> Malignaggi vs. Mosley, Update: Fight is financially falling apart
Franchize
post Jan 17 2013, 09:04 AM
Post #31

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jan 16 2013, 07:25 PM) *
Jin Mosley is like, "Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.....gimme my mon-eeeeeeee (Smokey from Friday voice)"

lmaooooo

My favorite movie of all time
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 17 2013, 03:20 PM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I think this is the easiest path for Mosley to get a title. However, I would not be shocked to see Paulie get a decision here, just because I think he's faster, busier, the sharper puncher and the better defender here. Mosley had issues with boxing types, like the Sergio Mora's of the world. Not to mention, that was a slightly better Mosley than we have today.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 17 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 16 2013, 08:43 AM) *
That cotto fight was awesome, god Damn cotto was a beast then. Gotta be one of my favorite fights in my lifetime.

Thought mosley was gonna put cotto on his ass. I mean if chop chop and zab nearly got him down I figured mosley could stop him. Never did I think cotto could outbox sugar either.

BTW anyone know why zab and mosley never went at it?

Zab cut himself in the shower.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 17 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #34

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 17 2013, 02:21 PM) *
Zab cut himself in the shower.

Yup, and I remember when the fight was cancelled, Shane accused Zab of being afraid of him, and not wanting to fight

I was disappointed that fight didn't go down

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 18 2013, 02:18 AM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Oh, please... Oh, please... If we see Mosely getting outboxed handily, which we probably will and he lands a home run and eventually stops Paulie, lets not say this guy is back. I still havent forgotten his last 4 or 5 prior to...

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 18 2013, 09:16 AM
Post #36

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

Even though I was glad to see Shane retire because I got tired of seeing him looking like a Chipmunk after each bout the one thing going into this fight is that he knows that Paulie punches like a 2 year old baby girl so he won't be getting put to sleep or even remotely damaged. Malignaggi's best bet is to stay outside and box and use his speed and he will be able to beat Mosley but if he even thinks he can stay in the pocket and trade with Shane then he'll end up like the oh so overrated loaded gloves MargoCHEATO.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jan 18 2013, 12:31 PM
Post #37

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Malignaggi is going to run like Carl Lewis... Mosely has to throw caution to the wind for every three minutes of the round and get him out of there with power shots..

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Jan 18 2013, 12:31 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 23 2013, 10:32 AM
Post #38

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

http://www.boxingscene.com/malignaggi-forg...-maidana--61655

Looks like Paulie wants Maidana! Wasn't this fight supposed to happen back in 2011, when they were trying to make Alexander/Malignaggi? I believe so...I just remember thinking..."Aw man, Paulie's gonna die in there, if they make this fight".

One thing I've always liked about Paulie, is his willingness to fight any and every body. He was actually fed to a few fighters, and did better than anticipated. I just dont like his lack of punching power, but oh well.

It looks like he wants more money than he's already getting, according to Shane's statements on the front page. At this point, I just want Shane to go away, and stay away. It's sad, because we've seen this dude whore for big paydays and damn near beg for fights, for at least the past 5 years.

It's getting old, and Im ready for him to retire for good. I wasn't all that excited about a Malignaggi/Mosley fight, but I wasn't completely against it either.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Jan 23 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #39

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

Malignaggi actually does sometimes duck fighters. He ducked Alexander, after completely trashing him. He's ducking Mosley now, although I understand because its really an all risk no reward fight for PM and the chances of him winning a decision are just as strong as Mosley landing a big shot somewhere in 12 rounds.

I, honestly, could care less who PM fights next. Does anyone honestly think Malignaggi is going to beat any top WW? I like the guy but have always considered him a B+ fighter. He was floored by a pudgy JWW, that an old Morales schooled, in his last fight. Maidana, Mosley...both would probably KO PM.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 23 2013, 10:40 PM
Post #40

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2013, 07:32 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/malignaggi-forg...-maidana--61655

Looks like Paulie wants Maidana! Wasn't this fight supposed to happen back in 2011, when they were trying to make Alexander/Malignaggi? I believe so...I just remember thinking..."Aw man, Paulie's gonna die in there, if they make this fight".

One thing I've always liked about Paulie, is his willingness to fight any and every body. He was actually fed to a few fighters, and did better than anticipated. I just dont like his lack of punching power, but oh well.

It looks like he wants more money than he's already getting, according to Shane's statements on the front page. At this point, I just want Shane to go away, and stay away. It's sad, because we've seen this dude whore for big paydays and damn near beg for fights, for at least the past 5 years.

It's getting old, and Im ready for him to retire for good. I wasn't all that excited about a Malignaggi/Mosley fight, but I wasn't completely against it either.

The crying and bitching Mosley had been doing is pathetic. No one wants to see him fight. No one! If Paulie can say fuck you then you know you hit rock bottom. I think Mosley should stick to training, no one will fight him, no one. I think Marcos and Paulie is a great match, I think Marcos will punish Paulie for 9 rounds before sending him to Showtime to be a full time announcer. The boxing gods have answered one of my prayers let's see if they can answer the other 5.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 09:04 PM