IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Stevenson-Fonfana:SPOILERS, No New Threads or Public Streams
daprofessor
post Jun 1 2014, 05:46 AM
Post #101

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 25 2014, 01:32 PM) *
You think that means they'd own him in a fight?

i know it won't be one sided. i'd favor charlo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 1 2014, 05:52 AM
Post #102

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 25 2014, 07:24 PM) *
Can you guys tell me how Fonfara performed in the fight? I know it went the distance but I'm seeing things like he exposed Stevenson and he's going to be one of the top guys in a few yrs. I've had the chance to watch him many times and I never saw anything special about him. He's a tough guy type fighter.

Professor has said it, the sparring here burns some guys out and I think he may be a victim of that, if he and his team really want to press forward then they should relocate his training camps. It's some fighters here in Chicago who could be great but it's various things that prevent it

i have to say that fonfara needs more skill. he was squaring up. his attack was too predictable. he has plenty of potential...and yes he is tough...but he's missing key ingredients. if he can get those ingredients and avoid them gym wars...he may be something in the future.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 1 2014, 05:56 AM
Post #103

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 26 2014, 12:25 AM) *
I would also take Kovalev. I think that Stevenson is too one-dimensional. He's got that Bob Foster physique, but he's no Bob Foster. "Superman" has power and a good heart. He's a good champion, but not great. Thing is, what do we really know about Kovalev as well?

Right now, I don't think Stevenson gets past Hopkins. Bernard knows too many traps and tricks. He's going to be "Superman's" Kryptonite. I think Hopkins could give both Stevenson and Kovalev problems, and beat both of them.

Jack

i agree.

i wasn't all excited about kovalevs wins over campillo and silakh. both of those guys were coming off wars. both had shitty defense. you've never seen bhop stalked and dropped. pascal dropped him in an exchange. bhop won't get into the exchanges with kovalev or stevenson. he's going to undress them and take them into deep waters.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 1 2014, 06:09 AM
Post #104

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 26 2014, 12:09 PM) *
No it was at the Guerrero fight, of all fights lmao

Insecurities in men is a disgusting , he let his emotions get the best of him

i thought your girl was talking shit and got you into that? i would have been like martin with that one.

go to 4:45 mark...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 1 2014, 06:14 AM
Post #105

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 26 2014, 12:28 PM) *
Stevenson is seriously going to have to go back to the lab and work on his craft of he expects to have any chance at beating Bernard. He faded badly in the fight, I guess big bear ain't helping all the fighters because he was on fumes for the better part of the fight.

That was a nice body shot he knocked Fonfara down with. His activity level is horrendous. He won the fight hands down but he could've made things so much easier for himself. All that smiling and waving his hands in the air was bullshit. While he was doing that Fonfara was lining up the left hook right hand which eventually dropped Stevenson. I saw a whole lot of things that worries me about Stevenson heading into a fight with Hopkins

i think it was fonfara who trained at big bear. he took those body shots well and kept coming.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 1 2014, 06:18 AM
Post #106

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ May 27 2014, 11:16 AM) *
Both Stevenson and Kovalev will get confounded by old man Iron chin.. the stage is set for Hopkins to be a 50 year old Undisputed 175 pound champ.... Hopkins is a God. His accomplishments make him one of the top ten fighters ever to lace them up in my book.. on longevity alone is a LEGEND--- Stevenson is 36 and no Spring Chicken.. Kovalev? dude is major question mark.. WHERE THE HELL IS ANDRE "SO CALLED" SON OF GOD WARD?.... I think he could move up and confound Stevenson

i agree. ward is leaving money on the table. bhop is about to take it all. i also agree about him being top ten atg if he can become undisputed. he'll be the only fighter in history to have all four titles in two weight divisions. and all at the age of 50. that is amazing for any era.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 1 2014, 06:23 AM
Post #107

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 28 2014, 11:14 AM) *
Nope, sure didn't. Well let me put it this way, her spending habits appeared to be frugal, so I didn't see a need to set many ground rules. Our only rule was..."if you a bill that takes more 30 seconds to post to the account, then give the company the SAVING's account number, transfer the money to that account, and let it take as long it wants, to clear".

Mind you, I moved my stuff to her account, and she THOUGHT she had all of her lingering bills set up in the saving's account...totally forgot about the student loans. She though that her forbearance began the FOLLOWING month, but c'mon now, they tell you on the phone, EXACTLY when the forbearance starts.

I ended up going out with my friends that night, and had to ask HER for some damn money, since I was such a dingbat when it came to actually having a saving's account with money it in...not one of those saving's account that use when I write checks and have lingering bills pending. The fight came when I asked her for some fuckin money, and I get a, "What do you need $80 for one night for? You're going to Wet Willie's, it's not gonna cost you $80". BITCH, those were MY plans, and I HAD some money before you overdrew the damn account.

Wait, bounty hunters?! Tell me more!

Tell me about it. I barely had enough money for the weekend, so bail money was out of the question. Not to mention that one of the dudes that he was confronting, had a cauliflower ear, and the other two looked like freakin Crossfit instructors. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Even if I had bail money, I would've been pissed off anyway and thinking..."Damn, I could've made some punk ass daiquiris at home for half the price". However, my girlfriend was at the house, so I probably would've ended up choking her out anyway...so I had to pick my poison. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

we should start a joint account for practice. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 1 2014, 09:11 PM
Post #108

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 1 2014, 06:14 AM) *
i think it was fonfara who trained at big bear. he took those body shots well and kept coming.

You sure? I thought Stevenson trained at big bear for a few weeks for this fight

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 2 2014, 02:15 PM
Post #109

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 1 2014, 07:23 AM) *
we should start a joint account for practice. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Man please! I was dumb for even trying that with her. Problem is, we were doing some "pretend" shit with my REAL money (read: my first, last, and only money), while she dicked away both of our funds...not to mention that she had $3k in her own saving's account.

You know how you use your peripheral view to look at your woman's phone or computer screen? Yeah...so I did that a few months before we decided to share accounts, and I saw that whopping $3k, compared to my unsteady $150 in my saving's account. Talkin' a man feeling like a sucker...I was broke as hell back then.

So, after she blew through OUR money (not knowing that I knew about the $3k), she tried to cry broke, right along with me. Nah uh sista...fork over the cash. During that heated argument, I broke up the fact that I knew she had some money, to the tune of $3k. What did she do when I busted her? What do most/all women do? She tried to lie..which was grounds for a Ric Flair choke, from a man whose evening of entertainment had been ruined by her financial mistakes.

When I asked for that $80, you'd swear that I asked a gov't official for a password or some shit, like it was forbidden. Then I get asked about the reason for me needing $80 for night..because bitch, I had it before you overdrew it, that's why. Lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 2 2014, 05:08 PM
Post #110

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 2 2014, 02:15 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Man please! I was dumb for even trying that with her. Problem is, we were doing some "pretend" shit with my REAL money (read: my first, last, and only money), while she dicked away both of our funds...not to mention that she had $3k in her own saving's account.

You know how you use your peripheral view to look at your woman's phone or computer screen? Yeah...so I did that a few months before we decided to share accounts, and I saw that whopping $3k, compared to my unsteady $150 in my saving's account. Talkin' a man feeling like a sucker...I was broke as hell back then.

So, after she blew through OUR money (not knowing that I knew about the $3k), she tried to cry broke, right along with me. Nah uh sista...fork over the cash. During that heated argument, I broke up the fact that I knew she had some money, to the tune of $3k. What did she do when I busted her? What do most/all women do? She tried to lie..which was grounds for a Ric Flair choke, from a man whose evening of entertainment had been ruined by her financial mistakes.

When I asked for that $80, you'd swear that I asked a gov't official for a password or some shit, like it was forbidden. Then I get asked about the reason for me needing $80 for night..because bitch, I had it before you overdrew it, that's why. Lol

@ the first bolded, of course of course (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'm glad I'm not the only creep that does this. I'm a no secrets guy, so don't be hiding shit from me because I'm known to get my inspector gadget on lol

@ 2nd bolded, ain't that the truth. My girl and I was talking the other day about some bs she pulled and I set her up and she not knowing I already knew the truth but I was waiting for her to come clean. And in typical female fashion she denied denied denied until I really called her out and went into detail. For a black woman I swear I saw her face turn white. She admits though I don't like it..that she's afraid of me, she knows I'll lay the hammer down quick. She's seen me spar and really fight before so she damn near pisses her pants when I catch her fucking u because I got a temper. I asked her why she took money out my pocket without asking and she said she needed it and I had to check her, wtf you need $400 for and you just going to work? I ain't saying hit her but I ain't no TI, I ain't letting it slide at all

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 08:04 PM