IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> quintana vs thurman, anyone else excited about this one?
Cheesey1
post Nov 23 2012, 02:04 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

Quintana's a good opponent, but if Thurman's the real deal then he should be able to beat Quintana.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 25 2012, 02:03 AM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Quintana is SO inconsistent. I can't even say whether I was impressed with Thurman because I have no idea what the flying fuck Quintana was in there doing. He is so hit or miss... Literally and Figuratively.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 25 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

that hook to the body took all the fight out of him. thurman can crack with both hands. i like that dude.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 25 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 25 2012, 02:03 AM) *
Quintana is SO inconsistent.

Fuck him!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 27 2012, 02:19 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

anyone else find thurman's lisp/punching power reminiscent of a young mike tyson? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post
sduck
post Nov 28 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I missed every fight Saturday -___- but I've heard a lot of hype about Thurman's power and potential, so I'm looking forward to him.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Nov 30 2012, 03:35 PM
Post #17

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

After readin' Thurman's latest interview, I'm startin' to dislike the kid more and more. Although I respect him as a fighter, I hate his cocky attitude. I see a lot of flaws in his fight game, but he talks like he's the best thing in boxin'. It's only a matter of time before someone exposes this cocky-ass, sloppy-fightin' ass dude. He has power, but power isn't everything. I'm ready for this guy to be in a fight where he has to display more than just power. Thoughts?

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Nov 30 2012, 03:42 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 30 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Nov 30 2012, 03:35 PM) *
After readin' Thurman's latest interview, I'm startin' to dislike the kid more and more. Although I respect him as a fighter, I hate his cocky attitude. I see a lot of flaws in his fight game, but he talks like he's the best thing in boxin'. It's only a matter of time before someone exposes this cocky-ass, sloppy-fightin' ass dude. He has power, but power isn't everything. I'm ready for this guy to be in a fight where he has to dislay more than just power. Thoughts?

It's unfortunately the new norm man. What used o be viewed as some young chump getting beside himself is now accepted as "networking for business purposes." End of the day, I'm not knocking anyone's hustle, but you should have SOME type of resume' before you start calling everyone out. But yea, I wanna see him in there with a guy who's going to bring it to his chest and make him box. I'm not saying he can't. He isn't just winging punches out there. But he hasn't had to truly box yet.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Nov 30 2012, 07:06 PM
Post #19

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 27 2012, 02:19 PM) *
anyone else find thurman's lisp/punching power reminiscent of a young mike tyson? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I admit they have those 2 things in common, but Thurman's not as polished. I'm lmao at you for mentionin' Thurman's lisp, though.

This post has been edited by Cshel86: Nov 30 2012, 11:22 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 30 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

i have no problem with any fighter who's winning calling out the best. that is good for boxing and i love his ambition. what i do have a problem with is the selective bullshit..."this person isn't a draw..." or "who has he fought..." or "he's got a loss...blah,blah,blah..." or "he isn't worthy.." or any other bullshit excuse a fighter gives not to fight someone.

i'm from the old school....in order to be the best u got to beat the best. best way to test that....call 'em out. straight and to the point. what's not to like about that!?

what's weak....calling out guys who've already been beaten or a guy who's coming off a loss or bad performance...but u weren't even mentioning his name when he was looking impressive! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

this new generation....i don't get y'all. smh.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 08:03 PM