid way more than he is and he should be getting big arenas outside of Oak Town. How is Guerrero who is nothing compared to Ward skill wise and people he has fought getting the biggest pay day of his career and getting big time exposure versus Ward? The questions have to be running through Andre's head. Not only that but how is a bum like Chavez Jr. bringing in more bank then an Olympic Gold winner?

As far as the fight goes it is bullshit on its highest level. If he can call JCC Jr. out he better call out Sergio or GGG. Either Ward goes up to Light Heavy weight or he needs to takes fights at a 164 pound catch weight to get some popular names under his belt. Plus his management team is not helping. He needs an image, not so much a asshole one but something that will get the fans asses at his fights. I would not pay to see this fight because JCC Jr. skill is not even close enough to handle Ward now he does have a punchers chance but that is it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 31 2013, 09:35 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Coincidence that mayweather just called him out on his numbers and stuff?

If I'm jcc Jr I would leave the country.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 1 2013, 02:34 AM
Post #3

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 31 2013, 09:20 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-ward-eyes...showdown--63923

So he does want a pay day and he does want to be a PPV star and he wants recognition. I guess being at the MGM for the Rios and Alvarado fight made him realize that maybe the "little man" was right. He should be getting paid way more than he is and he should be getting big arenas outside of Oak Town. How is Guerrero who is nothing compared to Ward skill wise and people he has fought getting the biggest pay day of his career and getting big time exposure versus Ward? The questions have to be running through Andre's head. Not only that but how is a bum like Chavez Jr. bringing in more bank then an Olympic Gold winner?

As far as the fight goes it is bullshit on its highest level. If he can call JCC Jr. out he better call out Sergio or GGG. Either Ward goes up to Light Heavy weight or he needs to takes fights at a 164 pound catch weight to get some popular names under his belt. Plus his management team is not helping. He needs an image, not so much a asshole one but something that will get the fans asses at his fights. I would not pay to see this fight because JCC Jr. skill is not even close enough to handle Ward now he does have a punchers chance but that is it.

Sergio don't want it cuz, nobody on his team want it with Ward either. Ward been tried to get at Maravilla. I like Golovkin and he's going to do some big things but what has he done to warrant a fight with Ward?

And I'd love to see this fight, if JCC jr can get a few W's under his belt at 168, this would be a dream matchup. You need names to build your legacy, Sergio don't want to put his name on the ledger, Golovkin aint big enough. He stands more to gain by beating Chavez jr. TBH, aint nobody in 160, 168, and definitely not 175 touching Andre.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 1 2013, 06:22 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

I like Ward and all but wheres the outrage for him to move up? Hes on Floyds level and hes already cleaned out his division. In fact he cleaned it out years ago. Whats keeping him at 168?

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 1 2013, 06:50 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I like this attempt by Ward. JCC Jr wont step into the same area code as Ward. Arum aint having it and Sulaiman aint having it. If and this is a big IF, it were to happen, it will be in Mexico and Ward will have to agree to fight with one hand behind his back, plus he'll have to fight a bull prior to entering the ring.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 1 2013, 07:46 AM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

As mean spirited as Floyd's comments seemed, maybe there was some method to his madness. I think Ward got the memo, whether it was Floyd's place to be the messenger or not. You don't have to ignore your morals to be a great fighter but you damn sure have to bring something more than skill to get title fights nowadays. Thinking you're just going to walk around as the good mannered family man and guys will come to you will sure nuff' have your career looking like Winky Wright's. A talented guy that nobody wants to fight and they don't have to because he isn't selling enough tickets for that ass whooping to be worth the risk.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Apr 1 2013, 08:03 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 1 2013, 08:12 AM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 31 2013, 10:20 PM) *
As far as the fight goes it is bullshit on its highest level. If he can call JCC Jr. out he better call out Sergio or GGG.

So....anything that Floyd does, you praise it and make party plans for it. Now that Ward wants to make some type of money and get the recognition that he truly deserves, it's "bullshit"?!

Fuck Sergio and GGG...neither of those guys truly want to rumble with Ward. I believe we saw it in both of their recent fights, they cant and wont deal with a boxer, that's as physical as Ward.

This fight has "money" and "exposure" written all over it...and it also has "Chavez Sr. vs Taylor" written all over it. If Ward and Mayweather are on the same level skill-wise, then he should be given that same type of respect for fighting whoever, especially if guys are on Floyd's nuts about fighting Guerrero. One would have to agree that this fight sounds better than Ward vs Pavlik.

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 1 2013, 07:22 AM) *
I like Ward and all but wheres the outrage for him to move up? Hes on Floyds level and hes already cleaned out his division. In fact he cleaned it out years ago. Whats keeping him at 168?

If anything, this fight should keep him there in the meantime. It seems like LHW is starting to get itself back together, so it should be good and ready for him when he moves up. There needs to be a some type of "big" fight waiting for him when he moves up, or it will be the same for him, as it was at 168.

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 1 2013, 07:50 AM) *
I like this attempt by Ward. JCC Jr wont step into the same area code as Ward. Arum aint having it and Sulaiman aint having it. If and this is a big IF, it were to happen, it will be in Mexico and Ward will have to agree to fight with one hand behind his back, plus he'll have to fight a bull prior to entering the ring.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think that Arum will try to sabotage this one. He'll let Julio get some exposure off of Ward's name (translation: make the public think that Julio is still a good enough threat to face a good boxer), then he'll do away with the fight.

What happened in the 12th round of the Martinez fight, goes to show the public that no matter how much a fighter is in control when fighting Julio, they have to fight for the WHOLE 36 minutes. If Martinez can fall victim to a late rally, then surely Arum will sell it to the public as if Ward can too.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 1 2013, 08:15 AM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I don't think Sergio wants it with Ward. I think Triple G might want it, but I damn sure know he can't handle it lmao GGG is gangsta so I don't think he'll run but I don't think he'll be proud of his decision once it's over.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 1 2013, 08:25 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 1 2013, 09:15 AM) *
I don't think Sergio wants it with Ward. I think Triple G might want it, but I damn sure know he can't handle it lmao GGG is gangsta so I don't think he'll run but I don't think he'll be proud of his decision once it's over.

I love how that dude is willing to fight anybody, or so his team says. Honestly, I believe they're just looking for a big fight too...but you know what they say..."Be careful you ask for, or you may just get it".

As you said, he may not be happy with the decision when its over. At 168, that's a tall order.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 1 2013, 11:17 AM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

I so hope and pray that AW gets to beat the brakes of this bum, I never like JLC Sr (I felt he got a few gift decisions, especially the Sweet P fight) and I'm no fan of Jr either.

Please AW do us all a favor and put this overblown hype machine out of boxing for good or at least make him move to LHW or CW where he belongs.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 04:40 AM