Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Happened to Prince Naseem Hamed?
Allmenjoi8
post Nov 27 2011, 04:53 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

Prince Naseem had to be one of my favorite 90s boxers. Flashy, talk smacked, and he could fight. After he left the sport he disappeared, does anyone know what happen to him? My favorite Prince fight by the way was against Kevin Kelly. Kelly actually came out of retirement to fight him. It was great. What was yall's favorite fight of the Prince?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 27 2011, 05:52 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

well a lot will say the barerra fight cause he got his ass beat, but it was the kevin kelley fight, good fight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

hes a manager now or some light heavyweight i think

This post has been edited by mgrover: Nov 27 2011, 05:53 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 27 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

As far as I know, Marco Antonio Barrera whooped his ass and crushed his confidence in their Vegas bout early in the 2000's. As far as the Kelly bout...Kelly gave Hamed all he had, he just couldn't take what he was giving and Hamed took advantage of it.

Dude is the greatest and he makes Hatton and Khan look like Disney characters compared to him. He had bad balance when he fought, and he thought TOO much of himself, but his arrogance is one of the driving characteristics that made him what he was. I remember those long ass entrances of his (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Nov 27 2011, 10:23 PM
Post #4

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 27 2011, 05:57 PM) *
As far as I know, Marco Antonio Barrera whooped his ass and crushed his confidence in their Vegas bout early in the 2000's. As far as the Kelly bout...Kelly gave Hamed all he had, he just couldn't take what he was giving and Hamed took advantage of it.

Dude is the greatest and he makes Hatton and Khan look like Disney characters compared to him. He had bad balance when he fought, and he thought TOO much of himself, but his arrogance is one of the driving characteristics that made him what he was. I remember those long ass entrances of his (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I remember he came out to "Whoa" when he fought Augie Sanchez.....I was thinking, "Hot song, but dude is so off rhythm he is dancing to the words." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/taunt.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 27 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Ha! I dont even remember that one, lol. I remember the 10 minute dance-off he did the Men in Black song for the Kelly fight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) That shit was funny and annoying at the same time!

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Nov 28 2011, 12:06 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 27 2011, 11:23 PM) *
I remember he came out to "Whoa" when he fought Augie Sanchez.....I was thinking, "Hot song, but dude is so off rhythm he is dancing to the words." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/taunt.gif)

I am sure Black Rob was like "they play my music over there and people like it?" That along with This is How we Do it has to be one of the most annoying songs ever recorded along with Who Let the Dogs Out, Atomic Dog (Going to an HBCU you heard that song so freaking much), The Cha Cha, the list can go on wait wait Getting Jiggy with It I did not understand why Will Smith wasted time making that song. Look the point is that song was and is terrible.

Naseem had psudeo Swagger but he could not dance for crap. If Naseem stuck around do you feel he could of give Floyd, Pac, or even JMM fits? I would of loved to see the trash talk between Floyd and Naseem.

Be on the look out for this fighter name Dargan (his last name), he is being trained by Brother Nazeem and he is freaking quick!!!!

This post has been edited by Allmenjoi8: Nov 28 2011, 12:14 AM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 2 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

the prince was the last showman boxing has had. i didn't like him in the beginning...but he grew on me. it would have been nice to see him bounce back and make another run at it after the barrera fight...but i think he was finally figured out and that pretty much made his unorthordox style useless. couple that with 9/11 and the death threats the dude was getting...he was pretty much done.

+Quote Post
Sunni6Killer
post Dec 2 2011, 07:03 PM
Post #8

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,998

Too many bean pies.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 2 2011, 07:23 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Dec 2 2011, 07:03 PM) *
Too many bean pies.

really!? sunni6killer!?

doesn't someone review screen names before they're approved? what's next??? christian6killer? jew6killer?

that's some messed up shit. this board should hold its' members to higher standards. this is offensive and unacceptable.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 2 2011, 07:58 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 2 2011, 02:03 PM) *
the prince was the last showman boxing has had. i didn't like him in the beginning...but he grew on me. it would have been nice to see him bounce back and make another run at it after the barrera fight...but i think he was finally figured out and that pretty much made his unorthordox style useless. couple that with 9/11 and the death threats the dude was getting...he was pretty much done.

Did he really get death threats? Are you kidding me? Wow. A country he fought for turned on him. That had to hurt

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 08:14 PM