IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> To those who are mocking DLH as a "quitter", step inside......
Byrd Man
post Dec 7 2008, 03:46 PM
Post #1

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

I've seen on a few boards and boxing sites where people are mocking DLh and calling him a "quitter" and talking about how "disgusted" that they were @ DLH.

Why? What was DLH supposed to do? Just keep going out there and get the hell beat out of him for nothing? It was obvious that he had nothing for Pacman. There was really no chance of him having any success against him, much less a chance to win.

So if DLH had honor I suppose he would suck it up, go out there and get his face beat in, and possibly suffer permanent damage, just so some couch ridden wanna-be fight expert can be satisfied?

How many fighters have gotten killed in the ring and then afterwards people are like "that shoulda been stopped a round or two sooner?"

What's disgusting is the people out there ridiculing Oscar for being a "quitter"

I suppose if DLH had died in the ring or afterwards, but not "quit" everything would have been fine then.

some fucking people, man....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Dec 7 2008, 04:13 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,253

An EXCUSE is DEFINITELY coming for why DLH was NOT punching. Mark my words.

DLH was overheard by Merchant in the ring telling someone on his team "I brought this on myself".

Larry tried to elicit an explanation, but, to his credit, DLH did not make an excuse, instead giving Paq a lot of credit. HOWEVER, I bet he comes out with it this week.

+Quote Post
JD
post Dec 7 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #3

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE(Method @ Dec 7 2008, 04:13 PM) [snapback]415017[/snapback]
An EXCUSE is DEFINITELY coming for why DLH was NOT punching. Mark my words.

DLH was overheard by Merchant in the ring telling someone on his team "I brought this on myself".

Larry tried to elicit an explanation, but, to his credit, DLH did not make an excuse, instead giving Paq a lot of credit. HOWEVER, I bet he comes out with it this week.

Left shoulder...bank on it.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 7 2008, 04:23 PM
Post #4

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Dec 7 2008, 08:46 PM) [snapback]415013[/snapback]
I've seen on a few boards and boxing sites where people are mocking DLh and calling him a "quitter" and talking about how "disgusted" that they were @ DLH.

Why? What was DLH supposed to do? Just keep going out there and get the hell beat out of him for nothing? It was obvious that he had nothing for Pacman. There was really no chance of him having any success against him, much less a chance to win.

So if DLH had honor I suppose he would suck it up, go out there and get his face beat in, and possibly suffer permanent damage, just so some couch ridden wanna-be fight expert can be satisfied?

How many fighters have gotten killed in the ring and then afterwards people are like "that shoulda been stopped a round or two sooner?"

What's disgusting is the people out there ridiculing Oscar for being a "quitter"

I suppose if DLH had died in the ring or afterwards, but not "quit" everything would have been fine then.

some fucking people, man....

I agree... and although I've never been the biggest DLH fan, it's sad to see faded fighters take beatings from peak fighters like the one Oscar took from Manny. The one Oscar took from Manny was reminiscent of the beating Ali took from Holmes. Nacho should have thrown in the towel the moment round 8 ended. DLH wasn't even throwing back.

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Dec 7 2008, 04:51 PM
Post #5

Welterweight

Member No.: 6,422

Personally I think because it was the "Golden Boy" is the only reason I can imagine of why it was not stopped in the seventh when Manny was hitting him at will and Oscar wasn't able to do anything back to him.

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post Dec 7 2008, 04:59 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,468

i don't really think anyone here was calling him a quitter

cross dresser? yes

closet homosexual? maybe

phony? most definitely

quitter? i dunno.... manny beat the fuck out of him its not like he had any chance anyway if he would have kept fighting

+Quote Post
Imperius3
post Dec 7 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #7

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 931

All of this disrespect is ridiculous. Are you guys boxing fans or sadists?

It doesn't matter what your assumptions are on the man's character. You shouldn't judge someone you really know nothing about.

DLH was a great fighter, and his time has now come to an end. He's given us some great, historic fights. Give him some respect.

This post has been edited by Imperius3: Dec 8 2008, 01:19 AM

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Dec 7 2008, 05:25 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

I agree with Byrdman, too often people call a fighter "pussy" for quitting and then when a fighter goes into a coma or worse, people start blaming the ref, they start saying they never criticize fighters and some even wonder whether boxing should be legal. Then 2 months later they are back to their old ways. These guys are either idiots or young people who have only started watching boxing for a while and have never been in a fight, much less a ring. DLH didn't lose because he's a pussy, he lost because he was facing a better man and he was never that skillful to begin with.

This also raises the point though about huge paydays in boxing. DLH will make around 22 million for a night's work. At 22 million you expect him to give us a not only a better fight but a better undercard. I mean did this fight seriously deserve to happen? Manny proved he belonged in there but apart from him beating a bigger man what did boxing gain? Imagine what other great fights on HBO we could have had had they not pumped in so much money and time on this one.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Dec 7 2008, 05:30 PM
Post #9

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

I will go out on that shaky limb & call him a quitter.

Yes he was taking a beating but so was Harding against Andreas & he showed heart & kept fighting despite being heavily behind on the cards. Guess what he knocked his man out because he was no quitter unlike DLH who clearly is. Jake Lamotta never knew the meaning of the word either.

DLH is a quitter through & through & none of this "he may have died crap" will cut the mustard with me.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 7 2008, 05:31 PM
Post #10

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

^ Just like Tszyu quit against Hatton

+Quote Post

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:05 PM