Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Promoting of Cuba's big 3
flazi
post Jun 11 2013, 07:23 PM
Post #21

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,846

this was aslemo moreno's ring entrance song when he fought mares. gets me pumped everytime i hear it.

yes i love that song too
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 11 2013, 07:44 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 11 2013, 08:05 PM) *
I think it has a lot to do with taxes, in regards to these fights being held in FL. I see these small cards on ESPN and ShowBox being held there, but rarely do I see the B.A.D., HBO Championship Boxing, or Showtime Boxing Championship Boxing cards being held there.

I mean the Miami Heat are in the Finals, so I wonder why promoters aren't taking advantage of that alone. Hell, have the fighters take pics with the team (or some of it's key players), or have them take part in some Heat stuff.

This is all easier said than done, by the way. I mean seriously, if Arum couldn't even squeeze pennies out of anything in FL or rub shoulders with some big time players (investors) to help promote his Cuban fighter(s), then that should tell us something. It may be something that requires too much work, with little reward...like cuffing a chick with daddy issues.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 11 2013, 09:20 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Jun 11 2013, 12:00 PM) *
My insight is limited, but I went to college in N. FL. While I did not meet any Cubans, many of my friends from Miami were 2nd and 3rd generation descendents of the various islands. Miami is a very racially fractured community. The few times I have been, to me it seems like they like down on you if you are dark or dont speak Spanish. And Cuba had a very tough racial history, with many of the money folks being very light skinned who associated more with their Spanish heritage and those were many of the people from whom Castro took power. And those constitute the monied conservative Republican S. FL Cuban base.

Yup.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 11 2013, 09:22 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

The promoters aren't the only ones to be blamed. It's also the, too often useless, boxing press.

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Jun 11 2013, 09:28 PM
Post #25

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 11 2013, 07:05 PM) *
I think it has a lot to do with taxes, in regards to these fights being held in FL. I see these small cards on ESPN and ShowBox being held there, but rarely do I see the B.A.D., HBO Championship Boxing, or Showtime Boxing Championship Boxing cards being held there.

I mean the Miami Heat are in the Finals, so I wonder why promoters aren't taking advantage of that alone. Hell, have the fighters take pics with the team (or some of it's key players), or have them take part in some Heat stuff.

This is all easier said than done, by the way. I mean seriously, if Arum couldn't even squeeze pennies out of anything in FL or rub shoulders with some big time players (investors) to help promote his Cuban fighter(s), then that should tell us something. It may be something that requires too much work, with little reward...like cuffing a chick with daddy issues.

Florida has no state income tax and very liberal financial laws to preserve assets in retirement. One of the reasons the Goldmans would chase OJ around when he was working conventions and stuff around the country as they could not touch his retirement money in FL nor the money he transferred into trusts for his other children.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 11 2013, 09:47 PM
Post #26

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

All fights should be in Miami or New York. They should all fight together if that is possible (except Lara). Rigondeaux and Gamboa can fight on the same card. It would be exciting.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jun 11 2013, 09:54 PM
Post #27

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 11 2013, 10:47 PM) *
All fights should be in Miami or New York. They should all fight together if that is possible (except Lara). Rigondeaux and Gamboa can fight on the same card. It would be exciting.

Agreed! For Lara, if they're gonna put him on undercards, throw him in a double header with Kid chocolate, ain't he half Cuban?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 12 2013, 03:32 PM
Post #28

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 11 2013, 07:54 PM) *
Agreed! For Lara, if they're gonna put him on undercards, throw him in a double header with Kid chocolate, ain't he half Cuban?

Kid Chocolate's daddy is Cuban so yeah he is. Great undercard!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 03:43 AM