Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Floyd
Ward
Martinez
Pac
Cotto
Jmm

Idk if this is an option but if it was up to me I wouldn't put Hopkins or Dawson in there and donaire maybe at ten. I would consider frotch up there, he has had great wins and has been in there with top competition in both wins and losses. Also I would prefer mares over nonito, he has gone up against stiffer competition and has looked better. Also if he beats anselmo he will be top ten in mine for sure.

But if these are the only options it would go as follows:

Donaire
Dawson
Bhop
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Sep 12 2012, 04:43 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 12 2012, 05:31 PM) *
Floyd
Ward
Martinez
Pac
Cotto
Jmm

Idk if this is an option but if it was up to me I wouldn't put Hopkins or Dawson in there and donaire maybe at ten. I would consider frotch up there, he has had great wins and has been in there with top competition in both wins and losses. Also I would prefer mares over nonito, he has gone up against stiffer competition and has looked better. Also if he beats anselmo he will be top ten in mine for sure.

But if these are the only options it would go as follows:

Donaire
Dawson
Bhop

Donaire over Bhop? What are we basing this ranking on? Career accomplishments or their current status?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 12 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 12 2012, 04:43 PM) *
Donaire over Bhop? What are we basing this ranking on? Career accomplishments or their current status?

I was going off current status.. donaire can't touch Bhop in terms of career right now Haha

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 12 2012, 05:59 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

skills and accomplishment.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 12 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

If we're going off of skill career accomplishments then how the hell do you people have Ward over Hopkins right now? LMAO

I have it like this....

Floyd

BHop

Pacquiao

Cotto

JMM

Ward

Dawson

Donaire

Martinez

Floyd has fought so many former/current world champions and future HOF'ers that he deserves to be tops on a list like this. He is an intelligent fighter and systematically breaks his opponents down. Very precise and accurate and is a defensive mastermind. Hopkins in my opinion should've been named fighter of the decade, he takes on anyone and is always out there looking for a challenge, he defies odds and he throws it in the critics faces when he does. He's not the oldest champ in history for nothing. He is a shining example of what a good lifestlye leads to. I've always admired his discipline

Pac is up there but he wouldn't be if he hadn't fought fighters who had to kill themselves to just to step thru the ropes and face him, still his run of fights against Barrera, Morales, and JMM are nothing short of amazing. Cotto is a man's man, he's a laid back cool guy who just speaks soft but walks with a big stick. He is a tremendous body puncher and he doesn't back down from any fighter. JMM has been an elite fighter for quite some time and I think it's obvious that he has Manny's number, he'd be right behind Floyd and Bernard if he could've got the "official" decision from the judges.

Ward is on his way to greatness, I see HOF in his future but he has much more to do in his career, but he could possibly move up and go down as better then Floyd when he decides to hang'em up. I had Dawson over Donaire because Chad's resume is better then Nonito's. Chad's beaten an impressive list of fighters at LHW while Nonaire is content to let Arum make him out to be the New Manny. Martinez could and evens should be higher up on the list but unfortunately he hasn't had that fight to put him over the top, maybe Saturday night will be the moment, but in terms of skill, he is definitely in the conversation

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Sep 13 2012, 12:47 PM
Post #8

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

Im ranking these on their current status

Floyd
Ward
JMM
Pacquiao
Martinez - Hard one between him and Cotto but Cotto just lost so Martinez is here
Cotto
Dawson
BHop - Would be up there if in his prime, higher than Donaire because of the recent wins BHop has had despite his age
Donaire

Edit:
Ranking in skills and Accomplishments

Floyd
Pacquiao
BHop
Cotto
JMM
Ward
Dawson
Martinez
Donaire

Hard to choose between JMM, Cotto and BHop though, all 3 are truly great fighters

This post has been edited by Kratza: Sep 13 2012, 12:54 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 13 2012, 02:45 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 12 2012, 07:44 PM) *
If we're going off of skill career accomplishments then how the hell do you people have Ward over Hopkins right now? LMAO

I have it like this....

Floyd

BHop

Pacquiao

Cotto

JMM

Ward

Dawson

Donaire

Martinez

Floyd has fought so many former/current world champions and future HOF'ers that he deserves to be tops on a list like this. He is an intelligent fighter and systematically breaks his opponents down. Very precise and accurate and is a defensive mastermind. Hopkins in my opinion should've been named fighter of the decade, he takes on anyone and is always out there looking for a challenge, he defies odds and he throws it in the critics faces when he does. He's not the oldest champ in history for nothing. He is a shining example of what a good lifestlye leads to. I've always admired his discipline

Pac is up there but he wouldn't be if he hadn't fought fighters who had to kill themselves to just to step thru the ropes and face him, still his run of fights against Barrera, Morales, and JMM are nothing short of amazing. Cotto is a man's man, he's a laid back cool guy who just speaks soft but walks with a big stick. He is a tremendous body puncher and he doesn't back down from any fighter. JMM has been an elite fighter for quite some time and I think it's obvious that he has Manny's number, he'd be right behind Floyd and Bernard if he could've got the "official" decision from the judges.

Ward is on his way to greatness, I see HOF in his future but he has much more to do in his career, but he could possibly move up and go down as better then Floyd when he decides to hang'em up. I had Dawson over Donaire because Chad's resume is better then Nonito's. Chad's beaten an impressive list of fighters at LHW while Nonaire is content to let Arum make him out to be the New Manny. Martinez could and evens should be higher up on the list but unfortunately he hasn't had that fight to put him over the top, maybe Saturday night will be the moment, but in terms of skill, he is definitely in the conversation

i didn't rate them..i provided the list of names. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 13 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

floyd - do i really need to explain this? solid skills + PPV king, one of the GOATs
pac - skills not so amazing, but at the lower weight classes when he was younger he was a beast
jmm - very good technical fighter, made popular by his clashes with pac me thinks.
ward - solid fighter, still needs to do something to achieve greatness
bhop - solid middleweight run, solid fundamentals, never really took off in popularity
martinez - overrated some what, yet nobody will fight him, I think the chavez fight will make or break his name, thing is he'd never surpass bhop in this list
cotto - ive always been harsh on cotto and didn't think he was anything special and i still don't, i want to see a rematch with pac at 154 to see him get sat again.
dawson - sure he was weight drained but he took the fight, plus sure he beat bhop but he never needed to pick him up and drop him
donaire - very athletic but lacks D, kinda well known thanks to pac exposing filipino fighters to the world.

about it really

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 08:55 AM