Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Broner vs Gamboa
mrwigi
post Feb 27 2012, 10:13 AM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,421

After watching Broner fight this weekend, i started think, how would a fight go between him and Gamboa. I know Adrien hasnt really been tested as of yet, and Gamboa has had fights against solis and solido, but i still think it would make for an exciting fight. So i ask, who should Broner fight next that may prepare him for Yuri. And assuming Gamboa gets passed Rios... And there fight is held at 135.... Who you picking?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 11:12 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Good post! I believe this is a good measuring stick for both of them! Gamboa hasn't fought anybody that pretty much matches him in the skill and speed department, and it will be a while before Broner faces someone close to his skill level...unless he's in the ring with Gamboa.

Great match, but I dont feel that it would happen unless Arum gets his thumb out of his ass and stop carrying his feelings on his shoulders...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 27 2012, 11:27 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Idk about Gamboa at these weight classes. He's kind of small but this would be the first fight where a counter puncher is fast enough to counter him and strong enough to hurt him at the same time. He looked really uncomfortable in there against ponce who was trying to counter him. But who knows, this would definitely be an interesting fight

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Feb 27 2012, 01:15 PM
Post #4

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 11:12 AM) *
Good post! I believe this is a good measuring stick for both of them! Gamboa hasn't fought anybody that pretty much matches him in the skill and speed department, and it will be a while before Broner faces someone close to his skill level...unless he's in the ring with Gamboa.

Great match, but I dont feel that it would happen unless Arum gets his thumb out of his ass and stop carrying his feelings on his shoulders...

I was pretty much thinking the same thing. I just believe these are the types of fights that boxing needs. I just wonder how long it will be for either fighter steps up to someone who can actually match up with them. I almost wanted to throw Juan Lopez in there as well. I think he would punish Gamboa, but he would have a lot more problems with Adrien.

As far as King Bob is concerned, I have voiced my opinion about him as much as I can, but I will say it once more.. Bob Arum can eat a dick!

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Feb 27 2012, 01:16 PM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 27 2012, 11:27 AM) *
Idk about Gamboa at these weight classes. He's kind of small but this would be the first fight where a counter puncher is fast enough to counter him and strong enough to hurt him at the same time. He looked really uncomfortable in there against ponce who was trying to counter him. But who knows, this would definitely be an interesting fight

I agree with you here. In a battle of two untested fighters, I would have to go with Adrien. He just always looks more comfortable in the ring than Gamboa.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 27 2012, 03:21 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Broner punishes Gamboa at any of the LW or JLW weight classes. Broners got the reach advantage and Gamboa likes to drop his hands. Call Broner cocaine cuz hell knumb up your gums.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 27 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

This would be a FOY candidate. I think Broner would win for one simple reason. He defends himself better than Gamboa. While Gamboa's defense has improved, he still takes too many risks and has lapses defensively. Broner's shoulder roll has improved every fight I've seen him in. I think that will ultimately be the difference.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Feb 27 2012, 04:49 PM
Post #8

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Broner vs Gamboa would be an instant classic.....but too bad that after Bam Bam is done with Gamboa he would never be the same fighter. Bam Bam will make Gamboa a more hesitant fighter to take chances and get into exchanges after tasting someones power.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2012, 04:52 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

bad match up for gamboa. they are equally skilled....and have equal speed. i give the edge in defense to broner. i could see broner stopping gamboa. he's too short for broner and he'd have to fight a totally different style to beat broner because boxing isn't going to work against the taller and equally skilled opponent.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 27 2012, 04:13 PM) *
While Gamboa's defense has improved, he still takes too many risks and has lapses defensively.

+1

The only reason his defensive flaws haven't been exposed, is because he hasn't fought anybody fast enough to make him pay for it. If I remember correctly, Salido had a nice quick moment in their fight because Gamboa got a but careless.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2012, 04:52 PM) *
against the taller and equally skilled opponent.

Wow...I totally forgot about the height difference...not sure how big the difference is.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 04:37 AM