IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boxing Opinions..., you're probably in the minority!
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 8 2010, 11:42 PM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 9 2010, 12:15 AM) *
I can understand why the judges scored it for Mayweather; his punches looked better while Castillo was mostly landing to the body, which most judged and fans don't count. Like aware said, most people don't apprecieate the intricacies of boxing.

Fuck the intracacies, Castillo won that fight through ring generalship and landing more shots. I really don't care how fucken slick Floyd's defense was/is, in that fight Castillo landed more blows, cleaner blows and better blows. Period.

I'll give Floyd this, he is a master craftsman, his defense is one of the best (if not the best) I have ever seen, so are his ring smarts, but in that particular fight he lost. I think all the HBO guys had Castillo winning and I'd say more than half the press row, but I can't be sure I haven't seen the straw poll conducted that night.

The best I could give Floyd is losing 7 rounds to 5 but after watching it a few times I'd be more inclined to say Castillo by 8 rounds to 4.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Aug 8 2010, 11:47 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 9 2010, 12:42 AM) *
Fuck the intracacies, Castillo won that fight through ring generalship and landing more shots. I really don't care how fucken slick Floyd's defense was/is, in that fight Castillo landed more blows, cleaner blows and better blows. Period.

I'll give Floyd this, he is a master craftsman, his defense is one of the best (if not the best) I have ever seen, so are his ring smarts, but in that particular fight he lost. I think all the HBO guys had Castillo winning and I'd say more than half the press row, but I can't be sure I haven't seen the straw poll conducted that night.

The best I could give Floyd is losing 7 rounds to 5 but after watching it a few times I'd be more inclined to say Castillo by 8 rounds to 4.

The first 3 rounds it was all Mayweather and it wasn't until the 7th that Castillo really started to assert his will. Plus there were some swing rounds and you had to know the close rounds would go to the hometown guy.

But yeah Castillo was the better man that night and Mayweather had to have a great 11th round in the rematch to pull out the win.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 9 2010, 12:23 AM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 8 2010, 11:47 PM) *
The first 3 rounds it was all Mayweather and it wasn't until the 7th that Castillo really started to assert his will. Plus there were some swing rounds and you had to know the close rounds would go to the hometown guy.

But yeah Castillo was the better man that night and Mayweather had to have a great 11th round in the rematch to pull out the win.

I foolishly thought the swing rounds might go to the champ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) To be honest I didn't really see that many swing rounds, that fight was relatively easy for me to score. The second fight? Definately tougher but I gave it to Mayweather.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Aug 9 2010, 01:49 AM
Post #44

Guests

I don't think there was anything wrong with the Mayweather-Castillo decision. In the end, nobody really went out and 'won' it.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Aug 9 2010, 02:27 AM
Post #45

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (Aware @ Aug 8 2010, 10:00 PM) *
1. Lennox Lewis on a good night could beat any heavyweight in history on their best night.

2. Floyd Mayweather possesses the greatest boxing mind to ever step in a ring.

3. James Toney at cruiserweight would have beat Rocky Marciano (that's the weight-class Marciano would have been in). Additionally, Marciano would have lost to most of the top heavyweights from the 90s, 80s, 70s, and 60s.

4. Mayweather won the first Castillo fight period. The judges got it right and so did half of press row.

5. 99% of people watch boxing for the wrong reasons.

Lennox Lewis beat any heavyweight in history on their best night??hahaha..Hell naw man.

Floyd possesses the best boxing mind ever??How??Benny Leonard had the best boxing mind in my opinion..

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: Aug 9 2010, 02:28 AM

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 9 2010, 02:46 AM
Post #46

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 9 2010, 01:49 AM) *
I don't think there was anything wrong with the Mayweather-Castillo decision. In the end, nobody really went out and 'won' it.

Sorry to disagree Fitz but I saw that fight really really 'clearly' if you know what I mean. Some fights I remain conflicted about no matter how many times I watch them, and I oscillate between giving either fighter the win, but this was not one of those fights. Sure Floyd annoys me but not to the point of blind hate where I couldn't appreciate him winning a close fight, I just didn't think it was that close.

One of those fights where each round was hard fought but at the end of it I could clearly tick a box for one fighter winning it. Probably a bit like the Tua/Ibeabuchi fight I mentioned earlier in this thread.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Aug 9 2010, 03:55 AM
Post #47

Guests

That's just how I saw it. I don't argue with anyone that saw it one way or another. For me, nobody really won the fight so I don't care too much for the decision. Nobody really dominated, in the end someone had to be unlucky.

+Quote Post
JD
post Aug 9 2010, 05:31 AM
Post #48

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

I will take Bernard Hopkins boxing mind from this era alone.

+Quote Post
KENSOFINE
post Aug 9 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #49

Super Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,591

Monority opinions...

Pernel Whitaker is a legend, and justifiably so...but he nor Leonard would have kicked Mayweather's ass, like everyone is assuming. (And I flat-out HATE Mayweather)

Hagler and Hearns would have MURDERED Mayweather.

Oscar BEAT Trinidad...SOUNDLY.

Saying Alexandar had a "bad night" or that he "underestimated his opponent"...is bullshit. Dude is the next Baby Comacho. All the promise in the world, but REAL challenges in his class will destroy him, probably by knockout. (Bradley, Peterson, Khan, etc)....and remember, you saw it here first.

Zab Judah's recent win meant absolutely nothing. No improvements to his game, whatsoever.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Aug 9 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #50

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Aug 9 2010, 02:11 PM) *
Monority opinions...

Pernel Whitaker is a legend, and justifiably so...but he nor Leonard would have kicked Mayweather's ass, like everyone is assuming. (And I flat-out HATE Mayweather)

Hagler and Hearns would have MURDERED Mayweather.

Oscar BEAT Trinidad...SOUNDLY.

Saying Alexandar had a "bad night" or that he "underestimated his opponent"...is bullshit. Dude is the next Baby Comacho. All the promise in the world, but REAL challenges in his class will destroy him, probably by knockout. (Bradley, Peterson, Khan, etc)....and remember, you saw it here first.

Zab Judah's recent win meant absolutely nothing. No improvements to his game, whatsoever.

Sorry, I beat you too it. Khan KO's Alexander NOW!

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:13 AM