IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do You Think Floyd Mayweather Will Retire Undefeated?
Do You Think Floyd Mayweather Will Retire Undefeated?
Fighting all 6 fights against Top Level Competition.
Yes, he'll retire undefeated [ 7 ] ** [63.64%]
No, he'll retire defeated [ 4 ] ** [36.36%]
Total Votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
The Original MrF...
post Mar 21 2013, 07:05 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

I don't think he completes the SHOWTIME contract. It is possible for him to retire undefeated though. He's done it twice already...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 21 2013, 07:59 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I remember sending a smoke signal for this poster named Gambit808. Took a while to get an answer, so I assumed that he went off to the mountains to be a monk.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 21 2013, 08:05 PM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 21 2013, 07:59 PM) *
I remember sending a smoke signal for this poster named Gambit808. Took a while to get an answer, so I assumed that he went off to the mountains to be a monk.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

LMAO!

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 21 2013, 08:19 PM
Post #14

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 21 2013, 04:58 AM) *
Yep...my man will retire undefeated. BUT I think he will get knocked down somewhere along the way - which will haters love. I can already see "Yeah, yeah...he was undefeated but remember that one time he got KD?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I don't think that Sergio Martinez, while possessing tremendous ability represents a big threat to Floyd though. His at times sloppy footwork and being out of balance and getting put on his ass as the result is something Money will take advantage of easily imo.

For some reason I feel that, that should happen (in away) for Mayweather to finally get his just due. It's almost like him being hurt on multiple occasions is not enough to justify his trials and tribulations.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 21 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Plah @ Mar 21 2013, 08:34 AM) *
I believe this exact same thread was created some months ago. Can't wait for Cshel's response lol.

Btw, I voted yes because the ones who I think can beat him are Martínez and Trout and I don't think he'll ever fight them. (Them being too big for him, etc).

It was. I just wanted some input "post 6 fight deal". Before then I figure he had about 2 or 3 left in the tank to perform at a high level.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Mar 21 2013, 08:41 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

HELLLLL no. There is a 0.0% chance that Floyd takes care of his money. He will be broke a few years after he "retires"...then come out of retirement for a few paychecks. That is when he will lose. I would LOVE to see Floyd retire healthy and live a good and comfortable life with his family...but it just won't happen. He is a complete mess outside of the ring.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Mar 21 2013, 09:18 PM
Post #17

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (KOpower @ Mar 21 2013, 08:41 PM) *
HELLLLL no. There is a 0.0% chance that Floyd takes care of his money. He will be broke a few years after he "retires"...then come out of retirement for a few paychecks. That is when he will lose. I would LOVE to see Floyd retire healthy and live a good and comfortable life with his family...but it just won't happen. He is a complete mess outside of the ring.

Do you know him? I do....Him being a complete mess is faaaaaaaaar from the truth....he does however take care of alot of people...

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 21 2013, 09:19 PM
Post #18

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Dudes like Floyd (and Hopkins) with the kind of defense and ring IQ he/they have will never get KO'd coldly and will be far too careful against dangerous foes to place themselves into a point where they cannot come back from once they get rocked.

Floyd has been rocked a couple of times, how did he react? He reacted with patience, intelligence and full awareness of what was going on and then he turned around and dominated, so did BHop (when rocked by Pascal).

I can't see why some seem to think that the competition matters as much, both fighters (Mayweather and Bernard) have done the same things consistently from fight to fight and yet no fighter has really been able to figure out a way to KO either of them, let alone totally dominate either man.

I think Floyd will walk away from this sport with an unblemished record regardless of who he faces because his defense and ring IQ is just on another level and fighters like this only tend to come around every 20 years or so much in the way that a Track Star like Bolt only seems to sprout up every blue Moon or so.

Floyd will go out as an undefeated fighter!

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 22 2013, 08:31 AM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 21 2013, 05:58 AM) *
Yep...my man will retire undefeated. BUT I think he will get knocked down somewhere along the way - which will haters love. I can already see "Yeah, yeah...he was undefeated but remember that one time he got KD?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I don't think that Sergio Martinez, while possessing tremendous ability represents a big threat to Floyd though. His at times sloppy footwork and being out of balance and getting put on his ass as the result is something Money will take advantage of easily imo.

LOL people still hold on to that Mosley 2nd round and the 1st Castillo fight as if they were embarrassing losses. If your lowest moments in the ring consist of a close decision over 10 years ago and losing one round out in a fight in which you domiated every other round, you're doing something really well lol.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Mar 24 2013, 02:22 AM
Post #20

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I think he retires undefeated even with Canelo and Martinez in his last 6 fights.. Canelo would be probably his most exciting fight and record breaker, he would easily handle Canelo, Canelo is tough, young, and eager, so he will try as much as he can but he will go down in the later rounds. Mayweather will be too much, if not a late KO then UD. Mayweather vs DLH 2....And for Martinez, as much as i like his style, its one dimensional, potshotter, keeps his hands down, can counter, no defense. He will get excited and gas out early. he almost didnt make it 12 with Chavez, and Mayweather will hit him more than chavez...Guerrero, Gamboa, Pacquiao, Bradley, Alexander all go out soundly, pacquiao would be toughest of the 5 just off strength but we already know what happens to pacquiao against someone who can counter (marquez) and who can skeet-skoot (bradley).

there's my logic along with alittle simulation from Fight Night Champion....I don't think he would take the Trout fight, but its boxing and anything can happen.

Bernard Hopkins said before that Mayweather's defense was better than his, I like how Bhop is defying age and showing how brain trumps brawn. Marquez also should have motivated to show that age is no factor, as long as Mayweather takes care of his body and keeps working, i have no doubt his skills will pay his bills and then some..

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 10:44 PM