> Rios and Ariza and other BS
Cshel86
post Oct 26 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 25 2013, 06:56 PM) *
Home field advantage. I do not trust anything coming from Manny or Arum. Manny hasn't had a single thought that he came up with since he has been on the scene. What pisses me off about this whole thing... It smells set up.. Ironically the sad part of all this is no one is really talking about this fight. It is less than a month away and I haven't heard casual fans even talking about this fight. I wonder why...

Putting this fight in China makes no fucking sense. This fight should of been in Vegas or Los Angeles, hell even at Madison Square Garden would of made sense.

The more time goes by is the more Ariza drops little shades on team Pac. I wonder will he even come out and say that Pac was on PEDS?

I dont trust anything coming from Arum...cant blame Pac for it...never could, to be honest. Im looking at the way Arum is treating this whole "testing" issue nowadays. He either says "fuck off" or he does the testing his way. Donaire was being tested year round, by Conte's establishment...fishy.

Arum blew Marquez off, when HE asked for testing in the Pac fight, and we see the way he (Arum) handled the Bradley/Marquez testing...having the NSAC do their own style of OSDT. I never fully agreed with the way OSDT was done in boxing anyhow...with it only being done for 8-10 weeks, rather than year round. Random and CONSTANT testing for that time frame, is enough to ease the mind, but surely not enough to be 100% accurate.

Having it in China makes perfect sense. If Zou Shiming (sp) can crack $500M in his pro debut, in China, on HBO, then Manny should be in good graces (money wise). Arum didn't wanna deal with the taxes and such, if Manny fought in Vegas (read: threatening to have Manny fight in China, was a strong arm move for Vegas to not charge him so much).

Truthfully, most of Manny's fights haven't gotten THAT much buzz...even by casual fans. The only Manny fight that I know got the most talk out of casual fans, is the "best fight that never happened". Other than that, people are just Manny fans period, and they know that they'll get their money's worth. When Floyd fight, most casual fans pay more attention to who he's fighting, in hopes of him losing, but they still give him the attention that he's looking for. I know that sounded weird, but its true...they hate Floyd, but they hate him enough to watch everything that he does and read everything that's reported...but they give him opponent more attention, just because they are trying to see if he has what it takes, to defeat Floyd.

As for Ariza, if he happens to drop a bomb (read: spill the beans about some PED usage on Team Pac's part, if there ever was any), then who knows. If he says anything, it'll make everybody look bad, not him, just because he's the S & C coach. Some other schmuck could've sold Manny the PEDs...it doesn't take a S & C coach to do that. So if Ariza drops a dime, he could play the whole, "I'm just the S & C coach, and I cant tell Manny what to do". Besides, why would he have gotten in the middle of it anyway? Had he stood up to it, he would've stood to lose money. Keeping Manny hot = a guaranteed pay check.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 26 2013, 02:46 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 26 2013, 06:36 PM) *
when DuBoef takes over.

Will be the magical day I run in the streets naked.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 26 2013, 03:16 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 26 2013, 02:46 PM) *
Will be the magical day I run in the streets naked.

Lol

There was a time when I thought that Arum would step aside and let Tod run TR because of his age but I think now he will be in control until the day he dies and then DuBoef will take over

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 26 2013, 08:02 PM
Post #14

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Funny how Arum would sooner let Manny fight in China to avoid American taxes than pay him what he's due lol

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Oct 27 2013, 02:38 PM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 25 2013, 11:15 AM) *
Rios is sounding like a man convinced that he has a shot at beating Pac. I applaud the guy for having a strong belief in himself. I am actually pulling for Rios in this fight. Its not because I dislike Pac (I do loath his fans), its because Rios is a true L.A Clipper fan. I respect that. My question, is anyone giving Rios a shot to win? By all accounts this is a tune up fight to welcome Pac back. I am not sure if Pac still has what it takes to be the Pac of old. If Rios goes the full 12 rounds and looks good after the fight then I call that a success. He ain't getting a decision, no way. In interviews that Pac has given, he is saying that he is re-dedicated to the sport and that he will not look for the knock out but will box Rios (ha). The only problem with his strategy is that he isn't a boxer and he knows he isn't a boxer. If Pac's strategy is trying to box Rios, this fight maybe interesting. Be prepared for all the nut sucking from HBO commentators.

Alex "Slimmer" Ariza just did an interview saying how it isn't fair that Rios is getting tested and not Pac. He claims he isn't suspicious of Pac but he should still be getting tested like Rios.... Did Alex just tell on himself? Does anyone find it remotely strange that all of a sudden Pac has no problem with additional testing? Did he finally get over his fear or needles and being weakened before the fight? Interesting how the media isn't calling Pac a hypocrite.

If Rios wins, how much credit can we give Ariza?

Just like you, I too cannot stand the obnoxious Pac fans (they have NO objectivity whatsoever) and I think they're using Rios as a beacon to try and prove that "Manny is back". HBO will definitely be cheerleading especially if they see him "trying" to so called "box" (we know he's no Technician in that ring) but Lampley will do his best to make it sound as though Manny has been the reborn version of the highly skilled Sugar Ray Robinson if he "looks" like he's actually "boxing" vs a limited defense having guy like Rios.

No way in hell does Rios get a "close" decision but if it is one where he is clearly and cleanly ahead then I see no reason to cheat him out of it though I suspect that this fight is taking place in China for more reasons than just money (they can make money here, why go all the way to China).

Ariza is telling on himself without implicating himself, he knows how to toe the line without crossing over it regarding Manny's PED usage (or not) but if they are making Rios test and Manny isn't testing then no, Manny hasn't gotten over his "fear" of needles and drawing blood doesn't weaken him any longer. If Rios wins then it won't be due to Ariza, it'll be because his Trainer has worked out a good enough game plan and as long as he sticks to it then Rios and Garcia should get the credit for it.

This post has been edited by BrutUalBK: Oct 27 2013, 02:41 PM

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 28 2013, 05:25 AM
Post #16

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 26 2013, 01:03 PM) *
Chi, I am already handing the bulls a spot in the Eastern Conference Championship. Taj Gibson and Boozer already look very good and of course D Rose is scoring 27 points per game!!! Beast of a team!

Ariza does seem to add a cloud of suspicion and doubt. Ariza can always say that Freddie was the one giving him PEDs and say he was told to shut up which is why he has a hard time getting a job. he has been black balled so to speak. I am wondering if Rios does win this fight or looks good, then what? I think there is so much pressure on Pac to perform at a high level that it maybe be his downfall. I say he needs a knock out or bust type of fight. Pac has dropped out of many pound for pound ranks. And let's face it, his name no longer rings with the same authority. I am pulling for him because he is an exciting fighter but at the same time his time may be just about out.

If Pac gets elected President then I am going to cry laughing. Pac can't keep his own camp in line how can he manage a country? Now the Klitichos are college educated and they both are Phd so that is a little different. Did Pac even finish high school? I am not shitting on the guy but being a boxer should not declare you rights to be a president of a nation.

So here is my question... Why is additional testing good in 2013 and not 2009-2010?

Stopped reading after that....

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 28 2013, 08:22 AM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 28 2013, 05:25 AM) *
Stopped reading after that....

You should've kept reading lol

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 28 2013, 10:13 AM
Post #18

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 28 2013, 09:22 AM) *
You should've kept reading lol

Respectfully, any time I read something alluding to Carlos Boozer being/looking good, as it pertains to the court, I stop reading and find something more constructive to do w/ my time. He's no scrub, but he routinely comes up small when Chicago needs him most.....or Utah......

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 28 2013, 11:03 AM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 28 2013, 10:13 AM) *
Respectfully, any time I read something alluding to Carlos Boozer being/looking good, as it pertains to the court, I stop reading and find something more constructive to do w/ my time. He's no scrub, but he routinely comes up small when Chicago needs him most.....or Utah......

He won't last much longer, just like Arum lol

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 28 2013, 11:29 AM
Post #20

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

In terms of Manny Pacquiao, I've never been the one to accuse him of being on roids. That being said, isn't it second nature if you AREN'T on roids to shove it in peoples faces when you have proof? The fact that there are still drug testing uncertainties, especially in a time when it seems like EVERY big fighter seems to be cool with testing beyond the normal minimum, just seems fishy.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:11 PM