IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chavez/Martinez and Dawson/Ward 24/7 Segments...
Cshel86
post Aug 7 2012, 01:41 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

From what I've been reading, there will be a 2-part 24/7 segment for Chavez/Martinez and Ward/Dawson. I cant remember if HBO announced the 24/7 for Julio and Sergio...cant really remember.

I wonder how this helps all 4 of these fighters, being the fact that there's a language barrier for both Chavez and Martinez (Dawson too)...and Dawson and Ward combined, don't really have that persona that jumps out at you?

How will these 24/7s play out?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
flazi
post Aug 7 2012, 02:22 PM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,846

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 7 2012, 11:41 AM) *
being the fact that there's a language barrier for both Chavez and Martinez (Dawson too)...

lmao thanks i now have a yerba mate stain on my white shirt

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 7 2012, 04:06 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

isn't it better than a Mayweather 24/7 now, or a Pacman 24/7 because we know how they go and there boring as fuck. I don't mind 24/7 being used to introduce fighters to the public more and more. But for fucks sake they shouldn't milk it.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 7 2012, 05:50 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

it's going to open with the usual song...duh da dun dun dun dun dun...duh da dun dun dun dun dun... camera pans to ward hitting a speed bag rapidly....strikes it with a cross hook combination...turns to the camera....announcer says....'this is 24/7 ward/dawson.' roll the script...cut to pics of ward in his childhood.

"it began years ago when andre wards dad took him to the gym....little did they know where this road would take them...blah, blah, blah..."

yada yada yada....blase-ay skip-ay...and so on and so forth.....

then they cut to chad dawson in connecticut....

"mean while....across the country in a small gym in an unsuspecting location....blah, blah, blah....chad says something with a lisp....

cut back to scenes of both doing mitt work...neither guy has anything bad to say about the other. both coach's are good guys...but virgil hunter starts to test the limits a little....

barely anything worth covering...everyone will be pissed on the boards and will bitch and moan about how floyd is the best for 24/7... blah, blah, blah....

no one will remember that hbo fired the guy who won all the awards for those amazing documentaries he put together. casual fans won't appreciate the inside look at camps of guys who are the 2 of the best in all of boxing because casual fans don't know their asses from a whole in the ground. they will label both as boring and will totally miss the great knowledge that will be passed on from the simplist things. the classiness of both will go unnoticed because in today's world controversy sells and the public needs to see and hear ppl being total asses....disrespectful....and down right shameful...otherwise, it's boring.

i will thoroughly enjoy it and wish they did at least 2 more episodes so i can get insight on all the brains involved.

chavez/martinez 24/7 will be some of the same except there will be plenty of subtitles....someone will play a practical joke and they'll go on about this how "we do this every camp....we like to have fun and loosen things up"....blah,blah,blah....yada, yada, yada....so on and so forth...

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Aug 7 2012, 05:53 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 7 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (flazi @ Aug 7 2012, 03:22 PM) *
lmao thanks i now have a yerba mate stain on my white shirt

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I cant deal with Dawson's stuttering and horrible selection of simple words needed to complete a sentence...it's frustrating.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 7 2012, 05:06 PM) *
isn't it better than a Mayweather 24/7 now, or a Pacman 24/7 because we know how they go and there boring as fuck. I don't mind 24/7 being used to introduce fighters to the public more and more. But for fucks sake they shouldn't milk it.

Yes it better MG, I couldn't agree more. I like the idea of them introducing new fighters, and I've never been against it...wished they did it more often. Some guys just bomb (fluke) in front of the camera though, especially the "I'm just ready to get in there and fight" type of guys.

I think I find it more offensive and frustrating, when those same guys get mad at the world for paying attention to guys like Mayweather, who they say are "ignorant" and so on, but you give them a chance in front of the cameras, and all they can say is, "I'm just ready to get in there and fight". Some even go as far as saying, "I don't need all of these cameras and stuff", meaning that they just want big names. Sad thing is, if you a big name fighter, but nobody knows who you are, then it never pans ot in their favor.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 7 2012, 06:52 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 7 2012, 06:50 PM) *

it's going to open with the usual song...duh da dun dun dun dun dun...duh da dun dun dun dun dun... camera pans to ward hitting a speed bag rapidly....strikes it with a cross hook combination...turns to the camera....announcer says....'this is 24/7 ward/dawson.' roll the script...cut to pics of ward in his childhood.

"it began years ago when andre wards dad took him to the gym....little did they know where this road would take them...blah, blah, blah..."

then they cut to chad dawson in connecticut....

"mean while....across the country in a small gym in an unsuspecting location....blah, blah, blah....chad says something with a lisp....

cut back to scenes of both doing mitt work...neither guy has anything bad to say about the other. both coach's are good guys...but virgil hunter starts to test the limits a little....

barely anything worth covering...everyone will be pissed on the boards and will bitch and moan about how floyd is the best for 24/7... blah, blah, blah....

no one will remember that hbo fired the guy who won all the awards for those amazing documentaries he put together. casual fans won't appreciate the inside look at camps of guys who are the 2 of the best in all of boxing because casual fans don't know their asses from a whole in the ground. they will label both as boring and will totally miss the great knowledge that will be passed on from the simplist things. the classiness of both will go unnoticed because in today's world controversy sells and the public needs to see and hear ppl being total asses....disrespectful....and down right shameful...otherwise, it's boring.

i will thoroughly enjoy it and wish they did at least 2 more episodes so i can get insight on all the brains involved.

chavez/martinez 24/7 will be some of the same except there will be plenty of subtitles....someone will play a practical joke and they'll go on about this how "we do this every camp....we like to have fun and loosen things up"....blah,blah,blah....yada, yada, yada....so on and so forth...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! This is it, in a nutshell. Gladly, both of these will only be 2 episodes. I feel that they will throw Chavez Sr.'s old, hard-to-look at, disrespectful ass in there and make up for some of Julio's segment. Actually, I think will be better than Sergio's, since we already knows that he helps bullied kids, plays 180 mins of soccer and does a triathlon in the same day.

As for Ward and Dawson's part, that's what concerns me the most. Both guys have already thanked each other enough for the opportunity, though Ward has the most to lose in the situation. Hopefully, Chad's homotions will bring a bit of fire to the segment, but other than that, I don't see much coming from it.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 7 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I actually enjoy hearing ward talk boxing. Hes very intelligent, and Martinez seems like a very genuine dude but like you said that doesn't sell.

If were lucky though we might see chavez sr sniffing a line with members of the Mexican mafia while Jr is downing a whole rack of ribs.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 7 2012, 09:58 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I'm looking forward to the new blood being shown on 24/7 but Chad's voice and just the way he talks is annoying. They should give Ward 27mins and give the last 3mins to Chad lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 7 2012, 10:55 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 7 2012, 09:04 PM) *
we might see chavez sr sniffing a line with members of the Mexican mafia

With the shape that Sr.'s nose is in...I'm sure he can Charlie Sheen some coke with no troubles...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 7 2012, 11:46 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 7 2012, 11:55 PM) *
With the shape that Sr.'s nose is in...I'm sure he can Charlie Sheen some coke with no troubles...

Let's hope he doesn't relapse lol

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 02:52 AM