Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which is worse??, Your personal worst of the evils
checkleft
post Nov 3 2012, 05:03 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

1) Using knuckle pads (Pacman, Trinidad)

2) Plaster of Paris (Margarito, Resto)

3) Diarrhetics/Weight loss supplements (Chavez Jr, Morales)

4) Steroids (Mosley, Berto, Tarver)

5) Stamina Enhancers (Resto, Morales, maybe Pryor)

I do a little boxing, my little brother does a lot of boxing, and I have a lot if friends involved in it as well. To me I think I would say the worst ones in my personal opinion would have to be the knuckle pads/plaster and the stamina enhancers. Personally anyone who hardens their hands is garbage and should be in prison or banned for life. The stamina enhancers is a strong point with me because as your sustaining damage you have greater lung capacity then your opponent therefore your brain receives more oxygen so not only are you performing better because you don't tire physically, you are possibilly better at making decisions mentally because you are not fatigued and your thinking more clearly.

For me steroids in boxing is sort of like how I see it in basketball, yes it MIGHT play a factor but in the end there is so much skill, technique, and craft involved that it could not be a factor at all. Don't get me wrong it is still a sin in boxing but its just not my personal top one

What do you guys think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Nov 3 2012, 10:54 AM
Post #2

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

Definitely the knuckle pads and plaster. They have a direct impact from round 1 to round 12.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Nov 3 2012, 11:32 AM
Post #3

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

1) Plaster

2) Knuckle Pads

3) Steroids/Peds

4) Stamina Enhancers

5) Diuretics

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Nov 3 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

I consider stamina enhancers and steroids/PEDs to be the same thing. They all directly enhance performance. Apart from that my list is essentially the same as Plah's

+Quote Post
sduck
post Nov 3 2012, 05:27 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I think I pretty much agree with you checkleft....

+Quote Post
flazi
post Nov 5 2012, 03:46 PM
Post #6

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

plaster. the damage of those left in its wake is saddening. Cotto hasn't been the same and the dude resto fought killed himself.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Nov 5 2012, 03:48 PM
Post #7

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

thinking back, how many other margarito oppenents never been the same after they fought? so far only one comes to my mind, hercules kyevelos (sp?).

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 5 2012, 06:03 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 3 2012, 05:03 AM) *
1) Using knuckle pads (Pacman, Trinidad)

2) Plaster of Paris (Margarito, Resto)

3) Diarrhetics/Weight loss supplements (Chavez Jr, Morales)

4) Steroids (Mosley, Berto, Tarver)

5) Stamina Enhancers (Resto, Morales, maybe Pryor)

I do a little boxing, my little brother does a lot of boxing, and I have a lot if friends involved in it as well. To me I think I would say the worst ones in my personal opinion would have to be the knuckle pads/plaster and the stamina enhancers. Personally anyone who hardens their hands is garbage and should be in prison or banned for life. The stamina enhancers is a strong point with me because as your sustaining damage you have greater lung capacity then your opponent therefore your brain receives more oxygen so not only are you performing better because you don't tire physically, you are possibilly better at making decisions mentally because you are not fatigued and your thinking more clearly.

For me steroids in boxing is sort of like how I see it in basketball, yes it MIGHT play a factor but in the end there is so much skill, technique, and craft involved that it could not be a factor at all. Don't get me wrong it is still a sin in boxing but its just not my personal top one

What do you guys think?

knuckle pads are not against the rules. i suggest you do more research. trinidad and pacquiao have not broken any rules.

what margarito did....and what resto did are two different things. margarito had inserts with plaster of paris like substance. resto's gloves had the padding removed. both are bad imo.

diarrhettics do more harm to the fighter taking them than anyone.

steroids don't enhance a persons skills...that's for sure. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

stamina enhancers are wrong.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 5 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (flazi @ Nov 5 2012, 03:48 PM) *
thinking back, how many other margarito oppenents never been the same after they fought? so far only one comes to my mind, hercules kyevelos (sp?).

how many sparring partners? i know a couple.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 5 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 5 2012, 06:03 PM) *
knuckle pads are not against the rules. i suggest you do more research. trinidad and pacquiao have not broken any rules.

what margarito did....and what resto did are two different things. margarito had inserts with plaster of paris like substance. resto's gloves had the padding removed. both are bad imo.

diarrhettics do more harm to the fighter taking them than anyone.

steroids don't enhance a persons skills...that's for sure. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

stamina enhancers are wrong.

Knuckle pads (rolls of tape and gause on the knuckle) are illegal in New York, Vegas, and I think California. And both Trinidad and pacquiao have been caught doing it by Richardson and I believe both were made to rewrap their hands.

And I believe Resto admitted to having his wraps dipped in plaster of Paris on top of getting the padding removed for that fight and a few others.

Definitely agree with you on the steroids part.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 05:08 AM