IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Garcia vs Lamont Peterson, Possibly on the May 3rd Undercard???
Dolimite
post Jan 26 2014, 09:35 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Lamont fought a very smart fight last night. He gave Jean different looks. Lamont boxed when he had to but and was offensive we had to be on the offensive. He looked confident and even did a little show boating in the ring. Danny is of course the king of 140 at this time. This fight is a good one if the Lamont Peterson who showed up last night could possibly beat Danny. I will give the odds to Garcia right now just because he has beaten everyone that they have put in front of him. I wonder if Haymon and Co would put this fight as the Co main event on May 3rd.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jan 26 2014, 09:38 AM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 26 2014, 09:35 AM) *
Lamont fought a very smart fight last night. He gave Jean different looks. Lamont boxed when he had to but and was offensive we had to be on the offensive. He looked confident and even did a little show boating in the ring. Danny is of course the king of 140 at this time. This fight is a good one if the Lamont Peterson who showed up last night could possibly beat Danny. I will give the odds to Garcia right now just because he has beaten everyone that they have put in front of him. I wonder if Haymon and Co would put this fight as the Co main event on May 3rd.

Good fight.. I think it is a pick em fight. Peterson is well rounded and has a good chin despite the Matthyse train wreck...Peterson also has defense-- Garcia would have his hands full

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 26 2014, 09:49 AM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

lamont leaves himself open a lot. maybe he can shake off a solid shot from jean, but i don't see the same happening against garcia. danny can def stand up and trade with lamont. don't think anything from peterson's end will really hurt or affect danny at all.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jan 26 2014, 10:15 AM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 26 2014, 09:49 AM) *
lamont leaves himself open a lot. maybe he can shake off a solid shot from jean, but i don't see the same happening against garcia. danny can def stand up and trade with lamont. don't think anything from peterson's end will really hurt or affect danny at all.

Peterson has some solid defense when he is focused --Judah Gave Garcia problems... I am confident Peterson can do more than Judah...

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Jan 26 2014, 10:16 AM

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 26 2014, 11:58 AM
Post #5

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

Lamont's weakness is his inability to start early. But once he gets going he's trouble for anyone .

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jan 26 2014, 12:03 PM
Post #6

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 26 2014, 11:58 AM) *
Lamont's weakness is his inability to start early. But once he gets going he's trouble for anyone .

Which what makes this fight interesting because Danny is a slow starter too.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jan 26 2014, 12:31 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

i see danny taking a UD in a rough fight. lamont is durable and a great body attacker. i could see lamont coming forward right into dannys counter punching style though, getting caught and koed early again, but then again it could also go jsut like the bradley khan and jean fights, just tough long fights.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jan 26 2014, 02:20 PM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Last night both my calls were off, i just got alittle too excited when the fight came and let emotions come through. Let me get logical

I believe Garcia gets this W. Garcia has the stronger left hook, and the stronger right hand which comes in varieties. Garcia throws leads of every kind of punch lead hooks, lead uppercuts, lead right hands. Vsing judah i remember him just shooting the lead right all day...

Lamont already learned not to hook with a hooker so if he tries it with Garcia like he did Matthysse he'll get caught, Jean was touching Lamont with his right hand consistently but he just didnt have no juice on it, If Jean was getting through with the right then i have no doubt that Garcia will too.

I see this fight going alot like Khan vs Garcia....Lamont probably puts the hands on Garcia at first and then gets alittle too comfortable, then BAMM Left hook to the neck and Lamont will be paralyzed and on the way out the rest of the fight .

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 26 2014, 04:12 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I don't know about it being a Co main event. The fight don't excite me that much to give it that distinction but it would be one helluva fight, a 50/50 type of fight. Danny doesn't do anything overly impressive and Lamont has his faults as well. It would be a rough fight for both men

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 26 2014, 06:50 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 26 2014, 09:35 AM) *

Oh Lord, here you go with this Mayweather undercard stuff again, lol. I can't wait til Floyd announces his next opponent, so some of you guys can rest your little heads...it was worse than this before he announced the Cotto and Canelo fight. I had to add a question mark at the end of the topic description...just to force myself to not harass you about not having a source. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Anyhow, it a great scrap, and predicted them fighting last December at the latest, but the Matthysse loss by Peterson halted that. Peterson looked good last night...still a bit on the hardheaded side, but he still looked good. With that in mind, I don't see GBP being so quick to throw Lamont in there after just one comeback fight. NOW...had Danny sometime this month, then I would be able to agree with a possible May 3rd clash.

I'm not sure if they let Garcia sit out so long, just for a May 3rd fight with Peterson, when they easily market that fight at the Barclay's, the Mohegan Sun in CT, or hell, maybe even the theater at MSG. I honestly believe that THIS fight is more marketable than the Garcia/Matthysse fight...because Matthysse truly doesn't have a "home" (read: a solid city, state, or venue with fans) here in the States. Both Danny and Lucas were coming off of April and May bouts...so it wasn't hard to match them at the time.

Since it appears that Danny is gonna fight Herrera in Puerto Rico, I think GBP is leaning more towards expanding his fan base this year...maybe a Peterson fight will happen at the end of the year. I honestly believe that they'll end up meeting at WW instead...but I don't think GBP will pass up the opportunity to have an undisputed champ under their umbrella...let alone host an undisputed title fight while both of the fighters belong to them.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 07:25 PM