Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather VS Mosley
xxxxxx
post Sep 21 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #31

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

This fight has to happen next. No disrespect towards Pacman, but forget Pacman right now. Mayweather would dismantle Pacman and make him look like an amatuer anyway. Mosley is the fight that would cement Mayweather's legacy as the greatest p4p boxer of the last 25 years... if he won of course IMO.

This post has been edited by xxxxxx: Sep 21 2009, 02:23 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Sep 21 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #32

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 21 2009, 12:27 AM) *
I see people comparing Cotto/Mosley to what Mosley/Mayweather would look like. If Mosley couldnt beat Cotto, then he cant beat a faster better boxer in Mayweather... Bullshit he cant!! Mosley had to respect Cottos power. He wont have to respect Mayweathers power. Mosley can be as offensive as he wants and will outwork mayweather who'll be retreating all night. If mayweather eventuall stands his ground, which is uncharacteristic of him, he will get blasted out.

Good post. I think Gayweathers only choice against Mosley is to play it as safe as possible. They are probably pretty even on handspeed with Shane getting a big edge in power. I think Floyd has his moments but gets punished overall and loses by U.D.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Sep 21 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #33

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

Mosley best come in with a clear head and not anger on his heart. He'll start out swinging for the fences trying to get the KO but once he starts eating a whole lot of leather from all of those counters mid way in the fight he'll get frustrated. Hopefully he'll realize that he needs to change is game plan. I'm sure Brother Naz will have him on point but I see Mayweather getting a close UD with no rematch.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Sep 22 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #34

Bourbon County Stout

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,759

Ain't gonna be no rematch, King.

QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 21 2009, 01:54 PM) *
The bottom line is that Floyd is too fast for Mosley and Floyd will stay outside and do exactly enough to win each round.

I really don't think so Sal. That's what makes this fight so legit to me. Mosley might not be as fast as Floyd at this point in their careers but his speed is still very comparable. People here talking like Floyd can beat Shane the way he beat Baldomir are high IMO. Shane is still too fast and too skilled to get potshotted to death for 12 rounds. Floyd will HAVE to pick some spots to actually sit down and fight. And he WILL get banged around during those moments.

It's a great fight to me and a goddamned shame Floyd is too big of a pussy to ever make it happen.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Sep 22 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (Sweetness @ Sep 22 2009, 12:38 PM) *
I really don't think so Sal. That's what makes this fight so legit to me. Mosley might not be as fast as Floyd at this point in their careers but his speed is still very comparable. People here talking like Floyd can beat Shane the way he beat Baldomir are high IMO. Shane is still too fast and too skilled to get potshotted to death for 12 rounds. Floyd will HAVE to pick some spots to actually sit down and fight. And he WILL get banged around during those moments.

It's a great fight to me and a goddamned shame Floyd is too big of a pussy to ever make it happen.

I think it's a legit fight (certainly more legit than a fight with Pac), but Floyd will be running all night like we've never seen him (which Floyd knows and Floyd knows the fans will hate him for it, which makes the matchup a bit unlikely) and he will be countering Mosley's aggression very effectively with short accurate shots. Mosley might land something big in a combination if he gets Floyd against the ropes, but it feels like the odds are against it.

With the exception of Williams, Mosley is definitely the next best thing for Floyd and I hope it happens.

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Sep 22 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #36

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 5,671

PBF will wait for the winner of Cotto/Pacman IMHO. I think he honestly believes that Mosley is back on the shit and it's an unfair advantage. He's mentioned it multiple times in the media. Shane, unjuiced/enhanced, is a tough opponent for PBF. I'm a broken record, but the Mosley that showed up against Margarita will give anyone problems at Welter. He was throwing at a high volume, with great power, great speed, endless stamina. He looked like a machine. I don't know if Mosley is cheating or not, but he has in the past, so it isn't that big of a stretch to think he is doing it now...in the twilight of his career.

PBF thinks either Cotto or Pac are easier than Shane, Shane will keep aging, so why fight him now? From a risk/reward perspective, not a fight the best to be the best perspective, he is right.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Sep 22 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #37

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd fought Pacquiao then retired again.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Sep 22 2009, 02:53 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (singletrack @ Sep 22 2009, 01:52 PM) *
PBF will wait for the winner of Cotto/Pacman IMHO. I think he honestly believes that Mosley is back on the shit and it's an unfair advantage. He's mentioned it multiple times in the media. Shane, unjuiced/enhanced, is a tough opponent for PBF. I'm a broken record, but the Mosley that showed up against Margarita will give anyone problems at Welter. He was throwing at a high volume, with great power, great speed, endless stamina. He looked like a machine. I don't know if Mosley is cheating or not, but he has in the past, so it isn't that big of a stretch to think he is doing it now...in the twilight of his career.

PBF thinks either Cotto or Pac are easier than Shane, Shane will keep aging, so why fight him now? From a risk/reward perspective, not a fight the best to be the best perspective, he is right.

The Mosley that beat margarito wasnt all that different physically. He went in with a great game plan and stuck to it. I think he and naz will gameplan Mayweather too. I think the way Mosley beats him is to keep him retreating and keep a jab on him all night. Mosley UD 12. it aint hard to make Mayweather retreat. Carlos Baldomir made him retreat all nite, and that guy had maybe 9 KOs to his name. Shane being the bigger guy can set the tempo with a jab. If Mayweather stands his ground, good for Mosley because then he will beat Mayweather up.

Watch for excuses for the next several weeks. Every excuse in the book will be thrown for him NOT to fight Mosley. Once Cotto handles Pacquiao, Mayweather will have to choose the lesser of 2 evils. I dont think he wants to fight Cotto either. Retirement will be strongly discussed because he's done everything in the sport, he has no interest anymore, crying... he doesnt fight to see whose the best, more crying... Hope people see through this stuff now.

This post has been edited by The Original MrFactor: Sep 22 2009, 02:56 PM

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Sep 22 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #39

Bourbon County Stout

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,759

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 22 2009, 02:53 PM) *
Watch for excuses for the next several weeks. Every excuse in the book will be thrown for him NOT to fight Mosley. Once Cotto handles Pacquiao, Mayweather will have to choose the lesser of 2 evils. I dont think he wants to fight Cotto either. Retirement will be strongly discussed because he's done everything in the sport, he has no interest anymore, crying... he doesnt fight to see whose the best, more crying... Hope people see through this stuff now.

The excuses have already started flying. Ellerbe said Mosley doesn't draw enough of a crowd. Floyd Sr said Shane acted like a punk and isn't worth his son's time. NO ONE ON TEAM MAYWEATHER WANTS THIS FIGHT and the reason for that is obvious. Even at 38, Shane is still a very, very difficult fight for Floyd. This fight will never happen. It will be PBF-Pacquaio if he beats Cotto, and if not, then he'll fight Chris John or Juan Diaz or someone like that. FLOYD DOESN'T WANT TO SEE SHANE AND NEVER HAS.

+Quote Post
Keith
post Sep 22 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #40

Welterweight

Member No.: 10,273

QUOTE (Sweetness @ Sep 22 2009, 04:25 PM) *
The excuses have already started flying. Ellerbe said Mosley doesn't draw enough of a crowd. Floyd Sr said Shane acted like a punk and isn't worth his son's time. NO ONE ON TEAM MAYWEATHER WANTS THIS FIGHT and the reason for that is obvious. Even at 38, Shane is still a very, very difficult fight for Floyd. This fight will never happen. It will be PBF-Pacquaio if he beats Cotto, and if not, then he'll fight Chris John or Juan Diaz or someone like that. FLOYD DOESN'T WANT TO SEE SHANE AND NEVER HAS.

Agree 100%. Floyd is a great boxer but I just have a feeling that Shane mugs his ass from round 1 on. I wouldnt be surprised if it wound up looking like Cotto v Margarito. I am sure I will get plenty of replies on that one. Call me a hugger but Shane is bigger, stronger, a more powerful puncher, and has a chin capable of walking through Floyd's counters. People want to point out that Floyd has faster hands and feet then Shane, and thats certainly true... but its not as if Shane is a walking stiff. Outside of Floyd, nobody at 147 has Shane's hand speed, and he still moves pretty well.

This post has been edited by Keith: Sep 22 2009, 03:35 PM

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 07:53 PM