Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BRADLEY VS MAYWEATHER, talk is Bradley deserves a shot
MAHDI
post Oct 14 2013, 09:55 AM
Post #1

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

How would this fight look? Is it even worth discussing?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 14 2013, 10:51 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Oct 14 2013, 07:55 AM) *
How would this fight look? Is it even worth discussing?

I know this is going to sound strange but I have always felt the one boxer that could give Mayweather headaches would be Tim Bradley. Tim, like Floyd, finds ways to win. No matter how ugly or pretty he just finds a way to win. Because Bradley is mentally tough and can actually box, Floyd would have to bring all his tricks to the ring. Bradley moves well and he has a nice jab. I love this fight. Someone's 0 would have to go. The problem is, Bradley is with Top Rank and HBO. because Bob hates Tim I can see him leasing Tim for one night. Or Tim can leave TR and be a free agent. I think he is contract expires with TR in March, which is plenty of time for him to fight in May. I would love to see this fight. Tim is rightfully the second best WW in boxing. Plus he has the WBO belt which I am sure Floyd would not mind adding to his collection. I say make this fight happen.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 14 2013, 11:21 AM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 14 2013, 10:51 AM) *
I know this is going to sound strange but I have always felt the one boxer that could give Mayweather headaches would be Tim Bradley. Tim, like Floyd, finds ways to win. No matter how ugly or pretty he just finds a way to win. Because Bradley is mentally tough and can actually box, Floyd would have to bring all his tricks to the ring. Bradley moves well and he has a nice jab. I love this fight. Someone's 0 would have to go. The problem is, Bradley is with Top Rank and HBO. because Bob hates Tim I can see him leasing Tim for one night. Or Tim can leave TR and be a free agent. I think he is contract expires with TR in March, which is plenty of time for him to fight in May. I would love to see this fight. Tim is rightfully the second best WW in boxing. Plus he has the WBO belt which I am sure Floyd would not mind adding to his collection. I say make this fight happen.

That's not enough time to get the finances set for a Mayweather ppv. March? Cmon now you got to line up sponsors, press tour, undercard and that would require GB to negotiate quickly with Tim. It's just not going to work

I do believe he is more deserving of a fight with Mayweather then any of the current options but his involvement with Arum makes this fight a non starter until he leaves....and if they were to ever fight I got Floyd by UD, speed kills and Floyd will frustrate Bradley with his pinpoint accuracy

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 14 2013, 12:56 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I'm with Mrchitown. That seems like a super short turnaround. Not to mention, while Bradley beat Marquez, he didn't exactly boost his popularity. It wasn't a very entertaining fight. I can see Gb welcoming Tim with open arms but saying "whoa whoa whoa...we have a host of guys at 140-147 pushing for a shot at Floyd." This would be a perfect time to implement a tournament. Everyone can eat. I would really like to see Bradley vs Garcia or Broner.

I also don't get where this idea that Bradley is cemented in as the undisputed #3 P4P fighter in the world. Neither Marquez nor Pacquiao were in that position. He didn't dominate either fight. So I don't get how beating them guarantees him that honor lol

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 14 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Id like to see Bradley vs Khan if Khan gets some wins under his belt.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 14 2013, 02:40 PM
Post #6

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

I had a discussion w/ someone about 3-4 years ago and this person said, "If anyone is going to beat Floyd, it's gonna be one of these young lions, like Bradley..." I laughed at it then and halfway chuckle at it now....but I'm not LAUGHING any longer about Tim. I think his quickness could make Floyd a bit hesitant in the beginning.....however; the fact he has pillows connected to his wrists, won't keep Floyd at bay for long. I agree w/ Chi, Floyd by UD or late TKO. Bradley can be hurt and I think he'd have to be the aggressor vs. Floyd, b/c sitting on the outside, well, is like throwing the fight. He gets picked apart from out there. I think he has to use that "kevlar" head of his and try to rough Floyd up. It would be interesting....well, that is, until.....about Rd. 8.

I, too, would like to see Khan vs. Bradley, IN England. Negotiate for some U.K. "bread" and potentially pick up a victory.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 14 2013, 02:56 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 14 2013, 08:21 AM) *
That's not enough time to get the finances set for a Mayweather ppv. March? Cmon now you got to line up sponsors, press tour, undercard and that would require GB to negotiate quickly with Tim. It's just not going to work

I do believe he is more deserving of a fight with Mayweather then any of the current options but his involvement with Arum makes this fight a non starter until he leaves....and if they were to ever fight I got Floyd by UD, speed kills and Floyd will frustrate Bradley with his pinpoint accuracy

In no way would I pick Bradley to beat Mayweather, but I do believe it will be an interesting matchup. The fight doesn't have to take place in May, that should be for Danny Garcia, he should fight Tim in September. I am wholly against May fight Khan under any circumstances.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 14 2013, 03:01 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

I thought JMM was the most deserving but we all know he didn't want it. Since Tim beat him, he takes his spot IMO. Then Danny Garcia is the next worthy opponent. Doesn't matter who Floyd fights. He's going to get paid. How would a fight against an undefeated not sell???

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 14 2013, 03:04 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 14 2013, 12:01 PM) *
I thought JMM was the most deserving but we all know he didn't want it. Since Tim beat him, he takes his spot IMO. Then Danny Garcia is the next worthy opponent. Doesn't matter who Floyd fights. He's going to get paid. How would a fight against an undefeated not sell???

That means Floyd would have a chance to take 2 0s in one calender season. Which would be remarkable. If he took Danny's and Tim's O that would be something. Both are sellers.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 14 2013, 03:07 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 14 2013, 03:04 PM) *
That means Floyd would have a chance to take 2 0s in one calender season. Which would be remarkable. If he took Danny's and Tim's O that would be something. Both are sellers.

Very remarkable.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 03:05 AM