IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PPV: Cotto vs Martinez Set for June 7 @ MSG (Preview and Poll!), Who Will Win? Vote Now!
Cotto Vs. Martinez Poll
Who Wins?
Martinez by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [17.65%]
Martinez by Dec (Wide) [ 2 ] ** [11.76%]
Martinez by KO/TKO [ 8 ] ** [47.06%]
Cotto by Decision (Close) [ 3 ] ** [17.65%]
Cotto by Decision (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Cotto by KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [5.88%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 17

AZWildCat
post Feb 26 2014, 10:37 PM
Post #71

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 11:20 PM) *
Actually I don't, lol...the doc told me to "pick my battles", so I wont get these silly ass anxiety attacks that I have from time to time. Lol

I was still with him after the Trout loss too...just hated the fact that he even took the fight in the first place. At this point of Miguel's career, he's been in some wars and is damn near shop worn, his best bet is to fight for his family (read: for as much money as he can, per fight) and forget about these silly "fans". I swear most of those dudes left Cotto for dead after he lost to Trout...glad he took a break after that.

I'm wit you he don't need to be fighting these peoples fights he needs to get his cash and run at this point cotto has nothing left to prove.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2014, 10:42 PM
Post #72

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 26 2014, 10:37 PM) *
I'm wit you he don't need to be fighting these peoples fights he needs to get his cash and run at this point cotto has nothing left to prove.

Truthfully, he doesn't...when do you think he got to that point where he didn't have anything else to prove? I can't quite pinpont it at this moment. After the beatings that he's taken in his career, he needs to be telling everybody to move up or down in weight, and/or kiss his ass. Lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 26 2014, 10:50 PM
Post #73

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 09:26 PM) *
LMAO at "closet monsters"!

And yes, he'll be ridiculed for not facing these boogeymen, but at the end of the day, at his advanced age of what, 37?, he needs to be fighting for money...37 is old in boxing. Cotto needs to be on the same track, or he'll be in Mosley's shoes if he doesn't do right with his money.

I'm not saying that Shane's broke, but after a nasty divorce, alimony, child support, then going on to pick up some Pepsi-drinking blowup doll who clearly wants money...will have you fighting well past your heydays.

I honestly think Shane would've been good if his ex wife hadn't of done that to him. I mean I understand you want to get paid but she broke him down all the way, from the child support to the alimony all the way to the taking of his belts

Cotto clearly fights for the money he's made that clear after his first fight with Margarito. I ain't mad at that because he's on his way out and he needs to live comfortable so we won't see a Morales like comeback lol

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 27 2014, 12:25 PM
Post #74

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 11:42 PM) *
Truthfully, he doesn't...when do you think he got to that point where he didn't have anything else to prove? I can't quite pinpont it at this moment. After the beatings that he's taken in his career, he needs to be telling everybody to move up or down in weight, and/or kiss his ass. Lol

No real point for me..his resume speaks for it's self cotto fought damn near everybody and anybody. Look at the records of those he's fought at the times he fought them. And fought valiantly in every loss/beating.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 20 2014, 10:32 PM
Post #75

Junior Welterweight

I like cotto but I can't stand roaches childish ass trying to hard! He gonna get cotto fucked up talking bout he. Soccer player lol and fuck what papa Trinidad talking bout! He showing biased support for a fellow rican(but if he really couldn't run for a year he in trouble) just like Tito would have mopped money n pac gtfoh!

More interesting as the weeks go by

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 21 2014, 11:52 AM
Post #76

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 27 2014, 01:25 PM) *
No real point for me..his resume speaks for it's self cotto fought damn near everybody and anybody. Look at the records of those he's fought at the times he fought them. And fought valiantly in every loss/beating.

C'mon AZ, no point at all? I think he should've taken it easy after the Mayweather loss...he looked good in his losing effort, and revived his status as a top fighter. The Margarito revenge was sweet, and he got huge payday in the Floyd fight...should've taken it easy then. But noooo...he took the Trout fight (a stylistic nightmare) for the "fans"...bad move.

I've had several rants about Cotto's business decisions, lol...trust me, it should be chronicled. I guess that's why he allowed Bob back into his career. He gave Trout a huge chance, Trout impressed, and Trout went on to look like poo poo in the Canelo fight...that wasn't a great loss for Miguel. Had Trout embarrassed Canelo, then the Trout loss wouldn't have looked so bad on Miguel's record, but for Trout to move on with that big of a win on his record, and lose his buzz to a lesser fighter than Cotto (Canelo), just looked bad.

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 20 2014, 11:32 PM) *
I like cotto but I can't stand roaches childish ass trying to hard! He gonna get cotto fucked up talking bout he. Soccer player lol and fuck what papa Trinidad talking bout! He showing biased support for a fellow rican(but if he really couldn't run for a year he in trouble) just like Tito would have mopped money n pac gtfoh!

More interesting as the weeks go by

Roach does what he has to do to promote his fighters, can't knock him for that...though I have in the past, lol. And yes, he's gonna get Cotto f'd up with that silly "offense first, defense later" style of fighting. I've never truly had a problem with Cotto's offense, it's just how he reacted when it was given back. With Freddie in there telling him to go at the guy, may prove to be detrimental, or it may very well show shades of the old Miguel and impress us all. Who knows though...

As for papa Trinidad...I like his trolling efforts! Dude is classic, and some of that stuff may hold some truth...some of it. Lol

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 21 2014, 01:39 PM
Post #77

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 21 2014, 11:52 AM) *
C'mon AZ, no point at all? I think he should've taken it easy after the Mayweather loss...he looked good in his losing effort, and revived his status as a top fighter. The Margarito revenge was sweet, and he got huge payday in the Floyd fight...should've taken it easy then. But noooo...he took the Trout fight (a stylistic nightmare) for the "fans"...bad move.

I've had several rants about Cotto's business decisions, lol...trust me, it should be chronicled. I guess that's why he allowed Bob back into his career. He gave Trout a huge chance, Trout impressed, and Trout went on to look like poo poo in the Canelo fight...that wasn't a great loss for Miguel. Had Trout embarrassed Canelo, then the Trout loss wouldn't have looked so bad on Miguel's record, but for Trout to move on with that big of a win on his record, and lose his buzz to a lesser fighter than Cotto (Canelo), just looked bad.

As for papa Trinidad...I like his trolling efforts! Dude is classic, and some of that stuff may hold some truth...some of it. Lol

After the Floyd loss he should have been fighting ishe or k9 then went after another bread winner! He was Floyd's most successful opponent in years and should have took two look good fights and had a rematch ...he also should have kept Pedro Diaz...people complain about alot of fighters work ethics but his go under the radar ....Pedro spoke of his complaining in a few interviews about work. And his diet is as bad as Cains.
And yeah the trout fight fuccd him over 3x.
Tito used to be one of my favorite fighters that whole hand wrap situation blurred everything.
Papa t should take on some new talent ...the island needs him bad. Alot of people could benefit

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Apr 13 2014, 05:42 PM
Post #78

Junior Welterweight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su9echZWTqE

face off preview

fight is shaping up nice i wonder what the cards gonna look like juanma vs arce would be cool on the under

loving the hype

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Apr 13 2014, 06:24 PM
Post #79

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 21 2014, 12:52 PM) *

Roach does what he has to do to promote his fighters, can't knock him for that...though I have in the past, lol. And yes, he's gonna get Cotto f'd up with that silly "offense first, defense later" style of fighting. I've never truly had a problem with Cotto's offense, it's just how he reacted when it was given back. With Freddie in there telling him to go at the guy, may prove to be detrimental, or it may very well show shades of the old Miguel and impress us all. Who knows though...

cotto has made some dumb moves whenever he loses a belt, he tries to get one back right away and ends up taking Ls or punishment. this might be another one of those times

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 13 2014, 06:30 PM
Post #80

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

I hope Cotto boxes behind his jab. His jab can keep Martinez's jab at bay or atleast throw him off. But if hes looking to give Martinez too much room, or gets too sloppy this could be over very quickly.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 04:39 PM