> Fighters that you aren't sold on..., Name 'em
Franchize
post Jun 6 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #21

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 6 2012, 02:40 PM) *
i think the main problem with hbo is that they always have an agenda. if the opponent isn't cooperating with that agenda they undermine his efforts with bullshit comments or just piss on him outright. they manufacture situations and outcomes with their bullshit compubox and bullshit lederman. it's all spin. i know what it is i am seeing...i don't need jim lampley's "bang, bang, bang...." to let me know what's really happening. they often create controversy where there is none with their bullshit comments alone. it always makes me laugh when i go to boards and hear ppl regurgitate their bullshit verbatim.

It mirrors all of sports though. The other day I heard Steve Kerr say Kendrick Perkins was the best low post defender in the NBA. Then people began repeating that bullshit. I heard people comparing Rondo to Magic Johnson. Then people started repeating that BS too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Jun 6 2012, 03:33 PM
Post #22

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

It seems peoples are forgetting Canelo Alvarez is only 22, and look what he's acclomplished already, mush more than any other 22 year old in the sport, alot more than broner...

But fighters im not sold on:

Amir Khan: Hes fast but thats about it, always back pedalling unless he's fighting a bum, not seen him knock out anyone who is quite high level, and he fights like an amateur

Brandon Rios: I was starting to think he was the real deal until he thought Abril, Abril clearly won 8 rounds to 4 at most. Rios has power but isnt a boxer, hes a brawler

Victor Ortiz: Who has a beaten? Berto. wow nice job. He's a quitter and a dirty fighter.

Both klitschko's: Again, Who have they beaten except a old man in Shannon Briggs.

More but im busy atm.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 6 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 6 2012, 09:51 AM) *
+1000 I'd LOVE to see him fight Moreno! That would be a good fight! Correction, a GREAT BOXING MATCH!!! It wouldn't just be a slug fest. There would be some good tactical and mental wars going on in that one.

Definitely. It's funny cause everyone seems to forget about him when they talk about people they would like to see fight mares and donaire

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Jun 7 2012, 01:29 PM
Post #24

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

I think everyone except for Floyd and Cotto have been named here.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Jun 7 2012, 01:50 PM
Post #25

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

QUOTE (Kratza @ Jun 6 2012, 04:33 PM) *
It seems peoples are forgetting Canelo Alvarez is only 22, and look what he's acclomplished already, mush more than any other 22 year old in the sport, alot more than broner...

But fighters im not sold on:

Amir Khan: Hes fast but thats about it, always back pedalling unless he's fighting a bum, not seen him knock out anyone who is quite high level, and he fights like an amateur

Brandon Rios: I was starting to think he was the real deal until he thought Abril, Abril clearly won 8 rounds to 4 at most. Rios has power but isnt a boxer, hes a brawler

Victor Ortiz: Who has a beaten? Berto. wow nice job. He's a quitter and a dirty fighter.

Both klitschko's: Again, Who have they beaten except a old man in Shannon Briggs.

More but im busy atm.

IMO, Canelo hasn't done much at all besides beat up undersized WWs and was handed a title. Good fighter but he has a lot to prove. Young or not, when you have a belt and that many wins, its time to fight someone in the top 20 at least....

Agree about Ortiz being dirty....Floyd was not the first time he excessively used his head.

This post has been edited by Thickback: Jun 7 2012, 01:59 PM

+Quote Post
JayU
post Jun 7 2012, 03:13 PM
Post #26

Amateur

Member No.: 13,698

I joined the forum just to get in on this. I agree with most if not all of the fighters mentioned. I'm going to throw one out there that I'm sure folk ain't gone like.

Sergio Martinez. Don't get me wrong. I think Serge is a bad dude and all but I'm definitely not sold on him as top 3 p4p. He gets thrust into that conversation based on knocking out PW but is that enough to merit top 3 P4P. Before the PW fights how much was known about him not to mention he lost the first bout.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 7 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 6 2012, 02:30 PM) *
It mirrors all of sports though. The other day I heard Steve Kerr say Kendrick Perkins was the best low post defender in the NBA. Then people began repeating that bullshit. I heard people comparing Rondo to Magic Johnson. Then people started repeating that BS too.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif) !!!!!!!!!! They said that!?!

QUOTE (Thickback @ Jun 7 2012, 01:50 PM) *
IMO, Canelo hasn't done much at all besides beat up undersized WWs and was handed a title. Good fighter but he has a lot to prove. Young or not, when you have a belt and that many wins, its time to fight someone in the top 20 at least....

Agree about Ortiz being dirty....Floyd was not the first time he excessively used his head.

idk about going as far to say Ortiz is a dirty fighter. He just has one of those styles where he rubs his head on the clinch and on the ropes, a lot of boxers do it. In the mayweather fight it was blatant though he was frustrated and he did it on the advice from his corner. In a sense it was a smart move, minus all the hugging though, he was trying to rough up mayweather and if he didnt give mayweather that chance to hit him and got back to roughing him up maybe it would have taken its toll if the fight had gone on.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 7 2012, 06:59 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i'm not sold on pac or the klitschkos. there. i said it.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 7 2012, 08:47 PM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

from the time pac fought De La Hoya to now am not sold on, the rest he beat and did it in style.

most of the heavyweight division, probably because ive hardly seen any nowadays

bute = self explanatory

bradley = why the fuck didnt he fight khan? sure he landed a fight with MP but he pretty much sold his soul to the devil to do that (bob arum)

kell brooks = i want to see him fight better competition he looked good against hatton because hatton was slower than my nan while shes on her medicine

nathan cleverly = fight anybody, anybody thats in the top ten for fucks sake, am not saying fight hopkins because it seems thats whats next, but anybody thats an actual contender

tyson fury = still young and am not 100% sure how he'd do against the klits, and while his last opponent did come to fight, i think he was a taxi driver was he not?

i agree with most the stuff already been posted tbh

mayweather = this is kinda in a different league to the other fighters ive listed, am not sure were he stacks up against the all time greats, probably will make some sort of decision after he retires for good.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 27 2012, 12:46 PM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Bumped...

Just thought I'd add Jessie Vargas to the list. Dude just fights stupid to me and there's nothing about him that stands out...other than his skull always seems to bleed in almost every one of his fights.

Im sure we'll see him fighting Manny in less than a year, believe it or not. I saw his last fight live at the Hard Rock, and I want my $28 back. I'll send my letter to Top Rank, certified, return, receipt...let's see how this goes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 03:12 AM