IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> which up coming fight are you most excited about.., and why?
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2013, 10:55 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Alexander/Brook

I'm ready to see how he fairs against Devon. I saw him struggle against Carson Jones, but we'll see if things changed since then.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 28 2013, 11:37 PM
Post #12

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

I'm going to the Mayweather-Guerrero fight so I'm very interested in that but TBH I'm excited about all the matchups. It's been pretty dry to start the year off and soon we'll be bombarded with more fights then we can manage.

I did want to attend the B-Hop fight as I think he's going to expose Tavoris. But my girl still has nightmares from the 1st Hopkins-Dawson fight and that's not going to happen because she said she'll never attend another one of his fights lol... She does want to go to the Garcia-Judah fight so I might look into that

+Quote Post
VJones
post Mar 1 2013, 02:40 AM
Post #13

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 28 2013, 11:42 PM) *
great breakdown of each fight!

i am not sure floyd stops guerrero...but i'll remember u said it! bold prediction.

hopkins is gutter when the opponent isn't. cloud is gutter...i think he makes it rough...but bhop can definitely out-skill him. it's going to be interesting. is stopped betting against bhop a long time ago. wouldn't be shocked if he won.

i'm thinking trout schools canelo. i hope everything is on the level and they get some fair officials for that one.

garcia is going to end judah's run. this will be his 9th life. party is over. garcia has a lot more than ppl think.

mares should beat deleon. both can be hit.

rios/alvarez doesn't interest me at all.

It was pretty bold, wasn't it. lol. I noticed two things about Robert in the Berto fight: He doesn't like being hit to the body and he appeared tired after about 6 rounds. I think what made the difference is Berto wasn't mentally prepared for Robert's grit (nor dirty tactics) and he's just not a fighter that can make adjustments. Berto was in great physical shape, but he underestimated Roberts chin and tenacity. Golden Boy has always presented Robert as a "class act" and I think they initially had him in mind as torch recipient to Oscar...until Ortiz, that is (ever noticed that barely masked hatred/jealousy the Ghost has for Victor?)...my point, Robert is not the clean, polished guy they've always portrayed him. The boy is a thug. And I'm sure the hardships of the last few years have hardened him even more.

I think, Andre Berto thought he was going to be the thug in that fight. lol

Bottom line: What Floyd does masterfully, is everything Robert will struggle with. I rarely hear anyone talk about/praise Mayweather's body shots. But he destroys guys, breaking them down softly, gradually, from round 1 with stiff shots to the solar plexis, hooks to the body. It doesn't appear so gruesome...but its the slow death. I know if I noticed Robert's discomfort every time Berto touched his body, Floyd (and Roger and Pops and Jeff) all did too! Berto seemed to be the only one who didn't notice. lol.

And then there's Floyd's reach. Robert won't be able to smother him as he did with Berto. And he can't outbox him. So what's left....?

I don't think it's an easy fight for Floyd per se. But I think Floyd will go to Robert's body from round one. Robert will slowly wither. And by 10, I'm calling a code. =)

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2013, 11:55 PM) *
Alexander/Brook

I'm ready to see how he fairs against Devon. I saw him struggle against Carson Jones, but we'll see if things changed since then.

Yes, I'm looking forward to this one too. I think Devon takes it. Too many holes in Brook. Devon may be strangely boring (I say strangely, because he has all the tools, but wields them in the most awkward of ways), but he is a good solid boxer. Even talented. I do hate the noises he makes. Smh. But I think he's actually talented, just not fun to watch. I think Brook is still in the "potential" stage. I think he picked the wrong opponent to shine.

Of course, Devon often disappoints. So who knows! lol

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 1 2013, 12:37 AM) *
I'm going to the Mayweather-Guerrero fight so I'm very interested in that but TBH I'm excited about all the matchups. It's been pretty dry to start the year off and soon we'll be bombarded with more fights then we can manage.

I did want to attend the B-Hop fight as I think he's going to expose Tavoris. But my girl still has nightmares from the 1st Hopkins-Dawson fight and that's not going to happen because she said she'll never attend another one of his fights lol... She does want to go to the Garcia-Judah fight so I might look into that

So, true. We've had quite the drought...disappointing postponements and cancellations...and now a lot of fights to look forward to!

BHOP is definitely an acquired taste! But I think Chad should at least take half the blame for the boredom and theatrics of their fights. lol

+Quote Post
VJones
post Mar 1 2013, 02:46 AM
Post #14

Flyweight

I forgot Martinez/Murray. I'm interested in seeing how Sergio looks after surgery.

This post has been edited by VJones: Mar 1 2013, 07:09 AM

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Mar 1 2013, 04:38 AM
Post #15

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

As for Rigondeaux; Do you guys really think his last 2 outings he slacked? I've always liked his style since i first seen him. his last 2 were his best fights to me. That TKO on teon kennedy and then decimating Marroquin. Marroquin is no joke either, he beat Broner and Gary russell jr in his amateur career, so he must know how to do something. I must be his only fan on the forum lol.

I forgot about Bhop/Cloud- I think Bhop by KO, as long as his punches still have alil weight on them, i see him putting down cloud, chin looked very question against Campillo, a fight which he shouldve lost.

I'm looking forward to Pacquiao coming back too

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 1 2013, 05:55 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

canelo/trout

I've been praying for this day, the day Canelo fights an actual legitimate 154lber and tears are now down my eyes from joy. I hope he gets done to him what Martinez did to Chavez Jr

mayweather/guerrero
There's quite a bit of hype surrounding this, like daprofessors says the upset isn't impossible if the moons align for The Ghost.

donaire/rigondeaux
I don't know, I think Donaire takes it, it may not be pretty but I think Donaire can hurt him.

garcia/judah
Garcia seems to constantly throw power shots, am sure he'll tire, it's a big if Judah hasn't already quit or found a way out.

rios/alvarez 2
Slug fest, Life expectancy to drop a couple of years. If Alvarez doesn't attempt the shoulder roll he can win. Also if he doesn't gas

+Quote Post
VJones
post Mar 1 2013, 07:36 AM
Post #17

Flyweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 1 2013, 04:38 AM) *
As for Rigondeaux; Do you guys really think his last 2 outings he slacked? I've always liked his style since i first seen him. his last 2 were his best fights to me. That TKO on teon kennedy and then decimating Marroquin. Marroquin is no joke either, he beat Broner and Gary russell jr in his amateur career, so he must know how to do something. I must be his only fan on the forum lol.

I forgot about Bhop/Cloud- I think Bhop by KO, as long as his punches still have alil weight on them, i see him putting down cloud, chin looked very question against Campillo, a fight which he shouldve lost.

It's not so much that he slacked...more so that he wasn't as impressive as I thought he should be...even in victory. There were moments he seemed tentative...almost bored, unfocused. And sometimes he's slow to put his foot on the gas.

But I'm with you...loved his style when I first layed eyes on him! Still do. I just thnk he hasn't turned up the dial and showed us that next level. That pro level. He's still handling himself somewhat like an points/Olympic fighter. I'm interested to see how Pedro Diaz works out for him as new trainer.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 1 2013, 05:55 AM) *
canelo/trout

I've been praying for this day, the day Canelo fights an actual legitimate 154lber and tears are now down my eyes from joy. I hope he gets done to him what Martinez did to Chavez Jr

mayweather/guerrero
There's quite a bit of hype surrounding this, like daprofessors says the upset isn't impossible if the moons align for The Ghost.

donaire/rigondeaux
I don't know, I think Donaire takes it, it may not be pretty but I think Donaire can hurt him.

garcia/judah
Garcia seems to constantly throw power shots, am sure he'll tire, it's a big if Judah hasn't already quit or found a way out.

rios/alvarez 2
Slug fest, Life expectancy to drop a couple of years. If Alvarez doesn't attempt the shoulder roll he can win. Also if he doesn't gas

Lol...at the tears and Alvarado trying the shoulder roll. Good stuff.

Saw a vid recently of Tim Bradley and his trainer doing pad work. Mayweather style. It's taking over like Gangnam in boxing. Lol
Not necessarily a bad thing to train like him...follow his work ethic. I draw a line at the persona clones (uh hem...Broner), though. And those that wake up one fight morning and just out of pure crazy decide to employ the technique for the first time, in an important fight (uh hem...Berto).

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 1 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #18

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 28 2013, 07:25 PM) *
how did that even start? i'm cool on seeing the old men go at it. it's not even fair. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Professor the two dad's have been wolfing at each other saying that if either guy steps out of line they are going to fight. Sr. Guerrero said he would beat Floyd's ass and Sr. didn't like that so he said he would beat Guerrero Sr.'s ass. So the press conferences should be interesting. I am surprised you have not heard of all the BS, it is actually pretty funny to hear a 50 and 60 year old men talk smack!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 1 2013, 02:25 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 28 2013, 11:37 PM) *

I'm with you here. Bring anything on, lamont and Lucas have been a bright spot in a very dark start to the year.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 1 2013, 03:23 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 1 2013, 05:38 AM) *

yeah...i don't get why everyone is dismissive of rigondeaux. i continue to be very impressed. he pretty much shut marroquin out. he got caught with a couple shots...but he stayed poised and still maintained control. marroquin gives anyone a tough fight in the division.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:10 AM